• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 14, 2019
I guess we don't have to worry about them pulling out.

"Ubisoft fully supports NVIDIA's GeForce Now with complete access to our PC games from the Ubisoft Store or any supported game stores," Chris Early, the company's SVP for Partnerships and Revenue, told Kotaku in an email. "We believe it's a leading edge service that gives current and new PC players a high end experience with more choice in how and where they play their favorite games."

kotaku.com

What’s Going On With GeForce Now

Ever since it officially launched last month, game publishers have been abandoning Nvidia’s GeForce Now streaming platform in droves. Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney, meanwhile, has defended the service, arguing it’s the most developer-friendly option out there right now.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna play some AC on GeForce now since it's the only shit I own that works on it anymore. Thanks Ubisoft.

Oct 26, 2017
We believe it's a leading edge service that gives current and new PC players a high end experience with more choice in how and where they play their favorite games."

This is funny from a company that stopped releasing their games on Steam and took Tim Sweeney money lmao

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's notable about this is that they've been one of the most cozy developers with Google Stadia.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Ubisoft declaring bankruptcy in 3...2...1...

tumblr_pait2fds621xx5z6ao1_r2_400.gifv

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Wonder if Ubi is actually seeing a small increase in revenue from the service thats why. Some of their games don't run that well on lower grade pc builds like the newer AC games

Yay I can continue playing my Division 2 copy and work my way through the story campaign. I still want more games on there though from them that I own...like the Tomb Raider games

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Publishers should start marketing their titles as GeForce Now Compatible. Earn bonus points with the gamers worldwide.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Not a bad move, especially from a company that has so many series with constant releases. My PC is probably getting to the point where the next AC, Far Cry, or Watch Dogs would be struggling to get above medium. Could actually play them without having to drop a grand or two, which I don't have, on a new PC.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I can not believe there are people here in this forum debating in favor of greedy publishers pulling out of GeForce Now, boils my blood.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god. Their games are what I play the most on it.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can not believe there are people here in this forum debating in favor of greedy publishers pulling out of GeForce Now, boils my blood.

Probably because that's not the only aspect of this entire situation and people refuse to acknowledge that.

For the record, I too think its bullshit that I can't stream my games that I paid for via Geforce Now. I am just highlighting that "greedy dev" takes are lazy and showcase a lack of understanding of the full picture. Whether those decisions made by devs bite them ass in the long run is up for debate.

Last edited:

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Great move Ubi, this is how it should be!
There's just an issue that both South Park rpg's (which would be perfect for NvNow) are not available which is quite disappointing. There was a sale for the game's on Steam and I've intended to buy it to use it via NvNow but it was not available over there. Hope they can get that working soon (probably South park license issue).

Mar 23, 2018
Ubisoft has always been a full court press kind of company. They will support pretty much anything.

Ubisoft takes a lot of crap but over the years they've grown to become one of my favourites. They want to be everywhere and they recently just delayed their games so they could retool them instead of just pushing them out.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Uplay and Epic Games stores make GeForce Now a different value proposition for Ubisoft and Epic.

Where Bethesda and Activision Blizzard might be looking at the loss of licensing their games to a streaming service, or building their own, I suppose Ubisoft and Epic are looking at broadening the audience for their stores and the third-party games they can't license to a streaming service.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
ubi is very "pro streaming" despite the means. geforce now, stadia, or your uncle in montana with a server in his basement they don't give a shit

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shouldn't be up to them but ok, that's good that they support it.
i've been saying that either they support nvidia who is willing to work with developers than have another big company like amazon come in and offer the same as nvidia and not give a damn about what developers have to say.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
This is funny from a company that stopped releasing their games on Steam and took Tim Sweeney money lmao
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read that last line.

You're going to put that statement out there while you did the exact opposite action about a year back. C'mon.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
offer the same as nvidia and not give a damn about what developers have to say.

Amazon wouldn't have any licensing or distribution agreements in place that allows them broadcast those games to you, so just like the Supreme Court decided in 2014 about a company that similarly didn't have rights to broadcast TV shows to subscriber's device (TV shows that subscribers owned personal copies of), they would be infringing on copyright.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This actually makes a lot of sense for them, because unlike Valve, Nvidia does not get a cut of any of the money spent while playing the game.

In addition, this allows them a growth opportunity from mobile platforms without the burden of porting down something like Division 2 or Assassin's Creed. Maybe Acti/Blizz, 2K and Bethesda feel like holding out for a sweeter deal is worth the loss in short term revenue.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I think I was in a coma and missed this news yesterday. Very happy as GFN is great and I hope they are rewarded for it.

Deleted member 9290

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just bought ubisoft plus premium or whatever it's called just to try geforce now out.

Played asscreed, far cry 5 and division 2 so far.

Egrimal

Oct 27, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
This might make me think about going in on the founders again and maybe going for a subscription with ubi. This kind of support is also what I needed to hear to give me confidence buying more demanding PC titles.

I hope that epic and ubi putting their blessing to this might make other publishers think twice about pulling out as well.