• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Bruh’ In the Can To Wrap Successful 4-Series Shoot At Tyler Perry Studios

It's a wrap at Tyler Perry Studios after a marathon two-month shoot of new installments of four Perry series.

bruh_s1_ep.-102-my-own-two-feet-__00569-2.jpg

It's a wrap at Tyler Perry Studios after a marathon two-month shoot of new installments of four Perry series.

Sitcom Bruh was the shortest order, 19 episodes, and the shortest shoot, four days. The BET+ comedy, which started filming Sept. 3, finished today.

Since July 9 when the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta opened its doors for the cast of Sistas, Perry successfully filmed 82 episodes of his BET series Sisters and The Ovaland BET+'s Ruthless and Bruh.

Perry filmed new seasons of his series amid the coronavirus pandemic using a quarantine bubble model, sequestering cast and crew on the lot for the duration of a shoot.

Overall, there were 32 shoot days and 51 quarantine days total for the four series, with weeklong breaks between production of Sistas and The Oval as well as The Ovaland Ruthless. (Perry and his crew stayed in continuous production after Ruthless to shoot Bruh.)

Perry's quarantine bubble model involves check-in testing as cast and crew arrive at the studio, with everyone staying in their rooms until test results come back.

There were four positive tests (out of 360 people) during the check-in phase onSistas, none of which involved cast, and a cast member of Ruthless tested positiveduring check-in.

But the bubble held up; there were no positive cases in camp once cast and crews had checked in and production started.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it weird that I find the fact Tyler Perry shit is still being conveyor made and distributed even in the age of coronavirus weirdly comforting?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder whether the quality of this show will reflect that decision.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I've always heard that Tyler Perry runs a tight ship but this is incredibly impressive and astonishing.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to force people in to a bubble don't waste their time. Get it done and then let them out.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler Perry is undoubtedly a machine but let's be real - we're looking at soap opera levels of production here where there are two takes max and it's all about content churn over quality.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I recall similar news in the past. He films projects really fast. I want to say a poster here may have had some detail about it in one of the TV threads

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I saw a news story about the setup at his studio for COVID - bubble like NBA, has his whole team and set of actors there and they are set up to WORK. When there's nothing available for TV/movies starting this fall, he's going to have a windfall more than usual as he fills a gap.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I recall one of the "Boo!: A Madea Halloween" movies being filmed over a weekend. I mean, it showed in the quality of the final product, but that's still impressive.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I've never seen anything by Tyler Perry, never understood what he does anyway. That looks like he points the cameras to people and shoots a single take of every scene in the script.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I had a class in college with taught one of the most important people in the field anywhere in the country. The guy is famous with many books, was head of the main US association for the field, etc.

Anyway, so it's the very last class and this student walks in, puts his paper that 80% of the class grade is based on down on the table, and starts talking about he only began working on it the night before at 10 PM, how many graphs he used to pad it out, etc. This is all happening with the professor sitting at the end of the table with one eyebrow raised and a look like, "is this really happening?" as the TAs are all face palming and and look so mortified, knowing exactly how badly he's hurting himself.

Getting shit done quickly isn't nearly as impressive as getting shit done well in an efficient way. Based on anything I've seen from him, this wasn't the latter.

Also:

c00b42e81d1ef23b34c513bd13ce6b1b--bojack.jpg

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Quality not withstanding, that is one hell of an effort to shoot that much content in such a short span of time.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to celebrate a billionaire cranking out shit under horrendous labor conditions.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to celebrate a billionaire cranking out shit under horrendous labor conditions.
He's a billionaire that's out there busting his own ass. He wasn't sitting back on a beach somewhere while other people did it. You can count on one hand the number of billionaires out there that would do something like this right now.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a billionaire that's out there busting his own ass. He wasn't sitting back on a beach somewhere while other people did it. You can count on one hand the number of billionaires out there that would do something like this right now.

I remember when he fired his writing staff for trying to unionize.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I remember when he fired his writing staff for trying to unionize.
While that sounds terrible, I'm referring to this particular accomplishment. It undoubtedly took a ton of patience, coordination, and dedication to get something like this done. We can absolutely shit on him for firing his staff for attempting to unionize, but this is still an insane accomplishment given the fact that he could've outsourced all of it and just did "billionaire stuff."

Oct 25, 2017
While that sounds terrible, I'm referring to this particular accomplishment. It undoubtedly took a ton of patience, coordination, and dedication to get something like this done. We can absolutely shit on him for firing his staff for attempting to unionize, but this is still an insane accomplishment given the fact that he could've outsourced all of it and just did "billionaire stuff."

He still did billionaire stuff by running his crew into to the ground to make this happen.

Stop defending and applauding the exploitation of workers

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I bet it will be reflected in the quality of the work and the condition of the crew.