• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Typically, at what temperature do you prefer your water?

• Ice cold (cold water + ice or stuck back in the fridge)

Votes: 233 49.7%
  • Chilled (cold water from tap or thereabouts)

Votes: 151 32.2%
  • Room Temp

Votes: 72 15.4%
  • Warm or Hot

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Lol I don't drink water

Votes: 6 1.3%

• Total voters

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I got this Swell mug a while back and I really love it. It's small (12oz, I think) and tapered with a lid so it's as convenient as a can of soda. I probably re-fill it at least half a dozen times a day. Someone recently asked me why I splurged on a Swell if I only drink room temperature water. The answer was because I liked the form factor. But regardless, it got us talking and apparently I was "weird" for liking room temp water... even though I have plenty of friends who prefer this to cold and I've never really been called out before. But, seeing if my sample is just off.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Ice cold.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I need it very cold. I have hypoglycemia so I already run a little warm naturally, and room temperature water is like drinking sludge to me.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
As cold as it can fucking get. Something I miss from being at the office is that one of the water dispensers water is SO fucking cold, like I swear it's 33 F, just above freezing, and I loved it. Our fridge gets really cold too so the brita filter in there regularly runs about 34-35. I'd ideally want it like right at 33 but that's the level where my fridge will start to freeze stuff over because its inbalanced.

I work with a lot of people from India and China and one thing that we've noticed about ourselves is that Americans tend to prefer water very cold, while the Indian and Chinese people like it warmer. My Indian coworkers often take the cold water from the dispenser and then use the coffee maker hot/near boiling water to warm it up. I think it's just a difference between what you grew up with and what you're used to.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Ice cold as a preference. No ice, just fridge temp.

Room temp if it's to soothe my throat during big meetings or presentations.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I like cold drinking water but I voted hot because, oftentimes, I just heat up water to drink as a relaxing and comfortable regular beverage. I don't like tea, and I don't want coffee all the time, so hot water is pleasant.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I prefer chilled or room temperature water is ironically if I'm overheated from costuming. Seems to go down better. Otherwise, I want that shit colder than absolute zero.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chilled from the tap, though I do like it ice cold as well.
Lukewarm is acceptable if the bottle has been standing for a little while.
Warm/hot only in the shape of tea or such.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lukewarm/room temp for most occasions

Ice cold after eating something unhealthy like junk food, chocolate(especially chocolate), and fried foods.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cold from the tap because I'm lazy and drink too much water to be doing some elaborate crap every time I pour a glass.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Most of the time: Room temp

Hot summer day: Ice cold

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Fridge cold. Always.

Hot water only for tea and room temp is only if i don't have the choice.

I even used to stuck a bottle in the freezer for a few hours at work, so it went extra chilled and stayed cold longer (and i like to suckle on ice shards).

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Not that cold for me, personally. Tap water cold/room temp is fine. I don't really put ice in most of the things I drink.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
With ice, but from the tap is fine in the winter since it's basically already ice cold.

Only time I ever drink lukewarm water is when visiting my family in law in Indonesia, because they think cold water is more likely to make you sick. Nothing like coming inside from the sweltering, humid heat of Jakarta to a house that's also hot and humid and enjoying a... glass of warm water. 😩 C'mon, Indofam.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Room temp or a bit lower, cause it's healthier and more importantly cause I actually feel that my body can process "warm" water a whole lot better. Obviously it's nice to have a glass of cold water (or any drink) once in a while, but when I'm really thirsty and especially coming from a work out or run I feel much better drinking warmer water.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I like it as cold as possible, but rarely go so far as to bother with ice. So chilled out of the fridge dispenser, pitcher in the fridge, or otherwise cold tap is good enough.

Last edited:

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Let us see who voted for what.

We need to oust the hot water heathens.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Room temp is the easiest to drink. Hot and cold are both a bit of a shock to the throat.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
In average conditions I much prefer room temp. Ice water hurts my teeth and doesn't feel super pleasant going down my throat, so I tend to drink it with a lot more moderation, whereas with room temperature water I'll down the whole glass like nothing. That said, if I'm outside on a hot summer day (or having just come back inside), then the ice water hits the spot.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Read cold water shoots through you faster, and I prefer room temp anyway, so I only drink cold water at restaurants.

GK86

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chilled. Unless it's the 90+ degree heat of summer. Then I like to put ice cube in it.