• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/06/trent-reznor-releasing-quake-soundtrack-on-vinyl/

QUAKE_1024x1024.png

Come on, bro. What's the deal? I assume you only announced this because you knew you had the necessary rights from ZeniMax or was that not the case?

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trent is known for announcing things that don't end up happening.

Still waiting on a remaster of The Fragile. It's been 10 years now. And a concert film that was supposed to come out in 2014.

So you might be waiting a while for that Quake vinyl.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just Quake that's missing. A few months ago Rob Sheridan (former NIN art director) announced on a podcast that he's heavily involved with the With Teeth (and I assume Year Zero) special editions, so I guess Quake will arrive when they do.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's not just Quake that's missing. A few months ago Rob Sheridan (former NIN art director) announced on a podcast that he's heavily involved with the With Teeth (and I assume Year Zero) special editions, so I guess Quake will arrive when they do.

Wait Rob Sheridan's involved? I thought he fell out of all NIN/HTDA project stuff a few years ago.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
some Mick Gordon covers to tide me over would be perfect. /fantasy

hopefully this sees the light of day though because i quite enjoyed that soundtrack.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the other half of NIN's vinyl back catalog was promised two years ago and hasn't materialized yet. Combination of Trent being Trent and promising too much too early, vinyl presses being overwhelmed, and the sloppy rollout of orders for the first half of their back catalog two years ago.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Trent is known for announcing things that don't end up happening.

Still waiting on a remaster of The Fragile. It's been 10 years now. And a concert film that was supposed to come out in 2014.

So you might be waiting a while for that Quake vinyl.
The Fragile remaster came out two years ago.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
There's a bunch of stuff he announced and hasn't made any progress with. With Teeth remaster, Year Zero remaster... he seems like someone who gets distracted and it's hard for him to reel himself back in. Also, I feel like he's done remasters of his most popular stuff.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's $34 on Amazon for a quadruple vinyl. There's a download code included. If you mean you want to have it to stream for free from somewhere, I don't know what to tell you.

Not exactly. But where are the demos and other oddities from The Fragile that he talked about? I was expecting something similar to what he did for TDS DE.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I have Fragile: Deviations if that's what you mean? That was always going to be vinyl exclusive though.

Something similar was on Apple Music when it first launched as well, right?

Edit: Seems like it.
In June 2015, an instrumental version of the album was released to Apple Music.[35] This version of the album also includes alternative versions of "The Frail", "Just Like You Imagined", "Pilgrimage", "La Mer", "The Mark Has Been Made", and "Complication", the instrumental version of "The Day the World Went Away (Quiet)", an extended version of "+Appendage", a demo version of "10 Miles High" called "Hello, Everything Is Not OK", and three previously unreleased tracks from The Fragile ("The March" and "Can I Stay Here?")

In 2017 a reissue of the vinyl version of The Fragile was released, alongside an expanded, instrumental version, titled The Fragile: Deviations 1. This version of The Fragile contains all songs in either instrumental or alternate formats, and combines them with newly released songs written and recorded during the sessions for The Fragile. Deviations 1 consists of a one-off 4xLP pressing.[36]

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OUT TODAY!!!
store.nin.com

QUAKE REMASTERED 2XLP

NINE INCH NAILS' SOUNDTRACK TO THE LEGENDARY FIRST PERSON SHOOTER FROM ID SOFTWARE. AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON VINYL. REMASTERED 2XLP PRESSED ON 180GRAM VINYL. TRACKLIST SIDE A01. QUAKE THEME02. AFTERMATH03. THE HALL OF SOULS SIDE B01. IT IS RAPED02. PARALLEL DIMENSIONS03. LIFE SIDE...

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Fawk yeah!

And lol at this:

NOTE
WE DESIGNED THIS REISSUE TO INCLUDE A BOOKLET CONTAINING ESSAYS FROM ID SOFTWARE'S JOHN CARMACK AND AMERICAN MCGEE. A CERTAIN UNNAMED VIDEO GAME PUBLISHER MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE PACKAGE, SO PLEASE HONOR THEIR WISHES BY NOT CLICKING HERE TO EVEN SEE THE ESSAYS OR HERE TO PRINT THE BOOKLET OUT FOR YOURSELF.