• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Arubedo

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Great work like always Arubedo . You always do some of the best work with banners.

I just wont watch or support Ubi after the later news, but I wont disrupt or try to derail for those that do want to watch it.
Thank You! And yeah, i've read the latest "Libération" issue and it's truly a nightmare at Ubisoft, they need to change that ASAP.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I can't bring myself to be hyped for this after the things that have come to light recently.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Knowing how recent streams are, this would likely recorded in advance so now recent events will be addressed which...ummmm.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I really don't expect anything to be changed. It seems his is a tight show (45 minutes?) and previews embargo for WD2 & ACV are dropping just after.

At the very least, I hope outlets will bring that up during their coverage of the show.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt this a pre recorded 40 minute show? No way they address the current situation.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I cannot get hyped for this after what came out. Hell I am not sure if we as a community should be giving Ubisoft free promotion.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I wonder if they will address the increasing number of allegations that have been coming to light. Then again, this is a company who are known for putting players in politically charged situation whilst claiming that their titles are apolitical- so taking responsibility does not come easy if at all to ubisoft.

I will tune into this when it is time and I hope the journalists do their due diligence and consequently force ubisoft to rectify the culture of deep and normalized rot.

Cucurbitacée

Oct 28, 2017
Frankfurt am Main
It's not to hard to slap a camera in front of gyes and edit that in at the beginning. Mabey it won't have a professional transition and will be an awkward cut but it's better then nothing for sure
It's harder than you think. In big companies everything takes way more time, furthermore I can only imagine than anything that management say will be reviewed and inspected by an army of lawyers. Anyway, I would be surprised if they acknowledge the situation by anything else than a splash screen at the beginning or (worse) the end. I expect no mention of it at all.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not to hard to slap a camera in front of gyes and edit that in at the beginning. Mabey it won't have a professional transition and will be an awkward cut but it's better then nothing for sure

No. They shouldn't put a message going "hey, there is rampant sexual assault from the higher ups and HR knew about it... BUT LOOK VIDEOGAMES!". It would reek of tone deafness

And it's way too late to delay the show now.

Honestly I was looking forward to this event, but the news has soured my mood.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will address the increasing number of allegations that have been coming to light. Then again, this is a company who are known for putting players in politically charged situation whilst claiming that their titles are apolitical- so taking responsibility does not come easy if at all to ubisoft.

I will tune into this when it is time and I hope the journalists do their due diligence and consequently force ubisoft to rectify the culture of deep and normalized rot.

I highly doubt the journalists will do anything asides from maybe mention it in their coverage articles. They already have previews/gameplay ready of Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs, so asides from maybe mentioning it on the side nothing is happening

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
It's harder than you think. In big companies everything takes way more time, furthermore I can only imagine than anything that management say will be reviewed and inspected by an army of lawyers. Anyway, I would be surprised if they acknowledge the situation by anything else than a splash screen at the beginning or (worse) the end. I expect no mention of it at all.
O for sure it'll be a lot harder then I imagine, but with this situation they will have to work overtime if they want a good message and don't want to delay the event. They should have delayed it for sure and made a long segment at the begging addressing it. Yet, if there not delaying it that's on them it's not an excuse to not bring up the allegations they need to.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What would they say tho? "Oops, we got caught. Sorry?"

Naah, the Ubisoft higher ups have been complicit in the shitshow that has been happening at the company. Any statement would just be disingenous as fuck and only made because they got caught.

Cucurbitacée

Oct 28, 2017
Frankfurt am Main
O for sure it'll be a lot harder then I imagine, but with this situation they will have to work overtime if they want a good message and don't want to delay the event. They should have delayed it for sure and made a long segment at the begging addressing it. Yet, if there not delaying it that's on them it's not an excuse to not bring up the allegations they need to.
I agree that they should. But from experience, this is never how it works. That's why I expect nothing but still hope I'm wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
This is supposed to be Rayman's 25th anniversary, so I really hope we get something related to it.

Unfortunately my expectations are pretty low.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
What would they say tho? "Oops, we got caught. Sorry?"

Naah, the Ubisoft higher ups have been complicit in the shitshow that has been happening at the company. Any statement would just be disingenous as fuck and only made because they got caught.
Ya it's a damned if you do damned if you don't but it's extra damned if they don't say anything. I would start off the speech by showing recites of firing and telling people they will here about more of this. They need to show action

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
They teased it last E3, but I don't think we heard from it since.
youtu.be

Rainbow Six Quarantine: E3 2019 Teaser Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

Just revealed, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Quarantine is a brand-new 3-player tactical co-op FPS and will be available in 2020 on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 comput...
They were going to run a game test a few weeks ago just before the PlayStation reveal but they canceled it.

At least we know it's alive and well

xem

Oct 31, 2017
so excited. Valhalla please dont disappoint! wonder what other surprises we'll see. hope to see mostly next gen footage.

Edit:
yes and as others have said the awful people involved with harassment need to go. please get help.

Last edited:

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I was going to be excited for Valhalla. However: fuck Ubisoft and their over 100 cases of harassment.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to FC6, Valhalla, and Legion.
Hoping for a good legion release date.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad for those who have worked so hard on a lot of these games and were so proud and excited to show the fruit of their labor, but I'm even sadder for what some, according to these new reports, probably lived, or maybe did not but now know other colleagues lived through, so I hope for their sake and for the many great people there, that a systemic change is underway.

Last edited:

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming it goes ahead as scheduled I can't see them saying anything, I don't know what they could say that would appease anyone, and the majority of people watching won't have a clue about what's going on anyway so I imagine they won't want to draw attention to it.

I'm not expecting there to be much of anything exciting anyway. Far Cry is pretty tired and I can't see them reinvigorating it. The AC: Valhalla leaked gameplay didn't look very impressive even as someone who likes the last two (I know its old unpolished footage but even so). I don't expect to see Beyond Good and Evil and I've given up hope on Splinter Cell.

Watch Dogs Legion looks good but they've shown quite a lot of it already.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Ah yes, Assassin's Creed 12, Just Dance 22, Far Cry 9, Watch Dogs 3, and updates to their countless GaaS titles.
Cant wait.
Ubi conferences are always a mix of snoozefest and cringe moments.

Deleted member 20429

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mmmm can we not talk about the other stuff in here...just a suggestion,there's plenty of posts about the allegations and all elsewhere here...

The people who this effects don't get to hide away and pretend it doesn't happen. We should be shining a critical eye on what shitty companies like this are doing.

And if it makes you uncomfortable, then you need to reflect why. Enjoying media isn't worth human suffering.