• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which major remake are you more hyped for?

• Resident Evil 3. I'm ready for Jill Valentine's Last Escape.

Votes: 741 33.7%
  • Final Fantasy VII. Let's mosey.

Votes: 1,459 66.3%

• Total voters

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like horror games at all and FF7 was my favorite game as a kid, especially the Midgar section.

So yeah, FF7R and it's not even close.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually more looking forward to FFVII, albeit only a little.

I'm a huge, huge Resident Evil fan so I'm very excited to sink my teeth into RE3 but I'm not expecting any real major changes. It'll be an updated and very nice looking version of a game I've already played.

On the contrary FFVII:P1, by the very nature of its existence, has to be much bigger than the Midgar segment of the original FFVII and that just excites me more. Going back to a major part of a game and seeing so much more of it is an opportunity rarely afforded and Square Enix can't half-arse it because this game has to blow our fucking minds otherwise people who aren't already fans of FFVII might not buy the subsequent parts.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
RE3 and it's not even close. FFVII isn't my favourite FF and it only covers basically the (very long) Intro section of the game.

Can't wait for RE3

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I'll absolutely buy and love REmake 3 but FFVIIR looks like it has way higher production values, overall polish and way more respect for its original game feel, tone and art direction.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to both, however because of the timed exclusive bullshit that's still going on I was actually thinking about skipping FF7R, only because I know the PC version will be a much, much better experience for me, it's PC so automatically that's the case, but a year wait is just a little bit too much for me that I'll probably end up getting FF7R anyway for the PS4.
RE3 was always a lock since it's PC and a game I'm really looking forward to.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
I mean, I know RE3 will be awesome, thanks to RE2 Remake & all, but FFVII Remake is something I'm waiting for since the original PS3 tech demo so I gotta go with that.

Oct 25, 2017
More hyped for FFVII because I adored the demo, fantastic batlte system.

But it's far more expensive in my region, so I'm only playing RE3 for now. Costs literally 3 times as much as RE3 did.

Not too upset about this, though, as I'm a huge fan of RE, 3 is my favorite classic RE, and I just generally love Capcom.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I still haven't even beaten Re2Make, but the re3Make demo was fun, will check out later but ff7 is definitely comes first

I wanna see what the hype about 7 is

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I think everyone knows and are referring more to the original story being incomplete, personally I think if they tried to fit the whole thing in 1 game they inevitably would have had to cut a lot out, which is a lot worse than just waiting a long time...

Since when does bigger = better? These RE remakes being short and focused works in their favor. And RE3 is a complete story, not just the promise of one, someday.

Not saying it does. This looks bigger and even higher production value to me. Coupled with that regardles of what you think about FFVIIR's somewhat convoluted and eclectic narrative, it is no comparison to RE games. I would take the midgar story over any RE game narratives. I won't deny RE games are iconic and the stories are entertaining cheese.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Never really got into the resident evil series. Played the FF7 demo and adored it and can't wait to get stuck in. Shame it isn't out sooner as I'm working from home in isolation.

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
Re3. Funny I loved FF7 more back when it first came out. But I find it hard to get excited for an incomplete game. And I have not liked any of the recent ff games so I am not convinced of the changes.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
FF7 because it looks very promising. I've already played RE2 (my GOTY 2019) and RE3 looks like more of it, but takes it in a direction that I don't like that much.

notBald

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more excited for FF7. I don't have the patience for RPG I once had, but at the very least I'm going to check out the remixed music. FF7 has awesome music.
I don't like horror games at all and FF7 was my favorite game as a kid, especially the Midgar section.
I've never played RE3, but RE1 was more of a comedy game. Horror comedy perhaps. It is the game where the "Jill Sandwich" joke stems from. Maybe RE3 is more serious, but RE1 didn't take itself seriously at all.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Never been into Final Fantasy. RE3 is reimagining of an ok'ish game. Looked great and there were rumors about fully dynamic Nemesis encounters. From what i have seen the latter is questionable and the demo did not sold me. Waiting for impressions.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
As much as I really enjoyed RE2 Remake, I didn't really enjoy RE3 all that much on the original Playstation. I'll get RE3 Remake eventually, but I've been playing Final Fantasy since FF1. FF7 was a huge game for me back when I was a kid, and I'm unbelievably excited for FF7 Remake.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm nowhere near as excited about either of these as most of you lot are, but I'll still play and enjoy both. Although I enjoyed the RE3 demo quite a bit more than the FFVIIR demo, and I have no nostalgia for either as wasn't much interested in either franchise when the original games released. One thing is for sure, both look stunning in HDR.

Nov 4, 2017
FF7 is the one I have childhood attachment to and the one I played during it's relevance. I didn't play RE3 until just before RE2Make came out

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
While I absolutely love re2 remake and will likely enjoy 3, there is just something about Final Fantasy VII that seems more exciting to me.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
When both of the original games came out, I was in my senior highschool day. When the remakes comes out next month, I will be 39, married, and have 3 kids. The kids are waiting for these games. Sure I'm the one who will play it but they will definitely watching my playthrough.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
I think RE 1-3 are bad games (well, RE 2 is okay) and have played FF7 nearly a dozen times.

That's why I'm much more excited for the RE 3 remake. Playing the RE 2 remake last year was the first time I actually enjoyed the game and if they can capture that same magic in RE 3 I'm going to have a ton of fun.

FF7 never needed a remake, I'm completely indifferent to it's existence because:

1) I've played the game numerous times already
2) I can always just play that game

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
More hyped for FFVII because I adored the demo, fantastic batlte system.

But it's far more expensive in my region, so I'm only playing RE3 for now. Costs literally 3 times as much as RE3 did.

Not too upset about this, though, as I'm a huge fan of RE, 3 is my favorite classic RE, and I just generally love Capcom.
Dang, where do you live?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Didn't play either of the originals back in the 90s.

Was impressed by RE2 Remake, so I pre-ordered R3make when it was on 25% off order.

FF7R isn't coming to PC (yet) so I'll look at it once it does.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
The FF7 demo ruled and I replayed it 2 more times before uninstalling it. I uninstalled the RE3 demo after like 15 minutes lmao. So bad.

Either way more excited for the Trials of Mana remake coming a little bit after these 2 games.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil. I'm waiting for the pc version of FF7. It seems like a game that deserves 60 fps.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
RE3 is the only mainline Resident Evil I never played. So I was leaning toward that. But I might just watch Huber and Kyle do a complete play through on Easy Allies.

FF7 demo sold me. So I'm on board for that one. I might play in classic mode for nostalgia sake.

Jan 29, 2018
Simply curious, is there anyone excited for FF7 that hasn't played the original? I missed it back in the day and what I'm seeing now isn't doing anything for me.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy 7... only because I'm very satisfied playing through Resident Evil 2 right now.

Taneleer

Dec 20, 2017
PNW
Initially FF7, but after playing the demos for both, I'm more excited for Resident Evil 3. I'll get FF7 down the road, maybe when the next chapter is close to release.