• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I am tripping off the fact you can actually follow NPCs through their daily schedule. Every new thing I hear of this game blows my mind even more.

And I really like how you can actually use the self-driving feature in the cars now. Every vehicle is a taxi now.

Still of the full map

Bishop

Nov 1, 2017
m0vhvemkxz331.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just finished watching that 30 minute gameplay demo. This is easily the game I'm most excited to get my hands on in 2020. The hook they showed off in the presentation was great but I had my doubts. Watching this demo however has me onboard 100%. The fact that you have to intervene in the lives of potential recruits by doing 'x' or 'y' for them in order to convince them to join your cause has me unbelievably excited. Not to mention they all have their own lives that they live day by day. I LIVE for this the level of simulation, it is simply unprecedented on this scale. Can't wait.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit!

In an E3 demo, as I silently worked my way through an enemy complex, I realized that I could scan the bodies of the enemies I was knocking out. Along with information on who they are and what they like to do, you learn that these injured guards are taken to the hospital.

I asked the Ubisoft employee who was walking me through the demo if I could visit them at the hospital or find out where they went next. He said "yes." So rather than moving on to a story mission, I decided to put a way point on the hospital where these guards were taken. The game makes this super easy too, as you can place a way point on any character you've scanned.

After a short drive, I arrived at the hospital, but couldn't go inside. I instead had to hack a drone to find an external computer terminal I could interact with. To reach it I had to climb a pipe onto the roof. With a touch of a button, I was able to view all various hospital records for patients, including those of the guards I injured. I was then given the option to help or euthanize them. I chose the latter. After ending their lives, their bios on my phone were updated with red text that outlined my murderous deed.

"That's one way to play it," the Ubisoft employee said sarcastically. I told him that I just wanted to see if I could do it, and as it turns out, you can. You can go well out of your way to finish off enemies or just be plain evil. That kind of choice is pretty damn cool.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Almost looks like the took the AC Syndicate London map for a start and then added a nice chunk to the south.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Small, but that means it should good have open world pacing.
Small? How is that map small? It looks massive

Also looks it absolutely dwarfs WD2

I am tripping off the fact you can actually follow NPCs through their daily schedule. Every new thing I hear of this game blows my mind even more.

And I really like how you can actually use the self-driving feature in the cars now. Every vehicle is a taxi now.
Any part in the new footage show them following an NPC's schedule?

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
So I can't help but think that while you "can" play as anyone, there will be intended (sets of) targets that are the only truly viable options. Or do you think you can just choose a random unskilled barber, lawyer, and cook and still be successful?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Small? How is that map small? It looks massive

Also looks it absolutely dwarfs WD2

Any part in the new footage show them following an NPC's schedule?
In the newest stream footage you see the blue-haired guy they end up recruiting is scheduled to go on a date. When they get out of the menu and follow him he and his date had walked off to the date location.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't gotten a chance to watch the video but do they speak on the story at all? Like what the story actually consists of since you'll be constantly switching characters just curious as to how that will work.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much of the game can be played with a non-violent hacking/stealth character like a Granny. After the giant police-slaughtering gunfights felt so out of place in WD2, and especially with the London setting for WD3, I really thought they were going to go much lighter on guns this time around, but the stage show demo had just as much blazing as ever.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you can stealth suplex people in this game? Now there's a strong GotY argument if I've ever seen one.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of the game can be played with a non-violent hacking/stealth character like a Granny. After the giant police-slaughtering gunfights felt so out of place in WD2, and especially with the London setting for WD3, I really thought they were going to go much lighter on guns this time around, but the stage show demo had just as much blazing as ever.
The gun slaughtering felt out of place in WD2 because of how the characters were portrayed and how often absurd and silly their missions were. Being able to mow down enemies or assassinate people with gang hits/SWAT teams clashed with that tone

Being an underground resistance fighting high-tech cops and gangs in a cyberpunk-y dystopian future makes the shooting feel more apt. Also the different character types and recruiting mechanics ideally should make lethal and non-lethal tactics feel equally valid, compared to it feeling extremely dissonant that these nerdy youths have an entire arsenal of guns to kill with

hqqttjiang

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
All the body types are the same for change cloth?No tall ,short,fat,thin difference?just male and female??

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game's looking good. I do wonder how deep the different characters' personal storylines will be. I'm guessing there needs to be a certain amoun of modularity or automation there?
Got too many tabs open and I was like "cool, some animated 2077 clips, seems like you can mod V pretty wel...wait Big Ben?
Haha, that's Night City's Little Britain :p.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
As a fan of WD2 I'm not sure if I'm going to like this game. The world and the features they are adding seem very well done. Custimaztion and world details seem great. The problem I have is that everything about this game feels like it is moving more away from characters and story and more towards just multiplayer open world stuff. That's great for the people who like it, but I wish they'd kept the style of WD2.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
As a fan of WD2 I'm not sure if I'm going to like this game. The world and the features they are adding seem very well done. Custimaztion and world details seem great. The problem I have is that everything about this game feels like it is moving more away from characters and story and more towards just multiplayer open world stuff. That's great for the people who like it, but I wish they'd kept the style of WD2.
The game has five different main storylines.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I like their explanation for going invisible. For once (Looking at you odyssey)

In the future everyone has neuro chips, so it's a hack so they cannot see you for a short while.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish it didn't include so many futuristic elements but the game is looking solid. I skipped 2 but probably will give this one a try.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
This game was the highlight of this year's E3 imo, and to already have more gameplay footage up sweetens that. Their 'Play as Anyone' feature sounds like Shadow of Mordor's 'Nemesis' system on steroids, and that has completely sold me on this game already. I'll be all in on it even if the end result turns out to be red hot trash.

I loved WD2 and the shenanigans you could get up to with their pedestrian NPCs. The idea that all those pedestrians could now become the stars of the show is having my brain run wild with all the ways I could set up DedSec's London roster: One playthrough with only seniors! One with only Jamaican hackers! One with only murderers and human traffickers? Maybe even one with all those people combined...

Part of the fun will also involve seeing how far we can push that game-defining feature to its limits. I'm already seeing a few seams in the system through these past gameplay vids; wonder just how many of them will we be counting in the final product.

Edit: lmao at the white guy with blue hair, face tat and tattooed eyes having the thick Jamaican accent

The in-game bio listed that character as being born from the British Virgin Islands. Betting they're gonna give any other guy born in the Caribbean that same voicework.

THIS GAME HAS SUPLEXES!!!

Dude was pulling off Goldberg-style chokeslams and running dropkicks to boot. I'd go as far to say whoever mo-capped/animated those moves pulled it off better than some actual pro wrestlers.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just really surprised by how much this game is interesting me. Good work, Ubisoft crew!

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Oh dear.

Wellp, my interest in this game lasted about 2 days.

They lost me as soon as they broke stealth with the grandma and it immediately started giving me flashbacks of every open world Ubisoft game I've ever played. I've essentially played this game already, at least three times.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something so painfully ordinary about it.

The recruit anyone thing combined with character perma-death still seems neat. Give me a reason to try and keep my player characters alive, kinda like wanting to keep my XCOM soldiers alive. But it seems like you can completely avoid that by just surrendering and having them go to jail for a bit?

I 'unno, maybe I'll pull a copy out of a bargain bin one day.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Clint Hocking, folks. That's the reason to get excited. This is the Far Cry 2 sequel I've been waiting years for.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
How do enemy levels work? Are they tied to region difficulty? Surely health bars can be turned off.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

Honestly, I had a game idea (probably inspired by Watch_Dogs) where you are a hitman who's given random hits for NPCs. You have to scout their daily schedule, figure out when they're alone or not, and plan a perfect hit. Fucking up a hit can result in getting killed or arrested if you're not good, and that hitman who's arrested is given life in prison aka Permadeath.

This game is coming real close to that idea of mine.

Oct 27, 2017
No Brixton or Peckham?
I'm not sure. The map isn't 100% to scale so maybe they might have squeezed Bricky in, but from what can see I think Peckham might be a little bit below what they have on the map.

Hopefully they do have them, but if they don't I wouldn't mind seeing some additional areas in DLC. I would have loved to see Clapham Junction & Battersea Park in there, some Canary Wharf, maybe even some of Greenwich & the O2 (they could repurpose that as well and do some cool things with it). Greenwich Park always did have a really nice view of the city.

Last edited: