• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
Do their voters get shamed by this?
Sometimes. The most hardcore MAGA fans are never changing their mind, but the average republican voter either wants gay marriage to be legal and is shocked by the hypocrisy (similar to the article posted above about contraceptives), or wants gay marriage to be illegal and is also shocked by the hypocrisy.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Can we stop doing "pointing out hypocrisy" stories? They know. They don't care. They are amoral monsters who only superficially resemble human beings and we don't gain anything from trying to pull a gotcha on them.
This. 1000% this

They don't adhere to our values regarding moral and intellectual consistency. In their minds, they have the right to do whatever they want by virtue of who they are (American, white, male, Christian, whatever). Everyone else can burn for all they care

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm digging at the bottom of my purse for sympathy for the groom...and I'm fresh out.

That boy knows exactly the man his daddy is, and invited him anyway. Says a lot!

Couldn't be me.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I do think we're reaching a point, with the fall of Roe, the rise of fugitive pregnancy legislation, and the *shocking* pivot towards overturning Obergefell and banning contraceptives, that White America has to finally acknowledge that voting for Republicans is more than just low taxes.

Kind of glad that some of this shit (along with the J6th hearings) is piercing the Fox News/Facebook bubble.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Rules for thee, but not for me! The rich and powerful don't have to live by the rules they set forth for the peasants.

It always has been, and always will be this way. They will always have each others backs.

Let's hope these stories continue to get out, that eventually their soulless, bullshit answers become transparent enough that some voters will have a change of mind and they'll be voted out.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
It says more about the son than his father. We already know the father's motivation...he wants to keep his job and he thinks voting the way he does accomplishes that. The son must really be low on self-respect if he allowed his father within 10 miles of his wedding.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
It says more about the son than his father. We already know the father's motivation...he wants to keep his job and he thinks voting the way he does accomplishes that. The son must really be low on self-respect if he allowed his father within 10 miles of his wedding.

There are rich people who belong to various minorities who think that their class and wealth privilege will protect them forever even in an openly bigoted society, so they don't see an issue in supporting politicians who oppose their identities. They think it will just not apply to them.

Dec 30, 2020
"I would like to raise a glass in toast to this abomination before the face of the god who pays my wages..."

I mean I never used to think there was something worse than a drunk best man speech but... being toasted by a slime ball relative who just voted to make your very existence illegal? Fuck that guy.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Rules for thee, but not for me! The rich and powerful don't have to live by the rules they set forth for the peasants.
Exactly, majority of politicians do what gains them a political advantage and political interests, and it's not something they even have to believe or agree with. They're immoral. And that's the case the world over, I see it in Europe too, I think maybe its just in the U.S it seems more prevalent as a lot of politicians are not as easily held accountable by the public

In Germany, the leader of the far-right, Alice Weidel, is a gay woman married to you guessed it, a Sri-Lankan woman, and she opposes same sex marriage to top it off

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Can we stop doing "pointing out hypocrisy" stories? They know. They don't care. They are amoral monsters who only superficially resemble human beings and we don't gain anything from trying to pull a gotcha on them.

I agree.

I mean keep doing the stories, sure, but nobody should be surprised about this anymore, and definitely shouldn't be using "hypocrisy" tactics against these people as if it matters.

The vote happened just a few days before the marriage so it's possible that he decided to hold his tongue for a bit so his ceremony wouldn't be ruined. But yeah, if he never decides to bring the issue up with his dad, then oof.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
There are rich people who belong to various minorities who think that their class and wealth privilege will protect them forever even in an openly bigoted society, so they don't see an issue in supporting politicians who oppose their identities. They think it will just not apply to them.
The thing is, even if it doesn't, the people who are rich can just pack up and go to another country if they want. They really can escape consequences if they have an eye out. The rest? Not their problem is the thinking

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this makes the son look bad more than anything. He may delude himself to not believe this, but in reality it show how lowly he thinks of his own marriage that it doesn't deserve protection from being taken away.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
And what gains, praytell, would we get from just never reporting on their bullshit? Advocating to ignore it is effectively saying "eh, let's help them avoid bad optics."

The problem isn't that the left reports on this stuff, it's that the next story comes and the last one is filed and forgot. Nobody cared much about any of conservatives' pet issues when they first broke, they get their balls rolling by sheer tenacity of shoving it in their viewers' faces, day after day after day. The left could do wonders if they gave a goddamn fraction of the sustained coverage to any issues that are actually worth hammering on that the right has devoted to utter horseshit like Hunter Biden's Fantabulous Laptop O' Conspiracy.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
These people are such fucking scum.

Son should have banned his shitlord father from the event.

What makes you think his son isn't a shitlord?

That's just dumb. For one thing there are still, sadly, centrist idiots that these types of stories can impact. Beyond that, a lot of Democrats actually would want to know if someone they might vote for is a massive hypocrite so how would that work out? Democrats get stories written about them but Republicans can be as hypocritical as possible? Or do you think journalists across the country should just stop writing about political hypocrisy in general?

The solution is for you to just not read or respond to things like this.