• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I'd appreciate it more if he just came out and said he didn't care what the Saudis did because their money is good.

I mean that's what we all know is really going on it would be nice if they would just admit it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'd appreciate it more if he just came out and said he didn't care what the Saudis did because their money is good.

I mean that's what we all know is really going on it would be nice if they would just admit it.
Honestly, I'd be less pissed if they were this honest. Same with any company high on Chinese money, blocking or banning people pointing out the situation in Hong Kong. Just say you don't want to offend the Chinese comrades, and therefore will enforce their values.

Wouldn't mean I'd like any of these scumbags any better, but their lies and bullshit replies are just insulting at this point. Who are they even trying to convince here? Like, who will listen to a CEO casually comparing his company's mistakes to literal murder, and go "yeah, he's got a good point there"?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Come on people give the man a break!

I mean seriously, who amongst hasn't led a journalist to an embassy where you have diplomatic immunity, suffocated him with a bag over his head and then had his body dismembered with a bone saw by mistake? Boy, I can't count the number of times that's happened to me!

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
In the heat of the moment, one doesn't accidentally call a premeditated trap, capture, murder, and dismemberment of a journalist a forgivable mistake.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
6cf.gif

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Gee golly, I hate those common everyday accidents we all make, like getting a little piss on the toilet rim, or forgetting an ingredient in the cookie dough, or dismembering a journalist with a bonesaw.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I enter this situation 100% ready to say of course there will be some accidents, there will never be a perfectly safe, fatality-free car, etc., but when your CEO is like "of course we kill people, just like murderers! Murderers whom I completely forgive for their unrepented and consequence-free murders!", I kind of think your company is no longer responsible enough to test electric toothbrushes so much as fucking cars.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Uber suuuuuuucks

I know it's the only option around in many areas. But if you do have alternatives available, use them.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
The Public investment Fund of Saudi arabia ( so, the Prince, pretty much ) owns a fair share of uber, they need money, please understand.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've made mistakes too. Like that time I got my nephew Overwatch instead of Diablo. So I can also empathize with Saudi Arabia ordering a man to be cut into tiny little pieces. My nephew forgave me, so why can't the world just simply forgive Saudi Arabia for their little mistake?

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
It's really helpful when these batshit loonies out themselves so openly. No more Uber for me.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wow did he just admit that the guy that the driverless car hit was targeted for murder because he was saying bad things about Uber?

What's actually happening here is Uber guy is trying to soften up Saudi Arabia's image, likely because they have some pending or approved deal. Sickening

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017