• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
How dare you sit on this wonderful IP and squander it to bits. You have such a wonderful assortment of characters in 2 different timelines; The Prince and Farah being the first duo that ever made me care about a love story in a game and then the Prince and Elika with an unfinished story. What about Jafar, Malik, Kaileena, Ahriman, Shahdee and the Dahaka? I know I mixed all the characters up but... take me back to Azad!

Personally would bring back the Sands of Time prince with a huge reboot. Ass Creed and the Prince don't need to compete in the same space. They are dynamically and fundamentally so different now. Make an amazing logical single player game that makes sense and see the magic happen!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Here he is :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing the first one so long ago and loving it. Do any of the sequels hold up enough that I should go play them?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Uhm?

www.ubisoftescapegames.com

Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time | Ubisoft Escape Games | Ubisoft (UK)

Prince of Persia: The Dagger Of Time is a Virtual Reality Escape Game set in the world of Prince of Persia which enables you to experience time control. Ubisoft Escape Games is the N°1 creator of VR escape rooms. Contact us and ask for a quote!

Prince of Persia: The Dagger Of Time is a Virtual Reality Escape Game set in the world of Prince of Persia which enables you to experience time control. You will be able to experience something impossible in real life: to slow, stop or even rewind time!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing the first one so long ago and loving it. Do any of the sequels hold up enough that I should go play them?
All the Sands of Time games (all 4 of them) are fun, even if they're not nearly as good as the first one. Prince of Persia (2008) is also great and gorgeous.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
-Art style of 08
-Stealth/puzzling bits of TTT
-Combat and open-ended nature of WW

Just don't know how the actual platforming should be handled - it was always a tad too automatic for my tastes, and only got moreso as the series progressed - but I do miss it.

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
I loved the traversing in 2008, and no ubisoft, no assassin creed game was ever like that, so quit it with that bullshit.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Fat chance, OP. AssCreed killed it. Ubisoft is unlikely to introduce another major PoP entry as long as AC keeps its momentum.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want ubipop.

Give it back to Mechner and give me a 2D POP3 finishing the original princes story. It's been almost 30 years!

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about replaying PoP 2008 but I looked it up and the DLC never released on PC?? Bummer, I would definitley prefer to play it on there

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Does wanting something and then calling them "cowards" actually work?

It's not really cowardly when they kept on making sequels to games that don't really sell vey well.
It has been like that since the Sands of Time , which was a major Bomba, despite being one of the best games of that generation. They made 2 sequels that generation also.

They tried HD remasters and and 2 brand new games, they all bombed.
I think they gave it a fair chance.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
bUt iT's aSsAssIn's cReeD nOw.

Yeah man, I don't want no open-world, half-arsed PoP. I want a fully fleshed PoP with an amazing and mystical story, lots of platforming that is more challenging than holding down a button and run where ever you like. I want fights that isn't just button mashing and I want puzzles.

Give me back the Prince!

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
They're sitting on an IP that lets them explore ancient Persian culture, mythology and history combined with really solid 3D platforming formula and they're doing jack fucking shit with it.

Simply because PoP doesn't fit within their live service, open world bullshit formula.

Ya, I'm pissed too.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
At least they should allow GoG to re-release original dos versions of PoPs (and PoP 3D too!)

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it would likely be using some open world repetitive grinding filled template, with XP, loot, crafting, skill trees, levels and bars going up everywhere, not to mention season passes, helix coins, live services and multiple editions. Like with Splinter Cell, I don't need to see what a modern AAA company would turn those franchises into. Just let them rest in peace.

Last edited:

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
People in here are saying the Ubisoft don't own the rights to Prince of Persia anymore, and others are saying "Give it back to Mechner".

Who has the rights now?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Nah, it would likely be using some open world repetitive grinding filled template, with XP, loot, crafting, skill trees, levels and bars going up everywhere, not to mention season passes, helix coins and multiple editions. Like with Splinter Cell, I don't need to see what a modern AAA company would turn those franchises into. Just let them rest in peace.

Assassin's Creed was originally a Pop game and it sometimes shows, especially in the games that had those puzzle dungeons.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Breakpoint might have been a slight wakeup call re: making every game too similar and we might see a bit of a reining in and re-evaluation of simpler tentpole releases from Ubisoft.

Donato Andrea

Banned
Jan 2, 2020
User Warned: Lazy dev rhetoric
Just a little thought. We know Ubisoft are extremely lazy in everything they do: in fact, they tend to recycle many assets from their own games. With that in mind, why not think that they took these assets from a Sands of Time trilogy remake they are supposedly developing and simply put them in this For Honor Prince of Persia crossover event to tease us?

Last edited:

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People in here are saying the Ubisoft don't own the rights to Prince of Persia anymore, and others are saying "Give it back to Mechner".

Who has the rights now?

Ubi owns the name, Mechner owns the actual IP, so they have to pay him / get his cooperation for anything.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
How dare you sit on this wonderful IP and squander it to bits.
I think the main problem actually is that they don't own it. That and that AC was originally planned as a spiritual successor.
But I'd be there day 1 for that PoP 2008 sequel or any other new Prince of Persia game.

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
You have my sword, OP
and my axe
and my hammer
and my torch

to slain that travesty so called ass creed

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just a little thought. We know Ubisoft are extremely lazy in everything they do: in fact, they tend to recycle many assets from their own games. With that in mind, why not think that they took these assets from a Sands of Time trilogy remake they are supposedly developing and simply put them in this For Honor Prince of Persia crossover event to tease us?

Quit this "lazy devs" shit and there's nothing wrong with recycling assets. All devs should recycle assets if they can.

Oct 30, 2017
Sands of Time is one of my all time favourite games, the OST the Platforming the Level designs and of course the cherry on the top of that fabulous cake is the untouchable atmosphere.

I played and finished all of PoP games ever since... I know Ubi is deadly locked now on AC and the usual new sequels to their usual franchises.

But how about little care and love for this one?

Just make another one and based it on Sands of Time and Boom... you got yourself an excellent game to brag about.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just bought the trilogy and 2008 for PS3 a little bit ago. Really missed the series and wanted to replay them.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Currently playing through the Wii version of Forgotten Sands for the first time, for some reason I had missed the fact that it was a different game to the PC version. Loving it, it's like having a new PoP game :D

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Why wouldn't Ubisoft do everything within its power to re-secure this IP? PoP's roots in parkour and climbing and cleansing control points begat basically all of their non-Clancy IP's. And also some of their Clancy IP's.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft's editorial team can only offer up Assassin's Creed with open-world progression systems and you must appreciate that.

After all, and especially of late, what can go wrong when a department of the head office is calling the shots over creative directors and leads?