• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Phase two: If you do actually rape someone, they'll pay your tuition for you.

Jan 10, 2018
Seriously. There's so much at stake. It's not just Trump blabbering on like a fool, it's actual shit like this.

Obligatory reminder

Every time a Republican is in the White House, women across the world face the devastating impact of the US's ban on discussing abortion in exchange for aid.

www.buzzfeednews.com

Trump's Anti-Abortion Policies Have Created A Nightmare For Women In Nepal

Every time a Republican is in the White House, women across the world face the devastating impact of the US's ban on discussing abortion in exchange for aid.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
giphy-1-xgwgCS.gif
"I support accountability."

giphy.gif

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Due process protections were sorely needed for accused offenders, and I don't think how OP has slanted this is remotely reflective of the actual changes.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
What a wonderful family. Probably anticipate having to protect their own family members in the future.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Due process protections were sorely needed for accused offenders, and I don't think how OP has slanted this is remotely reflective of the actual changes.

I don't think most of us here take umbrage with the due process protections. It's the narrowing of the definition of sexual harassment and limiting what the colleges have to investigate. These two things are disgusting.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
I don't think most of us here take umbrage with the due process protections. It's the narrowing of the definition of sexual harassment and limiting what the colleges have to investigate. These two things are disgusting.

The current model was a disaster. Here's a helpful article on why these changes are overall, a positive step.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Conservatives have always been pro-rape. It comes with hating women.

Oct 27, 2017
There's something truly demented to the fact that to reverse this we have to vote in a different guy who committed sexual assault.

I'm voting for Biden before y'all get angry

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. In reading this there may be something good out of it.

The real issue is that colleges were kicking people with no proof of anything to swiftly get it removed from the news.
They will be required to investigate now. The list is more narrow true but I don't think that if someone just grabbed a girls ass in class that he wouldn't be punished. There is sexual misconduct rules in colleges as well. However now colleges will be accountable if they are found to have "deliberate indifference."

This also allows both sides to have merit in talks of arbitration where before it was just victim and then they kicked to get it out of the news. In some cases they kicked both victim and accused just to move on and forget about it. That isnt fair either.

I can kinda see that may be a good thing. I don't agree that what is viewed as assault is so narrow now however. I think there is a way to do both.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
There's something truly demented to the fact that to reverse this we have to vote in a different guy who committed sexual assault.

I'm voting for Biden before y'all get angry
He also spearheaded and championed the very rules protecting survivors that DeVos has overturned.

Joe Biden gives charged speech on campus sexual assault: 'It is a crime, period'
Joe Biden Calls on College Students to 'Change the Culture' to Combat Sexual Assault

Last edited: