• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is awful and disgusting, glad to see that Rep. Tlaib is speaking out against these types of notes that are being left, could be great if more Democrats would do so:

D2nu_MgX4AAy5GK.jpg:large

@RashidaTlaib
https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1110681559944908801

This is the hateful rhetoric & bullying on my door today. Stop the fear mongering & blantant lies. Come here w/ the value that all beings deserve human rights, including Palestinians. @IlhanMN & I fight for equality & justice for all. There's nothing antisemitic about that!

The Hill article: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/435972-tlaib-shares-hateful-bullying-note-left-on-office-door

03/26/19

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), one of a group of outspoken progressives among the Democratic freshman class, shared a post-it note place outside her office addressed to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), accusing her of anti-Semitism.

"This is the hateful rhetoric & bullying on my door today. Stop the fear mongering & [blatant] lies. Come here w/ the value that all beings deserve human rights, including Palestinians. @IlhanMN & I fight for equality & justice for all. There's nothing antisemitic about that!" Tlaib, the first Palestinian-American member of Congress, tweeted Tuesday.

The post-it appeared to be in response to controversial comments Omar made about the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a pro-Israel lobbying group, that some have criticized as anti-Semitic.

"Stop your disgusting Jew hatred. Your sign says 'Justice for all.' That means Jews too. Your Jihad against the Jews will fail. Am Yisrael Chai!" the post-it read, referring to a Jewish song title that translates to "The people of Israel live."

Omar has been at the center of a political firestorm over comments she made regarding the influence of AIPAC. She sparked controversy when she said support for Israel is "all about the Benjamins" and suggested groups like AIPAC push for "allegiance" to a foreign country.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would someone write a note to Omar and then put it on Tlaib's door? Just gotta cover all the bases and try to intimidate both Muslim Congresswomen at the same time?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I mean AIPAC was basically the Shit On Omar conference featuring both parties. This bad faith smear campaign is going to put her in danger.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
This is insane. What happened to "do good things" and "do unto others"? I don't understand the hatred. There is so much of it. Fuck man.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
She gets a large chunk of it that's for sure.
Any one who took part in it too, all of the republicans, the large majority of dems, the media that piled on her and all thise with a platform that dumped on her.
The US is rampant with islamaphobia but they never cared, and piled on her to protect special interests.

Fuck the Dems for everytime they pretend to care about bigotry, this whole charade proves they never did.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
That Dems were so naive as to not see this is what Republicans were up to against Omar and would then be using it to smear the rest of the Dems is just so infuriating

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The thread title made me think it was scare quotes rather than actual quotes around "hateful" and "bullying".

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
AIPAC is seriously disgusting. If you take out any mention of the word Jew it's no different from a Klan rally with how much Islamophobia was casually thrown about.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It will keep happening if your own bosses throw you under the bus in public by equating you with an actual bigot

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
The fascists are using their fake concerns for anti-Semitism as a way to further dehumanize Muslims and other critics of Israel.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): antagonizing other members across multiple threads
has anyone from PoliEra redressed in the slightest for shamelessly joining in when Omar's "controversies" first sprung up? i'm guessing no but i'd gladly be wrong

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): antagonizing other members across multiple threads
WTF?!?! Why the hell has the Democratic Party not reject AIPAC completely???
The Benjamins.
has anyone from PoliEra redressed in the slightest for shamelessly joining in when Omar's "controversies" first sprung up? i'm guessing no but i'd gladly be wrong
Most of them are party bootlickers who will completely disregard everything that's happened if someone like Harris or Biden wins the primary and will throw around "let's not cannibalize the left".
Many are also huge fucking hypocrites who love to talk a lot about diversity, but don't hesitate to throw someone like Omar under the bus.
They were also huge Comey, Mueller and Avenatti worshippers. And many still love Pelosi.

Just scroll through the AIPAC feed, they've been meeting with pretty much every politician, and you tell me Israel has no influence on our elections and policy?
https://twitter.com/AIPAC?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
They make Russia look like child's play.

Last edited:

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
When leftists say that Democrats are pretty much bootlickers of the status quo and pathetic defenders of the "political left" space in the U.S., moments like this make me believe them 100%>

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I feel they should have held off on sharing this until an investigation was conducted.

Would have been more impactful if there was a name/face that could be associated with the letter.

Otherwise many will claim it's fake, what with all the drama surrounding Mueller and Smollett.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean Schumer really is a giant piece of shit because you can tell he really isn't doing it out of any greed and he truly believes in the bullshit he's spouting by praising Trump for encouraging the capital to move to Jerusalem to really stick it to the Palestinians who were ethnically cleansed in an illegal occupation of East Jerusalem. Stand up guy.

And this is the "good party's" senior senate leader. Real good look there.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
The Benjamins.

Most of them are party bootlickers who will completely disregard everything that's happened if someone like Harris or Biden wins the primary and will throw around "let's not cannibalize the left".
Many are also huge fucking hypocrites who love to talk a lot about diversity, but don't hesitate to throw someone like Omar under the bus.
They were also huge Comey, Mueller and Avenatti worshippers. And many still love Pelosi.

Just scroll through the AIPAC feed, they've been meeting with pretty much every politician, and you tell me Israel has no influence on our elections and policy?
hul

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I feel they should have held off on sharing this until an investigation was conducted.

Would have been more impactful if there was a name/face that could be associated with the letter.

Otherwise many will claim it's fake, what with all the drama surrounding Mueller and Smollett.
Uh oh, better make sure not to provoke islamophobes into attacking her by delaying the report for no reason where they would just attack her anyway.

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
What does the last sentence say? Am yisrael chair? I'm guessing it's Amy Israel chair? What does that mean?

EDIT: Never mind. It says it in the article:

Am Yisrael Chai!" the post-it read, referring to a Jewish song title that translates to "The people of Israel live."

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Benjamins.

I remember one or two posters there who got legitimately toxic towards her.
That was eye-opening.

Deleted member 51266

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
User Banned (2 weeks): antagonizing other members
The Benjamins.

The same idiots will be democracy's own undoing. It makes my blood boil.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): antagonizing other members across multiple threads, a history of similar behavior
You know they won't. But they'll definitely defend Chelsea Clinton

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I think it's time for another Martin Luther King speaker to appear. But this time, all minorities and white people who support the cause start boycotting key USA industries to make a point. Hurt the wallet of key billionaires and watch how key protection laws get put in against racism.

Oct 31, 2017
Kept scrolling for this, was not disappointed.

Bullshit like this is why I'll never register as a democrat. Blatant Islamophobia disguised as protecting the Jewish community, what a fucking joke.

The guise isn't even "protecting the Jewish community" though, it's a whole 'nother country that deserves no protection for their crimes against humanity.

All these Democrats playing ball with an apartheid state have to go

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
These bans are wierd.

$$$

Sorry for the 'antisemitism.'
This is the ban that puzzles me the most.

If this type of ironic posts is bannable, half of Era would be banned (This is excluding the Avengers thread shenanigans)
If this ban is related to alleged antisemitism, then holy shit mods,I have no words for you.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
It will keep happening if your own bosses throw you under the bus in public by equating you with an actual bigot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The tortured equivocation of these two completely different fucking things is so obvious even in the basic rhetoric of the claim:

ARMED NAZIS MUST BE OPPOSED

CAREFUL CONSIDERATION OF THE INFLUENCE OF MONEY IN FOREIGN POLICY IS JUST AS DANGEROUS

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
These bans are wierd.

This is the ban that puzzles me the most.

If this type of ironic posts is bannable, half of Era would be banned (This is excluding the Avengers thread shenanigans)
If this ban is related to alleged antisemitism, then holy shit mods,I have no words for you.
I fully agree. If posts like this were bannable, blamespace, fat4all, hell even bronson would have been banned long ago. This ban makes zero sense. The other bans are also questionable, but this one takes the cake.