• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
The most curious I am about it is the name. Because it seems like every leak was wrong and Kingdom is the working title.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I know, but let me dream.
Maybe they made two of them :)
Oh sure, dream away :) - I'm mostly just posting for the sake of anyone who hasn't seen the Viking rumours.

That's certainly true, but I usually would expect these kind of things to come later in the day, prime time evening/night for Europe. It's probably nothing tbh, it just sticks out as a bit of weirdness to me.
I think we'll see more of this kind of timing in future for any companies that want to start appealing more to China. This time is convenient for most of the world and even for the places where it's not convenient, they'll be waking up while the news is still relatively fresh.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
This is not related to Assassin's Creed. They wouldn't announce it like that.

Mar 23, 2018
Are you aware that when a game is revealed all the regional branches gear up to reveal the game in their own language? lol

No need to be condescending, I was simply why specifically Ubi China. Is AC huge there or something? Have we heard from any of the other regions outside of Ubi China for this 5AM reveal?

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Oh cool, fingers crossed for an announcement of a full game, not some mobile stuff. I wonder what setting it will be. Rumors about vikings were conflicting.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm super confused by the timing of this today - 8pm China time would be 1pm in the UK. But Sacriel said " Gonna be co-streaming a new game announcement at 8pm UK time (3pm ET)" which would be 7 hours after whatever the China announcement is.

jabel

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I'm super confused by the timing of this today - 8pm China time would be 1pm in the UK. But Sacriel said " Gonna be co-streaming a new game announcement at 8pm UK time (3pm ET)" which would be 7 hours after whatever the China announcement is.
This is also confusing me. Maybe some aftershow event with gameplay from content creators?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Please be less bloated than Odyssey

yes......this would be nice......Odyssey was just way too big....especially after getting burned out prior with Origins. They are fantastic games......but i can only do so much ubibloat until i get burned

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hopefully it's a lot different from GoW, but with the rumored supernatural bullshit I guess not, we gonna fight Thor's sons again yay.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I'm so unbelievably down for a Viking themed AC, preferably a launch title for next gen so I can proper sink into it

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
This is not related to Assassin's Creed. They wouldn't announce it like that.
Somewhat different context because it was already leaked, but they announced Odyssey in a Tweet with a 4-second GIF.

Man I wish we'd get a full AC set in China one day.
It was on the last survey Ubisoft did of potential settings for future AC games. I think it's inevitable at some point.

Oh cool, fingers crossed for an announcement of a full game, not some mobile stuff. I wonder what setting it will be. Rumors about vikings were conflicting.
The only reason rumours about Vikings were conflicting was that there were several fake "leaks". I don't think there's been a single credible suggestion that the game would have anything other than a Viking setting.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Sacriel (huge Twitch streamer) just tweeted he will be co-hosting a new Ubisoft game announcement as well at 8pm UK time.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
please include a bit of Finland. let me free the Castle of Turku from germanic invaders!

would be amazing to walk around in a building i used to work summers at. they could include the crazy old painting of the devil taking a literal dump on sinners. i used to stare at it and think who the hell painted this wackiness all those hundreds of years ago.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in the mood for another AC. I really loved Odyssey and hope this captures the same spirit, though of course improving on its flaws.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Whatever happened to Gods and Monsters? It was initially ging to be released in February, then it got delayed and we haven't even seen a screenshot of it

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
This is also confusing me. Maybe some aftershow event with gameplay from content creators?
I wonder if we'll get a 1pm tease for a reveal later in the same day or similar? Meaning at 1pm UK is a tease for a larger teaser/trailer at 8pm UK time. Either that or the China time of 8pm is incorrect and it's actually UK time of 8pm when the announcement is happening.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The only reason rumours about Vikings were conflicting was that there were several fake "leaks". I don't think there's been a single credible suggestion that the game would have anything other than a Viking setting.

Yeah, Schreier wrote about the related teaser in The Division 2 roughly a year ago and mentioned it confirmed what he'd been hearing:

An unusual teaser in Ubisoft's loot shooter The Division 2, highlighted weeks after the game's release, reveals that the next Assassin's Creed game is all about Vikings. Kotaku can independently confirm the same.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
please include a bit of Finland. let me free the Castle of Turku from germanic invaders!

would be amazing to walk around in a building i used to work summers at. they could include the crazy old painting of the devil taking a literal dump on sinners. i used to stare at it and think who the hell painted this wackiness all those hundreds of years ago.

lol do you have a name or a link to that painting? I'm curious now.

Yeah the only thing that actually could make me excited at this point for a vikings ass creed is the historical accuracy and tourism aspect of it, now that I think of it. But I don't know if there's much to do in this case versus bigger more modern cities like London was.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I'm betting on Beyond Good & Evil or some other game (I feel like other Ubisoft account than Ubisoft China would be teasing if it was something as huge as Assassin's Creed). But let's see.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Another bloated wannabe RPG game that has nothing to do with Assassins, can't wait!!

But seriously I miss the old Assassin's Creed...

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
yes......this would be nice......Odyssey was just way too big....especially after getting burned out prior with Origins. They are fantastic games......but i can only do so much ubibloat until i get burned
Likewise. Odyssey is beautiful and all but I can only take so much lol

I'll be there day 1 for Norse AC anyways haha

Hopefully it's bigger than Odyssey, that game wasn't enough for me even with the DLCs

You wild for that one 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.