• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
If only there was something the US could do to stop armed attacks by maniac individuals. Something other than expressing hypocritical concerns about a comic book movie, that is.

Jan 10, 2018
you said yourself the film makers of this movie should be criticized for making this movie the way it was made, so that future film makers see an example of what not to do and self regulate so as to not trigger nutjobs. That (making sure future folks don't make films that trigger nutjobs) is not censorship ?

I can make a movie dedicated to teaching people why persons with the username OtherWorldly deserve nothing but the worst, but I can also not do so.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
American culture has reached it's zenith with this headline.

The good news is that the authorities are taking these deranged and disaffected people in that congregate in the dark corners of the Internet seriously

Last edited:
Discussion Guidelines

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Though the movie Joker is not yet out, there are reviews that have praised the movie and reviews expressing concerns about how it might inspire audiences. No matter what your opinion is at this time, do not make inflammatory accusations against other members, and do not dismiss polite concerns from other members. We will moderate as strictly as necessary to keep the peace.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
you said yourself the film makers of this movie should be criticized for making this movie the way it was made, so that future film makers see an example of what not to do and self regulate so as to not trigger nutjobs. That (making sure future folks don't make films that trigger nutjobs) is not censorship ?
Me saying they should be criticized is not the same as me saying they should be censored. This movie is inappropriate given the current climate of gun violence and mass shootings in america. So in my opinion it absolutely should be called out and criticized for that.

What the movie industry decides to do with that justified criticism is their own business. That's out of my hands.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Weirdly, this movie will be widely shown in other countries, but there isn't the same danger of violence.

Why is that?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
No, but I doubt a piece of fiction has the power to provoque that kind of behaviour. Deranged people will do it anyways.

This particular piece of fiction features an Incel symbol.

You don't think a movie about say, Donald Trump being a hero by killing minorities could be dangerous seeing how he's a symbol for many crazies?

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You don't think a movie about say, Donald Trump being a hero by killing minorities could be dangerous seeing how he's a symbol for many crazies?
Absolutely not. People like that don't need "inspirations" they're just crazy.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017

How is a movie about Donald Trump killing minorities at all similar to Joker? Good god.

The incels make symbols out of a lot of content and joker has been established for decades as a terrorist villain.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Where's all this stuff coming from about Joker being an incel symbol? Is there a good resource for reading up on incels? I still barely get what they even are, seems like a catch all term for disillusioned white Americans with easy access to guns.

Oct 31, 2017
Some pyshcopath does a mass shooting at a cinema dressed up as a clown and Trump response will be lets blame the movie and not actual guns

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the movie is banned, is it? There are plenty of people who want to ban guns.
However, with the left beginning to pick up the narrative that media can cause this kind of violence, it legitimizes the right's talking points. I believe that is a far more dangerous long-term issue than this film, because it will allow them to steer the conversation way from the root of the problem: guns.

And honestly, Congress would pass media restrictions when it comes to violence decades before they pass comprehensive gun legislation.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Yeah I'm gonna stay away from this movie in theaters, especially in metro Denver

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
This is extremely disingenuous. But given how you have consistently been defending this movie regardless of what anyone has to say that's not really surprising.
What is disingenuous about it?

Asking people to actually watch a film before making statements about it is being disengenous?

I mean yeah, people are blindly fear mongering and making Definitive proclamations about a film they havent even seen. It's a little....disengenous. but you're one of the people on a crusade against the film so this isnt surprising.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Weirdly, this movie will be widely shown in other countries, but there isn't the same danger of violence.

Why is that?

We just had a Reddit loser kill 50+ people in mosques over here in the safe and cosy country of New Zealand.
I want to see the movie and even though it's strangely couched in this pop culture wrapper, I think it's important that art explores the psyche of dangerous people in their own time and trusts that an audience can take the obviously right message away without it being spoon fed...
but the internet indoctrinating lonely, impressionsble people is a danger all over.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is just sad, things never should have gotten to this point over a movie. I have to wonder what the FBI report said, it seems odd to release a statement like this but not provide any details.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No we didn't stop making up shit

Check out this thread THAT YOU POSTED IN containing the attack on Bret Hart (who has severe medical issues, and even that fall could have killed him had he not been cushioned).

The person in question repeatedly referenced Batman and the Joker and in one of his pictures prior to the attack he mimicked the 'stomach sucked in' pose of Joker from the trailer

So to you i'd say to ask for sources first before snapping

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What is disingenuous about it?

Asking people to actually watch a film before making statements about it is being disengenous?

I mean yeah, people are blindly fear mongering and making Definitive proclamations about a film they havent even seen. It's a little....disengenous. but you're one of the people on a crusade against the film so this isnt surprising.
No you asking specifically about chads and Stacy's is disingenuous because you know damn well that it's not about that, but you asked the question anyway knowing full well the answer.

That is the very definition of disingenuous. And it's not the first time I have seen you do that when it comes to defending this movie. It seems to be a running theme when it comes to your posts regarding the film.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Check out this thread THAT YOU POSTED IN containing the attack on Bret Hart (who has severe medical issues, and even that fall could have killed him had he not been cushioned).

The person in question repeatedly referenced Batman and the Joker and in one of his pictures prior to the attack he mimicked the 'stomach sucked in' pose of Joker from the trailer

So to you i'd say to ask for sources first and stop being a toxic person.

You said joker related killings this was not a killing. I mean if you're going to actually say stuff like that make sure you a slick back it up with stuff that happen.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just get the BD Rom or stream it.

We already had one psychopath shoot up a theater at a different Joker movie years back.

I would take this seriously. Shame too, because it sounds like an amazing movie to see in a theater.

But there are too many fucked up people in the world and the USA arms them.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just get the BD Rom or stream it.

We already had one psychopath shoot up a theater at a different Joker movie years back.

I would take this seriously. Shame too, because it sounds like an amazing movie to see in a theater.

But there are too many fucked up people in the world and the USA arms them.
The joker's not in the dark Knight rises and The Man Who shot the movie theater didn't do it out because of joker anything. I feel that we have misconstrued at the Aurora tragedy to fit this argument.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, but I doubt a piece of fiction has the power to provoque that kind of behaviour. Deranged people will do it anyways.

You can believe what you want, but the article makes clear that this warning to the military isn't from them directly, it was the FBI that referred to the Military. In specific the FBI was monitoring a noticeable and direct uptick in statements of violence and intent from incels on the internet with the intention of commuting violence against the populace at said screenings to teach the normals a lesson etc.

Media does effect people, that's why propaganda is a thing and companies spend billions on research.

Last edited:

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You said joker related killings this was not a killing. I mean if you're going to actually say stuff like that make sure you a slick back it up with stuff that happen.

It was reported as suchat the time. If you're going to accuse someone of making shit up, get your own facts straight because you're wrong on both counts. Clearly I made nothing up, and you forgot a clear example of Joker related violence with a direct reference to the upcoming film. As to how the Aurora shooting news changed that I was unaware? If that's the case then I was wrong, it does not however absolve you of your conduct nor selectively forgetting and now trying to sweep under the rug the 2nd example I cited that you said was something that never happened.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora,_Colorado_shooting#Related_incidents We've had incidents, even involving the franchise, people just bury their head in the sand about it and swear it's nothing because they've been desensitized to gun violence and gun access in this country since (at the very latest) we watched a school full of little kids get massacred and collectively decided it wasn't worth thinking about for longer than a month
But that incident wasn't because of the joker

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
No you asking specifically about chads and Stacy's is disingenuous because you know damn well that it's not about that, but you asked the question anyway knowing full well the answer.

That is the very definition of disingenuous. And it's not the first time I have seen you do that when it comes to defending this movie. It seems to be a running theme when it comes to your posts regarding the film.
So asking rhetorical questions to people making obvious false statements is disengenous but the people making obvious false statements isnt. Got it Chief.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still going regardless. It's ridiculous how a potentially phenomenal film will be impacted due to small-dick incels and their disgusting behavior.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
hey killers, forget the cinemas and head to our recruitment stations instead

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
The fact that a warning is issued for just going to a cinema to watch a movie shows how far gone the US is. Crazy.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was reported as suchat the time. If you're going to accuse someone of making shit up, get your own facts straight because you're wrong on both counts. Clearly I made nothing up, and you forgot a clear example of Joker related violence with a direct reference to the upcoming film. As to how the Aurora shooting news changed that I was unaware? If that's the case then I was wrong, it does not however absolve you of your conduct nor selectively forgetting and now trying to sweep under the rug the 2nd example I cited that you said was something that never happened.
I mean dude you're the one who said people were killed because of joker. And then you tell me about Bret Hart who did wasn't killed and even then the violence against Bret Hart wasn't caused by joker it was caused by a crazy man that's crazy. so when you find someone dying because of a joker then you come get me all right I'll be the first person to tell you're right but until then sit down brother.