• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Biden is a horrible person as well. A racist, classist, war mongering rapist.

That's the issue when you get down in the pig shit to roll about going "Your guy is still worse than mine". You still get covered in shit.

A white man being a rapist is still going to continue being an acceptable reality for the most "powerful" role in America.
I know. I'm saying the average voter doesn't know the truth about Biden.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep saying this ever time we get more confirmation that Biden is a rapist. Demand that he drop out. Get on the social media and demand it, call up your representatives and demand it. Do everything in your power to make this piece of shit drop out.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There is enough for him to have a moral obligation to step down
okay, now back to reality where you already know he won't do that.

we need more pressure.

I keep saying this ever time we get more confirmation that Biden is a rapist. Demand that he drop out. Get on the social media and demand it, call up your representatives and demand it. Do everything in your power to make this piece of shit drop out.
more pressure from all angles, yes.

but really, reps can ignore our calls. they can't ignore the media. we need the media to stop ignoring this shit. the more times they put a camera in Joe's face asking about this, the more untenable his candidacy becomes.

Pressure. Bursts. Pipes.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
What's a bigger setback for the Democratic Party?

Their frontrunner's rape allegations blowing up beyond the media frenzy of Kavanaugh thanks to right wing attention?

Or the damage caused by Biden stepping down

Even if the latter would be worse, you'd have to swallow that pill because letting a rapist get the most powerful office in the world doesn't seem like the right thing to do...

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Does the Democratic Party writ large even care about sexual assault? Last year a woman talked in graphic detail about being raped by Trump, and no one in the Democratic Party leadership even made a peep about it. I think too many are assuming Kavanaugh is a precedent instead of an abnormal situation.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Their frontrunner's rape allegations blowing up beyond the media attention of Kavanaugh thanks to right wing attention?

Even if the latter would be worse, you'd have to swallow that pill because letting a rapist get the most powerful office in the world doesn't seem like the right thing to do...
we can survive Biden stepping down. He's not an Obama with a big following. He's just a comfort selection. Just about any of the previous candidates of consequence could beat Trump. Hell, the base may even be more enthusiastic, as the party would have reminded us all that they have standards and expectations. That being a Dem means something more than just politics.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Their frontrunner's rape allegations blowing up beyond the media attention of Kavanaugh thanks to right wing attention?

Realistically I think the Democrat party figureheads would prefer losing with Biden than trying to switch now and navigate that clusterfuck. Biden pleases their corporate donors, they can keep denying it, and he got enough votes for him to be pushed as the presumptive nominee. If Biden loses they can blame COVID-19 and run another POS centrist in 2024. Their careers will be fine.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay, now back to reality where you already know he won't do that.

we need more pressure.

more pressure from all angles, yes.

but really, reps can ignore our calls. they can't ignore the media. we need the media to stop ignoring this shit. the more times they put a camera in Joe's face asking about this, the more untenable his candidacy becomes.

Pressure. Bursts. Pipes.
The media has been ultra reluctant on this story, whatever the reason may be, but if there's a big enough push to get Biden to drop then they might broadcast it.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I'm just saying, if the Republican/GOP party is smart, they won't bring it up. Trump's already had bad issues throughout the past three & a quarter years & with the way of how badly he had handled the coronavirus epidemic.

Doing something like this will only resurrect Trump's past in which most people will get riled up even more as people will think that they're trying to smear Biden will call out on the GOP on their hypocrisy for allowing Trump to be president for the exact same issues.

From my point of view, attacking Joe with it directly leaves Joe with only two defenses :

- You did it too
- I didn't do anything like that Jack

Both lead to embarassement considering all the corroborations that are currently coming out. There's also the chance that it makes Joe say weird things about women, or even about Tara in particular.

Trump's past is well-known. It's all we've been talking about since he started running for president. Every single media pundit mentions it over and over again. It's mentionned on Twitter, on TV, on Instagram, everywhere. People joke about it in humoristic shows, journalists mention it all the time, reporter mention it offhanded in reports. There are columns about it, documentaries, books about it. It's out there. His voters obviously don't give a shit.

The Biden issue currently is that it's still not that public because it's not broadcasted in the mainstream.

I don't think there's any way this ends well for Joe or the Democrats. Even if he wins, just imagine the ramifications of this. Force him to resign? How the fuck do you do that? You just elected him. Even if he does, you just elected him. You're now as bad as Republicans who vote for an alleged rapist. It's just my opinion at the end of the day, but this is fucked up. If you do bring yourself up to vote for Biden because he's not as bad as Trump, do it. But live with the reality that you're voting for an alleged rapist. And own it.

Sure am happy I don't have to vote in this.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm proud that our community, is talking about this much more than other spaces. As much back and forth as there has been here, that there's even a discussion puts us ahead of most places.

I want Biden to step down, but given that stories detailing Reade's account in the NYT and in the mainstream media hasn't shifted polling one bit, and given that Donald Trump was elected President despite being on tape bragging about committing sexual assault, and given that the list of men accused of rape or sexual assault who suffered consequences in any way is extremely short (and the list of people who suffered when there wasn't or couldn't be charges filed is even shorter), I've come to the conclusion that despite #metoo that very few people actually care.

And that there really isn't much partisan difference there. That's depressing as hell to me, but that's the conclusion I came to.

Reade was right to come forwards, and I severely doubt that any Biden loss will be attributed to his actions back in 1993.

We've still got a shit load of work to do to fight for victims to be believed.

Maybe when (and if) this story isn't playing in the background of novel Coronavirus news, it'll start moving polls, but I have so little faith given the world around me that it's going to.

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
Biden will lose even more progressives over this. He will probably also get even less of the progressive vote than Hilary did. How does he expect to win like this?

I think most people would be happy if Biden stepped down and let ANYONE else in the primary take his votes.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any way this ends well for Joe or the Democrats. Even if he wins, just imagine the ramifications of this. Force him to resign? How the fuck do you do that? You just elected him. Even if he does, you just elected him. You're now as bad as Republicans who vote for an alleged rapist. It's just my opinion at the end of the day, but this is fucked up. If you do bring yourself up to vote for Biden because he's not as bad as Trump, do it. But live with the reality that you're voting for an alleged rapist. And own it.

Trump literally talked about "grabbing women by the ___" on tape and he still got elected. Boomers are so jaded to this stuff, or so machiavellian in making the presidency a transaction for their social agenda, that they probably wouldn't bat much of an eye for Biden. Will it look bad for the Democratic party, absolutely. Will it suck to vote for the guy? You bet. But would it hurt Biden's election chances much? I seriously doubt it.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I hate to say it, a world of more trump will be horrible. Vote joe in, but impeach him or resign once in and let VP take over. This is the only way.

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just saying, if the Republican/GOP party are smart, they won't bring it up. Trump's already had bad issues throughout the past three & a quarter years & with the way of how badly he had handled the coronavirus epidemic.

Doing something like this will only resurrect Trump's past in which most people will get riled up even more as people will think that they're trying to smear Biden & will call out on the GOP on their hypocrisy for allowing Trump to be president for the exact same issues.

Lol in what world do you live? They will absolutely bring it up (they already are!) on the correct assumption that this hurts Biden with his base waaaaaaaay more than Trump.

In fact, you couldn't make up a single more favorable environment to an incumbent, reality-tv populist like Trump than a depressing, sensationalist shitfest about sexual misconduct where everyone ends up looking like a degenerate crook.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, we have two rapists running for president. One is going to win.

if i have to choose between two rapists i'm going to have to look at it not as a vote for that man but a vote the administration and policy changes that come with that man.

that's the only way i can still vote for Biden.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm proud that our community, is talking about this much more than other spaces. As much back and forth as there has been here, that there's even a discussion puts us ahead of most places.

I want Biden to step down, but given that stories detailing Reade's account in the NYT and in the mainstream media hasn't shifted polling one bit, and given that Donald Trump was elected President despite being on tape bragging about committing sexual assault, and given that the list of men accused of rape or sexual assault who suffered consequences in any way is extremely short (and the list of people who suffered when there wasn't or couldn't be charges filed is even shorter), I've come to the conclusion that despite #metoo that very few people actually care.

And that there really isn't much partisan difference there. That's depressing as hell to me, but that's the conclusion I came to.

Reade was right to come forwards, and I severely doubt that any Biden loss will be attributed to his actions back in 1993.

Maybe when (and if) this story isn't playing in the background of novel Coronavirus news, it'll start moving polls, but I have so little faith given the world around me that it's going to.
Keep in mind that TV stations up until very recently had not aired the allegation of rape beyond a few minutes. MSNBC did around a 7 minute segment like a week back. No one was even headlining it besides Fox News, and as far as I have seen, even they had not ran it on air up until a couple of days ago (along with CNN).

My parents watch TV quite a bit/generally follow news and had no idea about it until I told them, very recently.

Not saying it will impact polling, but lots of people still don't know about it because it's not blasted all over the news like COVID or something dumb Trump said/did.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once you vote for Biden there's no leverage to have him resign from office. You have given away the only leverage that you had. A vote for Biden is a vote for a Biden presidency.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The democratic voter base got radicalized to singleminded Anti-Trump voters, likely due to media overconsumption. You see it everywhere. The one and only thing on millions of voter's minds right now is "Defeat Trump at all costs". And that's totally understandable, but it's also heavily abusable. We're seeing it in direct action now.

The voters are totally okay with turning back the clock on the modern feminist movement and slide hard to the right to stop Trump. We're also seeing it with the acceptance of the "yellow panic" narrative that Biden and Pelosi are in the process of pushing. I fear that Trump, ironically, is going to destroy OUR party's morals by proxy of him being such a horrible person that we'll do anything to defeat.

I too am glad that this site seems to see through to this for the most part too. What's happening to the moral core of this party is extremely alarming and wholly unacceptable.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate to say it, a world of more trump will be horrible. Vote joe in, but impeach him or resign once in and let VP take over. This is the only way.

people gotta stop acting like this is in any way realistic. it's naive at best and it honestly just comes off as a deflection because we all know damn well dems aren't electing someone with the intent to immediately impeach them.

it's april. there's time. would've been more time too if people actually believe women when they come forward.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people gotta stop acting like this is in any way realistic. it's naive at best and it honestly just comes off as a deflection because we all know damn well dems aren't electing someone with the intent to immediately impeach them.

it's april. there's time. would've been more time if people actually believed women when they come forward.
What's naive is thinking there is any universe where Joe isn't the nominee. It's done. People need to accept that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The media has been ultra reluctant on this story, whatever the reason may be, but if there's a big enough push to get Biden to drop then they might broadcast it.
That push won't come from the people. The people are petrified that Trump could get re-elected, so your average person will want to bury their heads in the sand. You have to realize that a lot of people just want this to go away. Not because they feel one way or the other about the truth behind the allegations, but because of what it could mean for Trump's benefit. That it could rob Democrats (not Joe, but us) of Supreme Court seats, national sanity, international respect, and so much more.

The pressure must be book-ended by the media or he probably won't be pushed out (or leave). They must lead and push us from behind, kicking and screaming if need be.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I don't think it's going to matter how many come out to corroborate her story. People hate Trump way too much to even consider risking getting rid of him to have Biden step down months before the election. Maybe if this story wasn't in the background of COVID it might have more steam, but with the virus and related Trump briefings dominating all attention, and directing everyone's anger towards Trump, it doesn't seem like this story is going to really move the needle in terms of the election.

This is different from the Kavanaugh situation which was basically the only thing going on, and he was already in the midst of a congressional review for what would be a lifetime appointment, rather than a 4 year presidency.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory accusations, prior ban for inflammatory false equivalence

As I said earlier, I don't want Trump to win again. Having Trump win again affects all minorities like me. If people refuse to vote for Biden due to this, then they don't care about people like me or saving America as a whole.

Biden's not even my favorite, as I voted for Bernie for the Democratic nomination, & even though he's just as bad as Trump with these allegations, I'd still take him over Trump anyday.

Deleted member 2699

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's naive is thinking there is any universe where Joe isn't the nominee. It's done. People need to accept that.

It's less naive then thinking we can somehow hold him accountable AFTER we make him president. You don't hold powerful men accountable by giving them more power. We learned that with Trump. It's we either we do this now or we don't do anything those are the two choices.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Boy I sure can't wait until November when I can vote for the rapist centrist over the rapist fascist.

Just like Dr. Ford I expect two things to happen
1. Jack
2. Shit

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
As I said earlier, I don't want Trump to win again. Having Trump win again affects all minorities like me. If people refuse to vote for Biden due to shit like this, then they don't care about people like me or saving America as a whole.

Biden's not even my favorite, & even though he's just as bad as Trump with these allegations, I'd still take him over Trump anyday.
I'm a minority as well, but I don't think trying to shame people into voting for Biden is fair or productive. I just don't let anyone shame me into *not* voting for him. Come November, I'm voting against Trump, and I'm quite unapologetic about that fact.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
The democratic voter base got radicalized to singleminded Anti-Trump voters, likely due to media overconsumption. You see it everywhere. The one and only thing on millions of voter's minds right now is "Defeat Trump at all costs". And that's totally understandable, but it's also heavily abusable. We're seeing it in direct action now.

The voters are totally okay with turning back the clock on the modern feminist movement and slide hard to the right to stop Trump. We're also seeing it with the acceptance of the "yellow panic" narrative that Biden and Pelosi are in the process of pushing. I fear that Trump, ironically, is going to destroy OUR party's morals by proxy of him being such a horrible person that we'll do anything to defeat.

Turning back the clock? If Trump gets another term there's a good chance that he will get to pick two additional Supreme Court justices. You can kiss goodbye to abortion rights and any kind of feminist agenda. For generations of women. Not to mention the normalization of racist policies and the corruption of every democratic institution we have. Not to mention truly, literally disastrous repercussions for climate change and the environment.

I totally understand the moral question of supporting or voting for Biden. But please do not make equal the two candidates on policy and social movement outcomes. One would be damaging, the other would be all-out war against anyone who is not a white male and/or Trump sycophant.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I don't think it's going to matter how many come out to corroborate her story. People hate Trump way too much to even consider risking getting rid of him to have Biden step down months before the election. Maybe if this story wasn't in the background of COVID it might have more steam, but with the virus and related Trump briefings dominating all attention, and directing everyone's anger towards Trump, it doesn't seem like this story is going to really move the needle in terms of the election.

This is different from the Kavanaugh situation which was basically the only thing going on, and he was already in the midst of a congressional review for what would be a lifetime appointment, rather than a 4 year presidency.
Honestly I feel you are right. If COVID 19 didnt happen and the economy didnt go down as fast as it did, then this story would be huge. Right now the entire country is facing a pandemic and has caused too much damage that is horrifying enough. I think people are just going to focus on the larger picture here.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said earlier, I don't want Trump to win again. Having Trump win again affects all minorities like me. If people refuse to vote for Biden due to this, then they don't care about people like me or saving America as a whole.

Biden's not even my favorite, as I voted for Bernie for the Democratic nomination, & even though he's just as bad as Trump with these allegations, I'd still take him over Trump anyday.

As one of the people who Biden already threw under the bus, I'm gonna do you a favor and tell you that I cannot give less fucks about the "vote Biden or you don't care about me" plea, so you should adopt a different strategy to woo votes.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's less naive then thinking we can somehow hold him accountable AFTER we make him president. You don't hold powerful men accountable by giving them more power. We learned that with Trump. It's we either we do this now or we don't do anything those are the two choices.
You do it now and all you accomplish is give Trump an easier shot at re-election. The more this ramps up, the more powerful Trump becomes. It's unbelievably tragic... but it's true. It's too late for dems to rally behind a new candidate. It's Joe or Trump.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that despite #metoo that very few people actually care.

Yeah, I think that not many people care when it really comes down to it. And of the people that do care a decent amount may only care/be willing to do something when it doesn't conflict with other priorities. Depressingly I fall into the later category.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Joe BIden isn't the nominee yet. He's still "presumptive." There is still time to not nominate this predator.

Deleted member 2699

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How the fuck are you going to hold him accountable if he is elected President? It's fine if you vote for him because you think Trump is to dangerous, but don't fucking lie to yourself that you'll able to get him to step down or impeach him after the fact. Making Biden president will make him completely immune from any consequences of his prior actions. Those are facts.