• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
It's not really cowardly when they kept on making sequels to games that don't really sell vey well.
It has been like that since the Sands of Time , which was a major Bomba, despite being one of the best games of that generation. They made 2 sequels that generation also.

They tried HD remasters and and 2 brand new games, they all bombed.
I think they gave it a fair chance.
Is this actually true? Because I recall Prince of Persia being a HUGE deal in the PS2 era. It was one of the defining franchise of the generation. It even got a movie. Plus Tomb Raider Legend straight stole its climbing mechanics.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they do decide to return to the IP please let it be a new game and not a boring remake

The remake thirst on this forum is bonkers to me

You know you can want new games right? Not just the same games you've already played but prettier?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
We'll get another splinter cell game before Prince of Persia.

So in ten years maybe.

OP
OP
Fahdi

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
You have my sword, OP
and my axe
and my hammer
and my torch

to slain that travesty so called ass creed

I like Ass Creed too unfortunately, since its the only other historical fix, but thank you. We need more people like you.

Thanks to the dude for reminding me about the POP Wii Sands of Time game. That's one extra I haven't played.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
as somebody who liked the games dunno if i really care for another one

at least not through the lens of a modern ubisoft game, asscreed already serves that. though if they have it in em to make a relatively "one and done" action platformer then great

Donato Andrea

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Now there's someone on reddit who claims to have friends at Ubisoft who told him there's no Prince of Persia game/remake in development. What is the truth? Please John Harker, end this suffering!

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
POP08 is a top 5 game of all time for me.
Traversal was such a calming mellow flow.
Top tier aesthetic
Excellent banter
One of the best character/relationship developments in video games
I would agree with you if it wasnt for the boring combat and repetitive fetch questing.

Also once you start flying all over the place it loses a bit of its charm.

But man that artstyle, those areas...Serene is a good way to put it I think.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Prince of Persia is dead. It turned into Assassin's Creed. That's all there is to it.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
N3WL-PNZ.jpg

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
i def miss it. been playing thru PoP 2008 and it's a nice game!

that being said, the modelling on For Honor is really bad, he is no Prince at all.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
They changed its name since November 2007, but you've been having it lol.

Last edited:

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
I would love the return of the Prince. We had a new half Life a new shenmue maybe one day we'll see him back

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I actually really liked Prince of Persia 2008 - the visuals were breath taking and even though it was a fairly short and repetitive game, I still had a lot of fun with it.

Sands of Time was awesome, and the Warrior Within sequel was also really good except the god awful music. The Two Thrones was great except for that weird bipolar thing (though I'll admit playing as the Dark Prince was actually super fun) and I really liked the continuous, linear world design. Never played any of the future 3D Prince of Persia games.

Bring it on, Ubi!

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
-Art style of 08
-Stealth/puzzling bits of TTT
-Combat and open-ended nature of WW

Just don't know how the actual platforming should be handled - it was always a tad too automatic for my tastes, and only got moreso as the series progressed - but I do miss it.
I would honestly love a Prince of Persia game that was just a pure puzzle platformer with practically no combat at all. I've only ever played Sands of Time, so maybe my opinion would be different if I'd played WW or something, but I loathed the game every time I needed to fight, but loved it otherwise.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we should ask John Harker what he thinks about this.
Hey John Harker! What do you think about this? Weren't you teasing a new Prince of Persia game of some sort in previous threads?
Now there's someone on reddit who claims to have friends at Ubisoft who told him there's no Prince of Persia game/remake in development. What is the truth? Please John Harker, end this suffering!
John Harker surely knows. He's been teasing it for quite a while now.
What do we have to do to make you talk John Harker? Are you really that cruel?

Let's try and reduce the amount of this please?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time Ubisoft made a single player game that wasn't full of live service crap?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Just a little thought. We know Ubisoft are extremely lazy in everything they do: in fact, they tend to recycle many assets from their own games. With that in mind, why not think that they took these assets from a Sands of Time trilogy remake they are supposedly developing and simply put them in this For Honor Prince of Persia crossover event to tease us?

Considering how their games dwarf virtually everything else in sheer size, I'd say it's efficient to reuse assets whenever possible. I can't imagine the work put into creating them all.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm in the minority here, but I would love to see something more akin to PoP 2008 if we ever get a new game in the franchise.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Totally agree OP - I've actually just been replaying all the games recently starting with SOT and just having a wonderful time.

Give me another Mechner helmed entry please.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I would love to see something more akin to PoP 2008 if we ever get a new game in the franchise.

I think you're really not, POP 2008 has lots of fans here. Once the dust settled and people realized it was just a totally different thing, it's amazing.

Jul 26, 2019
An amazing looking UbiArt 2d game would be a no-brainer.

It would be very cool for classic version for sure. I hope they work something with big budget too. POP is one of those rare series that have good gameplay in both of it's classic games and modern games, which is may not even be considered modern given that last game in the series released nearly a decade ago.

I highly encourage everyone to watch Jordan Mechner's recently released interview to Ars Technica about original Prince of Persia. It gives great insight about how technological limitations affect game design and how designers come up with interesting solutions.