• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 31, 2017
Just disgusting.

First, without rape and incest I am certain the human species would still propagate. Secondly, just because these things happened in the past how can you justify them in the present? Yes there is historical truth to this, but what does it matter?

Again, just vile.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Bruhs without rape and incest many of us wouldn't be alive today!!!

Think about it

I don't know if there's a full clip of what he said, but I'm trying to think of all the things he could say to come back from that as as a follow up

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Like he's not wrong in theory, I think a majority of sex throughout human history has probably been rape. Women have been treated as objects for a long, long time.

He's obviously a cunt trying to make a bad faith appeal to nature, though.

He's still wrong. Humanity would still exist.

His hideously dumb views are probably informed by biblical literacy.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Man, how much of an ego do you have to have to be able to say "All that suffering that other people experienced was worth it, because now I exist!"

Nov 1, 2017
Man, how much of an ego do you have to have to be able to say "All that suffering that other people experienced was worth it, because now I exist!"
Legit had a teacher respond with that telling another kid their parents wouldn't have met and had them when they questioned why Columbus had a holiday if he purposefully hurt so many people.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I always think of this when these conservative old men talk about controlling women's rights...
10162012001412iwsmt.jpeg

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Steve King is requesting an apology from the media now for paraphrasing his quote:

"They know the [Associated Press] has retracted the quote they initially used because they relied on the Des Moines Register, who did the same," King said. "When we have a national, viral attack that comes down on a misquote and it's absolutely proven, all of those who did that attack owe me an apology, including my own leadership. I don't expect that's going to happen because egos are a little too strong in this business."

According to the AP, "In a story Aug. 14 about Rep. Steve King's comments on banning abortion, The Associated Press, relying on a story by The Des Moines Register, inaccurately quoted King as saying, 'It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother.' Referring to House support for ban on abortions, King actually said, 'I've got 174 people who say they don't want exceptions for rape and incest because they understand it is not the baby's fault, to abort the baby, because of the sin of the father, and maybe sometimes the sin of the mother too.'"

I think this man might actually be attempting to gaslight the press along with the rest of his comstiuents.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm baffled that a party like this is in power in a modern nation like the US, and in 2019 no less. What on earth?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like he's not wrong in theory, I think a majority of sex throughout human history has probably been rape. Women have been treated as objects for a long, long time.

If there were no rape people would still have sex and procreate and love their partners and get married and shit - and there have been laws against rape in hundreds of cultures for ten thousand years so it's not like Steve King just figured something out.

Deleted member 33412

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Tokyo
If there were no rape people would still have sex and procreate and love their partners and get married and shit - and there have been laws against rape in hundreds of cultures for ten thousand years so it's not like Steve King just figured something out.
That's not what he is saying. He is saying all of us are the product of rape and incest which is true. It's a useless and insensitive assertion, but it's true. I'm commenting on just the quote in the OP btw.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

That's not what he is saying. He is saying all of us are the product of rape and incest which is true. It's a useless and insensitive assertion, but it's true. I'm commenting on just the quote in the OP btw.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

never been more apt than now, jfc

Don't base your perception of human history on GoT or whatever pls. It's not healthy.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Fuck Steve King and his justification of rape and incest! And holy shit at the image of quotes from Republicans!

What kind of timeline are we living at here?!

In the words of Joseph Joestar: "Oh God!"

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
cool that US politicians these days regularly make headlines with statements that sound like thread titles from someone trying to account-suicide

Oct 27, 2017
Its not fucking true though, lol. What are you on?

IKR, some people seriously believe that women throughout human existence haven't known how to stop an unwanted pregnancy.

People seem to be focused on King's stupid comment, rather than the implications of his beliefs. No exceptions for rape or incest simply means that people who hold that belief are ok with letting rapists choose the mother of their children.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some moron made the news here because his family enslaved LeBron James' ancestors and he was giving his family credit for LeBron's genetics (some male slaves were ordered to rape enslaved women to produce bigger/stronger offspring).

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I think a flagrantly offensive sex crime related statement like this should give police probable cause to search one's computers and phone. If minorities merely walking the sidewalk have no 4th Amendment rights, I'm ok with relaxing it for statements like this.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
To be honest, I think a flagrantly offensive sex crime related statement like this should give police probable cause to search one's computers and phone. If minorities merely walking the sidewalk have no 4th Amendment rights, I'm ok with relaxing it for statements like this.
Fucl that lol then they'd search us black ppl just for looking in their directions........oh nvm

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

"All" is certifiably not fucking true, luv

IKR, some people seriously believe that women throughout human existence haven't known how to stop an unwanted pregnancy.

People seem to be focused on King's stupid comment, rather than the implications of his beliefs. No exceptions for rape or incest simply means that people who hold that belief are ok with letting rapists choose the mother of their children.
Yep. They might as well just admit that rapists get to choose the age of their mother too. After Roy Moore, the Dugger's, etc. it's become overwhelming clear that women of any age are fucking despised by fundamentalist monsters. Straight up the daughters and sons of the kind of people who vomit out and lap up this bullshit are not safe with their parents at all. If their own girl gets preyed on by an abuser/rapist, particularly by a male in their own community, she's a blemish first and a victim of violence dead last.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There just isn't a fucking bottom for Republicans and their voters. Four years ago I would have taken a bullet for Bernie Sanders but if he said the same shit Steve King said he'd never get a vote from me.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Setting aside the obvious abhorrent commentary from a racist POS, isn't he technically true for all practicing Christians at least who believe in that whole Adam and Eve malarkey?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Setting aside the obvious abhorrent commentary from a racist POS, isn't he technically true for all practicing Christians at least who believe in that whole Adam and Eve malarkey?
Most Christians don't actually believe Adam and Eve spawned every human being because that wouldn't make any Goddam sense.