• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This is tragicomic.
Train people to actually be real killing machines : good

A movie about a superhero villain : DANGEROUS
It's some bizarro level shit. Why don't these idiots ask themselves why this isn't a worldwide problem?
Can't be America's fucked up landscape, right? Nah..must be the film.
"Shut up ERA, trying to wish it into existence! Leave DC ALONE Marvel Shills!"

Ridiculous, it's an obvious and real concern.

tenor.gif

You literally brought this out of nowhere.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems reasonable to make precautions. We all are too aware of the USA's mass shooting problems. It's fucked up, alright.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that military issued this must me there was some credible shit going on

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just cancel the fuckken movie before anyone gets hurt SMH
Or make it stream on Netflix YouTube Hulu only

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair they could send out a warning if possible mass shooting on any random Monday in the US and it would be as valid.

Oct 29, 2017
Ye I'm sorry but even if the military is saying this, I severely doubt we will hear of a mass shooting from this. I'm watching day one, and if anything can be gleaned from the trailer I think the movie will be more about a need for compassion than a need for violence.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Just cancel the fuckken movie before anyone gets hurt SMH
Or make it stream on Netflix YouTube Hulu only

Better cancel schools, night clubs, movie theaters, street corners, live music performances, highways...

The list of things that you can do without worrying about being shot by a domestic terrorist in the USA is getting really small.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you think everyone in the military is a trained killer

Lol
Well the post was really reductive to be frank. But I find the fact that any military organisation express this kind of concern about a piece of fiction given the nature of the Army itself.

I know you are an ex-military I am too ( special forces parashooter for 1 year in mandatory militar service ) so I hope you were not offended by it.

May 24, 2019
I'd be more worried about military folks being encouraged to go into the movie packing and expecting trouble than anything else.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like people who have actual concerns about how radicalized white men, who interpret symbols and characters while ignoring the desired message, aren't concerned trolling.

I don't even understand how people can argue that others are "concerned trolling" c'mon now, people are legit concerned--and it is valid to argue that the concern should be minimal but it is not valid to hand wave everything.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
It's just a warning that the Army issued for it's service members to be aware. They literally do this same thing for stuff like Drinking and Driving every Friday.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is why and how was this movie even made in this political social economic sexual climate ?
It's 2019 and everyone is scared shitless

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Well the post was really reductive to be frank. But I find the fact that any military organisation express this kind of concern about a piece of fiction given the nature of the Army itself.

I know you are an ex-military I am too ( special forces parashooter for 1 year in mandatory militar service ) so I hope you were not offended by it.
You're good!
I was a weather forecaster so yea lol
Only thing I was trained to kill was time lol

if only people knew the boring ass shit we did in reality

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Guys what if instead of dealing with gun violence directly we concern trolled ourselves about works of fiction.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's almost like people who have actual concerns about how radicalized white men, who interpret symbols and characters while ignoring the desired message, aren't concerned trolling.

I don't even understand how people can argue that others are "concerned trolling" c'mon now, people are legit concerned--and it is valid to argue that the concern should be minimal but it is not valid to hand wave everything.

Yep

Takes like is why this fear mongering exists and Americans is so whack right now

Naw I think it's the guns

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

It is concern trolling.

It is also surrendering yourself to the nuts in society.

It is also censorship and regulating speech.

It is also making Americans chickenshit afraid of everything that movies.

It is also making America a laughing stock .

It is also giving ammo to Videogames cause violence and movies cause violence right wing nuts

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
It's not mentioned in the article but the family members of some of the victims of the Aurora, CO shooting have written a letter to WB both presenting their concerns over Joker and what impact it may have and asking WB to use its resources, both financial and otherwise, to contribute to gun control reform and to halt any political donations to candidates accepting NRA funds. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ns-joker-emotional-letter-warner-bros-1241599

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Guys what if instead of dealing with gun violence directly we concern trolled ourselves about works of fiction.
Hey, what do you think of this:

And do you think maybe because guns won't be banned by the time the movie comes out people can have concerns? We're working on the gun issue, it's not gonna happen overnight.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
No you don't because this is based on nothing. The officials stated that there was no actual plot uncovered at all. This is based on online activity talking about how "dangerous" the film is.
Not quite.

The U.S. Army confirmed on Tuesday that the warning was widely distributed after social media posts related to extremists classified as "incels," were uncovered by intelligence officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It is concern trolling. It is also surrendering yourself to the nuts in society. It is also censorship and regulating speech. It is also making Americans chickenshit afraid of everything that movies. It is also making America a laughing stock . It is also giving ammo to Videogames cause violence and movies cause violence right wing nuts
You don't know what concern trolling means, and maybe you should look up words before you use them.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think about it like this would anyone feel safe watching this movie in theaters ? With your cherish loved 🙏❤️ ones family members kids or relatives or friends ?
The answer is probably a resounding no...