• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Baltimore Sun has reported that U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings, a key person involved with the Trump impeachment probe has not returned to the U.S House yet after an unknown medical procedure and his current condition is unknown as also exactly when he is supposed to return, Speaker Pelosi's office didn't respond for comment. The Baltimore Sun has reported that Cummings have missed multiple roll call votes since September 11th:

OCT 16, 2019

U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings of Baltimore, a key figure in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, did not return to his office as expected this week following a medical procedure.

The chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee had said in a Sept. 30 statement that his doctors anticipated his return to Washington "when the House comes back into session in two weeks" and that he remained in "constant communication" with his staff and congressional colleagues.

But Cummings, a Democrat, missed two roll call votes on Tuesday, the first day back following the recess. His office declined to comment on Wednesday about his condition or when he is expected to return.

Cummings, 68, has not participated in a roll call vote since Sept. 11.

On Sept. 19, he missed a committee hearing on statehood for the District of Columbia, saying in a statement that "doctors expect me to be back in the office in a week or so." The timetable for his return was then pushed back.

Neither Cummings nor his staff have disclosed what sort of medical procedure he had.

His office has continued to introduce legislation and conduct other business while he is away from Capitol Hill, and the committee has issued statements from him.

Aides to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did not immediately reply to a question about Cummings' absence.

Oversight and Reform is among three committees leading the impeachment inquiry of Trump, a Republican.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn.... Cummings is a treasure. Hope he's ok.

Same here, Rep. Cummings is my House Representative. I've been very pleased with his work in the U.S. House and was very happy to have voted for him to remain in the U.S House in the recent mid-term election and very happy that he was chosen to be Chair of the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cummings was only 68? I thought he was on the older side. Really hope it's nothing too serious.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Hope he's okay. Why can't McConnell and Trump have health problems instead.

tumblro19r41z3xw1v4gkhro7500gif.gif

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope hes okay. It's interesting he hasnt shown since he seems to be active on twitter. Could be his team tweeting for him though...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
His office has continued to introduce legislation and conduct other business while he is away from Capitol Hill, and the committee has issued statements from him.
He's been signing off on some docs; seems like he's working from home while he recovers.

He'll be alright, but I hope he takes it easy.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a super brief announcement on the channel then dipped to commercial real quick. There's a headline at the top of the CNN web page with no link so I reckon they're trying to gather details for a real report

but it seems like that medical procedure did not have a good outcome

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people who have stuff to say against trump mysteriously fall ill or down stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.