• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

unknown if it's the first game or a collection, but we'll find out tomorrow. also unknown if other systems will be a part of it as stretch goals or not

EDIT: it's teh first game

gimmie dat 7/10 platforming goodness

EDIT: kickstarter live. $50K goal

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming literally no-one would pick this up for them to resort to Kickstarter, but why not just self-publish on the eShop? Tantalus could do the ports as both Krome and Tantalus are in Australia and would be easy to work with one another, no?

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
They did the PC ports themselves though without a KS IIRC.

Sure, and you can infer how profitable those PC ports were from the fact that they're crowdfunding these ones.

Crowdfunding is also a marketing tactic as much as anything else, so there's merit to doing it regardless of whether it's strictly necessary.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the first two Ty games and would totally be down for playing them again.

Never played the third one tho.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Shame the 4th Ultimate Season Pass character leaked so early.

First game is a 7/10 masterpiece, love it.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, in 2015 they ported the side-scrolling XBLA Ty game to PC and rebranded it, for some bizarre reason, as Ty 4, which eventually lead to a port of the original game (2016), which itself lead to a port of 2 (2017), which itself lead to a port of 3 (2018).
Sure, and you can infer how profitable those PC ports were from the fact that they're crowdfunding these ones.

Crowdfunding is also a marketing tactic as much as anything else, so there's merit to doing it regardless of whether it's strictly necessary.

Makes sense. So we can assume the core funding will be the first with 2 and 3 being stretch goals. That'd be smart. Hopefully they don't do anything silly with rewards and keep it as simple as possible.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't do kickstarter, but if this port happens and performance is up to par I would definitely grab a copy. I have a lot of nostalgia for PS2-era platforms, but I missed out on this back then.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
YES

I never played the second game but I loved the first and third back in the day. I don't play on PC but I've been waiting for HD console ports, I'll gladly back this.

Also: Two Up is still a jam.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if this gets funded but good on them for trying.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be surprised if this gets funded but good on them for trying.

The PC remasters, particularly the first one, had crazy high satisfaction ratings and were very high on the various Steam250 charts for a long time. I don't know if there's a closet Ty fanbase nobody knew about or it was just the right game at the right time (with a quality port) but I wouldn't be too concerned.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I haven't played any of the Ty games but after seeing the Nitro Rad series on it, I could very well play basically every PS2/GC/XBOX-era 3D platformer on newer hardware. Those games have tons of issues, but man are they charming.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Had a really good time with the very first game back in the day but never played the other two. Nor did i play the 4th game wich i learned is a thing a couple of months ago. Interresting to see what this is all about.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I thought about this

220px-Taz-Mania_game_cover.jpg

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Never played these, but I'm all about the rebirth of 3d platformers. Crash, Spyro, Ratchet, this. Liking forward to the triumphant return of Gex!

Hopefully it's the trilogy and not just one game.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
What kind of nostalgia fueled mad man is going to put money in this. Even as a kid I recall it being a rental at best title.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
At the time, I wrote off these kind of 3D platformers are second rate.

Now, I kind of look forward to this if it gets released... Damn I miss 3D platformers

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yeah, some of my first PS2 games as a kid. Used to beat the first one in a single sitting all the time.

I think I beat it in a 11 year long sitting XD.

I never enjoyed the second game as much, as it was one of those that added a bunch of filler, not playing as Ty stages, and the 3rd never released here, so I'm curious about that, even though I've heard it's not really that great.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I bought this on Steam a while back and while it certainly hasn't aged quite as gracefully as other 6th gen titles, it does still hold a lot of charm and I remember being completely obsessed with the Gamecube version back in the day. Would deffo be up for having this to play through again on the go, though I'm not sure if there'd be enough interest for a KS to be effective?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
1 and 2 had surprising clout in my family - even my Mum played it where she would only really get into video games for Lego later on. I've been meaning to get them on PC, but man, if a Switch port is possible...

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I think I beat it in a 11 year long sitting XD.

I never enjoyed the second game as much, as it was one of those that added a bunch of filler, not playing as Ty stages, and the 3rd never released here, so I'm curious about that, even though I've heard it's not really that great.

Kind of ironic the third game in a series set in Australia by an Australian developer did not get released in the PAL market (which Australia is part of)

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
i cant wait for Vexx on Switch
You joke, but Vexx is a great game. Ugly as hell main character, but pretty great level design. It definitely is the better game than Ty 1 & 2 (3 is not available here in Europe).
Kind of ironic the third game in a series set in Australia by an Australian developer did not get released in the PAL market (which Australia is part of)
In fact, it got a release in Australia, at least for PS2 (unsure if also for GCN and Xbox, but I have seen PS2 versions on eBay).
Great B-game. Really enjoyed it when I was younger. Real ones know Tak 2 was the best of that era though.
Tak 2 is better than Ty 1 & (especially) 2, but it is still not as good as Vexx.