• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
I get sick of people ranking this era's HWs as the greatest of all time when they have avoided to fight one another for so long. I can't do it. In the 90s, at least everyone fought one another.

He's an all time great heavyweight and would beat almost all of the all time greats from any generation.
LMAO. No he would not

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
A motivated and dedicated Ruiz would honestly be a nightmare matchup for Wilder in my eyes. Such a shame he isn't dedicated to his training.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Usyk, Whyte, maybe AJ, and possibly Wallin. Deontay has fought NO ONE but Fury and Ortiz. Ortiz even had a chance to win. Hell even Ruiz might have a shot.
None of these guys make it 6 rounds without taking a right hand. They don't have the overall tools to avoid a clean shot. None of these dudes can replicate what Fury does.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Covid twice, new born baby nearly died, AJ mega fight canceled, no fans at the arena. I want to say Fury was in rough shape mentally and physically more than Wilder improved.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Covid twice, new born baby nearly died, AJ mega fight canceled, no fans at the arena. I want to say Fury was in rough shape mentally and physically more than Wilder improved.
The Knicks fan will go all night with you in telling it differently. Wilder is as overrated as RJ Barrett is as an NBA player btw.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
I get sick of people ranking this era's HWs as the greatest of all time when they have avoided to fight one another for so long. I can't do it. In the 90s, at least everyone fought one another.

LMAO. No he would not

Every big fighter in history has dodged fights.

Aside from maybe Louis, Ali, Lennox Lewis and a couple of others, which HW fighters in history would Fury not be the favourite against?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even catch this card, but I'll use these results to troll my friend (who likes Deontay) after he was so hurt after last years fight.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
lol what

This has got to be a piss take. They're two very different fighters
Ortiz is taller but they are both primarily inside fighters. Ortiz has more overall skill and is better at working is way there.

People only started talking about Ruiz after he upset Joshua. People wrote the fight off when stepped in as a replacement. They were calling Ruiz a garbage man, janitor and all types of other shit before the fight. People only think he's legit now to excuse AJ loss to him.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Every big fighter in history has dodged fights.

Aside from maybe Louis, Ali, Lennox Lewis and a couple of others, which HW fighters in history would Fury not be the favourite against?
Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe would be a pickem, Leon Spinks, Ron Lyle, Frazier and the list goes on.

Didn't even catch this card, but I'll use these results to troll my friend (who likes Deontay) after he was so hurt after last years fight.

Is your friend also a Knicks fan?

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wilder trying his hardest to mimick Fury, and raise his hands and present himself as the winner after the end of each round was sad.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe would be a pickem, Leon Spinks, Ron Lyle, Frazier and the list goes on.

Is your friend also a Knicks fan?

I actually don't know what NBA team he follows. I just know he wouldn't stop talking shit about Tyson Fury prior to last years match. I don't even care for either, but I can pass this opportunity up to troll my boy.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I actually don't know what NBA team he follows. I just know he wouldn't stop talking shit about Tyson Fury prior to last years match. I don't even care for either, but I can pass this opportunity up to troll my boy.
He's trying to troll me because I think AJ is overrated.

Because Wilder can't beat an all time great HW who is one of the bigger guys the division has ever seen while being great defensively and possessing a great chin.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Lmao mentioning Mike Tyson at all, let alone second is a massive tell that you're waffling. Not only is he the biggest myth in boxing, but all the criticisms aimed at Wilder - that's he's a one dimensional knockout artist who's been carefully stage-managed and never actually beat a truly great HW in their prime, every single one of them applies to Mike Tyson. It's not even a debate that Fury is favoured over that kind of boxer, because has already proved three times.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Wilder looked like he had a game plan in that first round, hitting fury with some good body shots and fighting a bit different, but props to those who called Wilder reverting to his usual fighting style because that's exactly what happened once fury got going.

Everybody got a plan until they get punched in the mouth -Mike Tyson

Tyson was actually pretty technical and had good feet. He also had good endurance and could beat good fighters without having to knock someone out. The fact that he was only 5'10 while doing all of this at 18 is another feat in itself. Wilder isn't half the boxer Tyson was. Tyson would destroy him like he did Spinks in his prime.

Yeah what the hell? People acting like Mike Tyson wasn't shit now? Even Fury would be shaking his head.

Last edited:

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Lmao mentioning Mike Tyson at all, let alone second is a massive tell that you're waffling. Not only is he the biggest myth in boxing, but all the criticisms aimed at Wilder - that's he's a one dimensional knockout artist who's been carefully stage-managed and never actually beat a truly great HW in their prime, every single one of them applies to Mike Tyson. It's not even a debate that Fury is favored over that kind of boxer, because has already proved three times.
Tyson was actually pretty technical and had good feet. He also had good endurance and could beat good fighters without having to knock someone out. The fact that he was only 5'10 while doing all of this at 18 is another feat in itself. Wilder isn't half the boxer Tyson was. Tyson would destroy him like he did Spinks in his prime.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Lmao mentioning Mike Tyson at all, let alone second is a massive tell that you're waffling. Not only is he the biggest myth in boxing, but all the criticisms aimed at Wilder - that's he's a one dimensional knockout artist who's been carefully stage-managed and never actually beat a truly great HW in their prime, every single one of them applies to Mike Tyson. It's not even a debate that Fury is favoured over that kind of boxer, because has already proved three times.
Fury is one of the most naturally gifted heavyweights we have ever seen. To be as big as he is with the coordination and reflexes he brings is crazy.

Even crazier when you think about his life. He's basically the protagonist of a bad boxing movie. He was on the top of the mountain before when he beat Klitschko but threw it all away to run off and a mummy in a trap house somewhere. People thought he was done and moved on and then he decided he wanted to be the greatest and came back like nothing happened and is the best heavyweights today.

Obviously most great boxers would make light work of him. Tyson beat Spinks and Spinks was similar to Fury. Fury is almost a foot taller and has almost a foot more reach than Spinks while being 70lbs+ heavier. But Tyson would do to Fury what he did to Spinks.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020

Spinks wasn't even a proper heavyweight, let alone an all time great.

Him being short doesn't make it impressive, just like a good boxer being slow isn't impressive. For his height he wasn't that skilful especially considering the hype surrounding him, but also crucially his height makes it just obvious that the 6 foot 9 boxer who also is much more technically skilled, adaptable, with better endurance and who has never been knocked out by a journeyman that any half great fighter would have put away, would be clearly favoured.

At the end of the day this is just a classic rehash of the same nostalgic bullshit that fans in every single sport comes out with -'they don't make them like they used to'.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Wilder struggled with Ortiz and could only put him away in the 10th round. I'm baffled at the comments saying he's a sure bet against AJ.
When AJ isn't going with the cautious style he adopted after the Ruiz loss, he's a powerful puncher In his own right and deadly with uppercuts. If he had wilder rocked, for sure he wouldn't have been able to last that long.

50-50 for me.

Wilder would definitely get picked apart by Usyk too.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017

Him being short doesn't make it impressive, just like a good boxer being slow isn't impressive. For his height he wasn't that skilful especially considering the hype surrounding him, but also crucially his height makes it just obvious that the 6 foot 9 boxer who also is much more technically skilled, adaptable, with better endurance and who has never been knocked out by a journeyman that any half great fighter would have put away, would be clearly favoured.

At the end of the day this is just a classic rehash of the same nostalgic bullshit that fans in every single sport comes out with -'they don't make them like they used to'.
You are completely out of it. Yes of course Spinks wasn't great, which is how I compare Wilder. Fury is basically Klitschko at best for me atm. Tyson had some of the best movement ever as well in the HW division which is how he was able to win so much despite being so slow. Ever hear of the Dempsy Roll? He used that due to his short reach and lack of height.

Wilder struggled with Ortiz and could only put him away in the 10th round. I'm baffled at the comments saying he's a sure bet against AJ.
When AJ isn't going with the cautious style he adopted after the Ruiz loss, he's a powerful puncher In his own right and deadly with uppercuts. If he had wilder rocked, for sure he wouldn't have been able to last that long.

50-50 for me.

This 100

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017

Wilder and Usyk would have been big heavyweights in the 80s and 90s. Tyson was great but he wouldn't walk through guys who are bigger than his usual opponents while possessing faster hands too.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

50-50 for me.

Love aj, but he hasn't looked good in a long while .

- Ruiz destroyed him easily

- AJ ran from Ruiz in the rematch and looked ready to fall apart anytime they got too close

- Fought Pulev, pulev just kind of stood there and got punched in the face until it was over. Seriously, you're crazy if you think any decent contender fights that bad. Pulev sucked.

- Uysk controls aj start to finish, avoids knocking him out, could have put aj to sleep, and almost did in round 12.

Aj hasn't looked good for a while.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
You are completely out of it. Yes of course Spinks wasn't great, which is how I compare Wilder. Fury is basically Klitschko at best for me atm. Tyson had some of the best movement ever as well in the HW division which is how he was able to win so much despite being so slow. Ever hear of the Dempsy Roll? He used that due to his short reach and lack of height.

This 100
Lol Wilder is bigger than the type of boxers that gave Tyson problems and brings more power and better hand speed.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Ortiz is taller but they are both primarily inside fighters. Ortiz has more overall skill and is better at working is way there.

And these differences lead to much different fighting styles lmao. We'll never see Ruiz fight Ortiz's fight, he'll stalk and plod forward until he's in range, once he understands how to cut the cage he'll be trouble. He trusts his chin, power and handspeed enough to make it war once he's in.

Ortiz stays light and has a huge toolset to pressure and find his way in, he won't stay for a fire fight but he's happy to punish what he can.

People only started talking about Ruiz after he upset Joshua. People wrote the fight off when stepped in as a replacement. They were calling Ruiz a garbage man, janitor and all types of other shit before the fight. People only think he's legit now to excuse AJ loss to him.

People who knew were warning AJ about Ruiz when he stepped in. There's videos of both Joshua Parker and Freddie Roach telling the press this when the first fight was announced.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
User warned: Hostility
And these differences lead to much different fighting styles lmao. We'll never see Ruiz fight Ortiz's fight, he'll stalk and plod forward until he's in range, once he understands how to cut the cage he'll be trouble. He trusts his chin, power and handspeed enough to make it war once he's in.

Ortiz stays light and has a huge toolset to pressure and find his way in, he won't stay for a fire fight but he's happy to punish what he can.

People who knew were warning AJ about Ruiz when he stepped in. There's videos of both Joshua Parker and Freddie Roach telling the press this when the first fight was announced.
I have to say. Fury and Wilder fanboys are the worst.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah he wasn't at the peak of his powers, but it wasn't the same old man Klitschko that we saw against Joshua, he was still undisputed champion and it was a convincing win.
Prime Klitschko vs Fury is a pickem as far as I'm concerned. And Tyson was a beast. I know people think he was overrated but look at the tape. He was really skilled. Cus wouldn't just train some 1 trick pony. Granted he lost his focus once Cus died.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Wilder sucks dude. Stop overrating him. I bet you think RJ is basically Jimmy Butler as well.
No he doesn't. Size matters. He's very tall and long with quick hands and big power. Fury is bigger and more skilled and that made those fights tough for Wilder. The rest of the division doesn't pose the same threat to him.

You and a lot of other people are going to be surprised when Wilder fights another good fighter and knocks them out because they don't have the size to make him uncomfortable and tire him out.

Wilder is great at maintaining range when he has the size advantage. This usually makes him hard to hit. Against Fury he doesn't have this advantage.

People are listing off guys that will beat Wilder but they all are at a disadvantage because he outranges them and can sit back and pull the trigger before they can. This is the key difference between him and AJ. AJ tries to get cute and let's smaller guys like Ruiz and Usyk get in on him and hit him. Wilder is on his bike and always threatening with his right hand.

If you watch the Fury fights and think other guys will be able to box with Wilder then you are getting the wrong message from those 3 fights.

Last edited:

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Prime Klitschko vs Fury is a pickem as far as I'm concerned. And Tyson was a beast. I know people think he was overrated but look at the tape. He was really skilled. Cus wouldn't just train some 1 trick pony. Granted he lost his focus once Cus died.
Lol so you're bringing in his trainer agreeing to train him (Tyson was clearly talented and trainers like to train talented fighters). Might as well bring in what Manny Steward said about Fury as evidence lol.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol reading some of these memes on Twitter. I forgot Wilder even mentioned his costume weighing him down last time.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
No he doesn't. Size matters. He's very tall and long with quick hands and big power. Fury is bigger and more skilled and that made those fights tough for Wilder. The rest of the division doesn't pose the same threat to him.

You and a lot of other people are going to be surprised when Wilder fights another good fighter and knocks them out because they don't have the size to make him uncomfortable and tire him out.

Wilder is great at maintaining range when he has the size advantage. This usually makes him hard to hit. Against Fury he doesn't have this advantage.

People are listing off guys that will beat Wilder but they all are at a disadvantage because he outranges them and can sit back and pull the trigger before they can. This is the key difference between him and AJ. AJ tries to get cute and let's smaller guys like Ruiz and Usyk get in on him and hit him. Wilder is on his bike and always threatening with his right hand.

If you watch the Fury fights and think other guys will be able to box with Wilder then you are getting the wrong message from those 3 fights.
You make about as many excuses for Wilder just as he does himself. He again has fought no one but two fighters and could have lost to Ortiz.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
You make about as many excuses for Wilder just as he does himself. He again has fought no one but two fighters and could have lost to Ortiz.
What excuse am I making? He's usually the bigger fighter and doesn't have to initiate. He usually sits on the outside and thanks to his reach, his hand speed, height and power he can win this way.

Fury gave him problems because he has to fight a fight he isn't used to. Because Fury is bigger than him and brings skill. Klitschko had the same problem with Fury and he was an old pro who was supposed to walk through Fury like he did to everyone else.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sometimes wish chancel culture was real.
Then you wouldn't need to see threads about a mysogynist, homophobe antisemite..