• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
The debut album turned 40 as of yesterday. And i gotta say, maybe as a bit biased hardcore U2 fan that it is one of the best debut albums of all time. It is still fresh imo, has a lot of bangers like I will follow, Electric Co, Out of Control etc and more 'mysterious' stuff like the double An Cat Dubh - Into the heart.

Even if you aren't a U2 fan i recommend y'all to take a listen to this very post-punk album. It is fantastic.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, fantastic live video choices in the OP. I was just playing guitar alongside the Out of Control clip from Slane the other day.

The fact that they still play these songs and they have such incredible energy live is so damn cool. They've really polished them up over the years and are always high points in their live shows.

Electric Co. is one of Edge's most vital guitar tracks. That's where he really unlocked what is possible with delay and it obviously got even better from there.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
its an OK debut. Out Of Control is the best track. It wasnt until War that they really hit their stride.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
It's a great fucking new wave-punk album. Out of Control and Into the Heart are so good.

It's surely not their best 80s record, but nonetheless a beatiful piece of music.

EDIT: I saw them twice live in Italy and in 2015 they played I will follow and Out of Control in Turin. Man, those tracks are such bangers in live shows.

OP
OP
Martinski

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
It's a great fucking new wave-punk album. Out of Control and Into the Heart are so good.

It's surely not their best 80s record, but nonetheless a beatiful piece of music.

EDIT: I saw them twice live in Italy and in 2015 they played I will follow and Out of Control in Turin. Man, those tracks are such bangers in live shows.

Depending on the mood it is either TuF or TJT that's my favorite of the 80's albums.

OP
OP
Martinski

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Achtung Baby and Zooropa are basically the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask of pop rock music.

I don't really rate Pop, but Zooropa is, in my eyes, their best album. With Achtung Baby a very close second.

Speaking of Zooropa this live version of Dirty Day is amazing. Wish i was there to see it, was only able to see the Copenhagen gigs where they played TuF, Stay, Who's going to ride your wild horses n such. Was f'n magical gig.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Speaking of Zooropa this live version of Dirty Day is amazing. Wish i was there to see it, was only able to see the Copenhagen gigs where they played TuF, Stay, Who's going to ride your wild horses n such. Was f'n magical gig.

Yep, that's a great live version. Anything from the electro-90's phase is very good during live shows. I had the chance to witness Ultraviolet live and it blew my mind.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I Will Follow, Out of Control, Electric Co., Into the Heart are all really great songs.
Not sure I heard them on album before though, these I know mostly from several U2 Live DVDs from the 2000s.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Boy is good. Not my favorite album of theirs but it's incredibly raw sounding compared to their more modern fare.

And I'll second the love for AB, Zooropa, Pop trilogy as my favorite era. Followed by War, UF, and JTree.

Sulla

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the post, OP. I was just playing the album yesterday to mark the occasion.

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
I would love for them to resurrect A Day Without Me live but probably unikely.

Hopefully in the next tour, they debut live a classic like they did with Acrobat in 2018.

When I Look at the World maybe?