• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fury just doesn't look the part, but he's a clever boxer, well deserved win

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Knew of a guy who had a bet on a 6th rd KO, my brother and I were lamenting his loss with 28 seconds left, then BAM.

Lucky bastard probably went from cursing the stars to dancing around the room, I wish I'd have been there.

Would he win that? I've seen people whinging that they aren't paying out on KO's as it was a TKO but I know nothing about it so no idea if that's normal

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Would he win that? I've seen people whinging that they aren't paying out on KO's as it was a TKO but I know nothing about it so no idea if that's normal
I guess I'll have to have my brother ask.

That would be one hell of a fucked up technicality to not pay on a win condition bet. Any idea what reputable betting house is pulling such a thing?

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll have to have my brother ask.

That would be one hell of a fucked up technicality to not pay on a win condition bet. Any idea what reputable betting house is pulling such a thing?

Bet365 are saying their terms are clear a KO is when a fighter can't get up before the 10 and a TKO is when the ref steps in so they are settling only as a TKO

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Bet365 are saying their terms are clear a KO is when a fighter can't get up before the 10 and a TKO is when the ref steps in so they are settling only as a TKO
Yeah...

Shocked they try and get away with this, the difference is so marginal I would have thought they just lump KO/TKO bets together.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Wow they are catching hell on Twitter, and apparantly deleted a tweet saying Fury had "knocked out" Whyte but people caught it in screenshots.

This seems really dubious.

TheCommonDan

Oct 27, 2017
That's really weird. Bookies here in the UK usually put KO/TKO together. Anyways no one can beat Fury, he should face Usyk after he wipes AJ again

StriderHiryu

Oct 28, 2017
What an easy fight for Fury! He is head and shoulders not just literally but proverbially of every other boxer in the division. Despite his size and frame, he can actually box and was in complete control of that fight from round one.

Hope he continues to unify the belts, but I don't think anyone in this division is anywhere near his level. Comfortably the best heavyweight of his generation.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently everyone else has already paid it out, they are setting their business on fire right now.

Don't understand what they're thinking. Surely this isn't the first time a case like this has popped up in boxing since they've been in business? Silly clown shit.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Don't understand what they're thinking. Surely this isn't the first time a case like this has popped up in boxing since they've been in business? Silly clown shit.
I don't want to speculate too much, but my decade of supporting myself through online poker taught me the "silly clown shit" you wouldn't expect a site to try to get away with are associated with impending cash flow issues.

But that is already me saying too much haha.

What was the payout on "Fury by KO" specifically in 6? Probably a hell of a prop payout if someone bet the farm. Getting this technical means they owe someone a check imo.

edit: But yeah fade , if it had come up before, people should've known beforehand, right? Most finishes are TKOs after all.