• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As it should be. Honestly I wouldn't blame Canada or any other country from just outright cutting out the US as a viable ally even when the threat of COVID is eradicated because this past half year let alone the past 4 years have shown we're willing to endanger ourselves and other nations for the purpose of protecting the egos and wallets of a cruel and vindictive political party & president. We honestly probably shouldn't be fully trusted as long as there is a possibility in this country that the GOP as it is currently potentially has a shot in the future of gaining positions of vital and critical nationwide and global decision-making. It's kind of a godsend that the virus has a mortality rate as low as it is currently because this country would be in shambles (well at least and exponentially larger amount of shambles than currently) and our surrounding neighbors would feel the ripple effects if we were dealing with a much much more deadly infection.
Good thing Canada literally cannot even consider "cutting the US out as an ally" then.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
jsBuyb.jpg

State of Delaware decided to open
boardwalk and beaches. New infection spike is incoming shortly, people are being dumb and selfish. Most people don't give a flying fuck about social distancing nor wearing masks.

Ps. If Death wears the mask then you should too.

Wow amazing lol

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in Michigan are literally driving to Ohio to go to bars.

Watching all these fuckheads just pretending everything is back to normal has my blood pressure at maximum.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Was the very next day numbers way down ? Going to be interesting to see how the week gose.

But yeah here people are acting as if everything is normal. It's crazy

Last edited:

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Went for a grocery run yesterday. The number of people wearing masks was only about 40% of the shoppers and only a handful wore gloves. Seems like a lot of people think things are back to normal since stores reopened.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Seeing cousins in other states (Florida and a few others) posting IG stories at the gym, no masks or social distancing from those vids.

Even here in the Bay Area (East Bay), there was a HUGE classic car show down the street on Saturday. Passed by it while driving back from the store and there must've been about 1500 people shoulder to shoulder with no masks on.

People truly just don't care.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I was worried when I had to go to get a painful cracked filling fixed and I was impressed with our dentist. Temperature check, wait in car, the docs had face mask and face shields, only was in contact with dentist and assistant.

My tooth started hurting the day that the state of Ohio allowed dentists to reopen And I called immediately before the rush. I still have to wait a week but they were only letting one person at a time in and doing essentially the same thing you're saying. I felt interrogated before I could leave my car to go in lol. Also my dentist was in full PPE gear with the face shield and everything.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Seeing cousins in other states (Florida and a few others) posting IG stories at the gym, no masks or social distancing from those vids.

Even here in the Bay Area (East Bay), there was a HUGE classic car show down the street on Saturday. Passed by it while driving back from the store and there must've been about 1500 people shoulder to shoulder with no masks on.

People truly just don't care.

I went shopping at Wal Mart the other day in Florida and while they had barricades and employees at the entrance, about half the people I saw weren't wearing a mask inside.

Speaking of Florida
www.clickorlando.com

777 new cases of coronavirus announced hours before Florida enters ‘full phase one’

As Florida prepares to enter ‘full phase one’ of reopening positive coronavirus cases across the state continue to rise.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I always find the argument that it's "just meat plants causing the spike " to be disingenuous. They live somewhere? They have to shop? They have families? All spreads it.

if we want to remove groups at will my area would look amazing. 83% of the deaths in my county and 35% of the positives are from nursing homes. People who work there are allowed to leave and do other things when they aren't working. You can't ignore that

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I always find the argument that it's "just meat plants causing the spike " to be disingenuous. They live somewhere? They have to shop? They have families? All spreads it.

if we want to remove groups at will my area would look amazing. 83% of the deaths in my county and 35% of the positives are from nursing homes. People who work there are allowed to leave and do other things when they aren't working. You can't ignore that

It's why people who work in statistical analysis hate people who don't understand it getting involved. I got in a long conversation about data modeling with someone on Facebook who just kept making stuff up that wasn't based on any premise. Like, we have plenty of old data to backtest any of these theories on, and the only one that consistently comes up is prolonged contact = high infection %. Every single individual case always has extenuating circumstances to it (oh, its because they went to a birthday party" "They are married to a nurse", etc, etc). It's why you look at aggregated data and you use rolling averages to account for temporary blips caused by one-off events and not try and just explain away the spike.

That spike could potentially lead to a secondary or tertiary spike as you mentioned.

It's also a real weird take "People in close-quarters to each other for long periods of time is the only reason they got it, normal people are totally fine" "Let's reopen packed bars and offices"

Oct 28, 2017
I'm worried about Florida. People are everywhere this weekend and everything isn't even fully open yet.
I think Jersey is going to spike back up again too. Look at this line of people waiting for beach badges in Belmar the other day. The people up front look okay, but as it went back it got worse with fewer masks and less social distancing.

best_crop_cef2101e81026a0abfe6_mini_magick20200516-14796-cyoqhb.jpg

Sure does seem that way. America got tired of waiting out the virus so they said they said screw it and started going back to old routines. We're still about 8-12 months away from a vaccine so buckle up
It really does seem that way.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So many people in America just don't believe it's a big deal... until it happens to them.

Hitchens said that he was once among those who thought the coronavirus "is a fake crisis" that was "blown out of proportion" and "wasn't that serious."

That changed when he started to feel sick in April and stopped working, he wrote.

Hitchens said he "had just enough energy" to drive himself and his wife to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center on April 19, where they both tested positive for the virus.

"They admitted us right away and we both went to ICU," he wrote. "I started feeling better within a few days but my wife got worse to the point where they sedated her and put her on the ventilator."

www.nbcnews.com

He thought the coronavirus was 'a fake crisis.' Then he contracted it and changed his mind.

Brian Hitchens said he thought that the coronavirus "is a fake crisis" that was "blown out of proportion" and "wasn't that serious."

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's going to be an interesting next 2-3 weeks

More like next 1-2 months. Issue we're going to have is that while states have 're-opened' there's still been a lot of trepidation by a lot of the general public. But I think now, mentally a lot of people have hit a fatigue point where more and more are going to embrace 'going back to normal' and as more and more businesses open, this will get more and more fueled. Even here on Long Island, you can sense how people are hitting their limit and starting to embrace the good weather. State Beaches open next week and my bet is they will be absolutely packed. Everyone is wearing masks in stores because of the executive order, but I see more and more people outside not wearing them. So I think over the next month you're going to see alot more human to human contact happening and since there will be a lag, we won't see the full effects for probably another month after that. And this next month, each day where it isn't the apocalypse is going to embolden more and more people to throw caution to the wind.

**I've seen people talk about Georgia and how the cases haven't skyrocketed since they've been open for 2 weeks, but if you look at restaurant and other retail activity, the last 2 weeks have still been WAY down compared to normal. With no spike from that, many more people will be emboldened and the closer we get back to regular social activity is when the virus gets a whole new second life imo.

All the while, you have a President who is literally urging people to just go back to normal and ride the virus out. I PRAY I am wrong, but I think it'll be too late by the time things start going out of control again and we're back to locking up, and this time even more of the country will be locked down and health systems all over will be stressed, not just those in the big hotspots when this first hit.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More like next 1-2 months. Issue we're going to have is that while states have 're-opened' there's still been a lot of trepidation by a lot of the general public. But I think now, mentally a lot of people have hit a fatigue point where more and more are going to embrace 'going back to normal' and as more and more businesses open, this will get more and more fueled. Even here on Long Island, you can sense how people are hitting their limit and starting to embrace the good weather. State Beaches open next week and my bet is they will be absolutely packed. Everyone is wearing masks in stores because of the executive order, but I see more and more people outside not wearing them. So I think over the next month you're going to see alot more human to human contact happening and since there will be a lag, we won't see the full effects for probably another month after that. And this next month, each day where it isn't the apocalypse is going to embolden more and more people to throw caution to the wind.

**I've seen people talk about Georgia and how the cases haven't skyrocketed since they've been open for 2 weeks, but if you look at restaurant and other retail activity, the last 2 weeks have still been WAY down compared to normal. With no spike from that, many more people will be emboldened and the closer we get back to regular social activity is when the virus gets a whole new second life imo.

All the while, you have a President who is literally urging people to just go back to normal and ride the virus out. I PRAY I am wrong, but I think it'll be too late by the time things start going out of control again and we're back to locking up, and this time even more of the country will be locked down and health systems all over will be stressed, not just those in the big hotspots when this first hit.
Absolutely on the fatigue point. The last weekend me and my friends hung out, one guy beat us to it and said no because he was doing self isolation. Now he's the one who's been getting together with family like three weekends in a row. Him and his gf are just fed up I think. Love him to death but I don't get it.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
People are tired of it and America is garbage. It feels like all my pain and sacrifice is about to be wasted.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
They keep saying everybody must follow the safety guidelines, but we know people aren't doing that.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Abbot's on TV making my blood boil again. I thank god our summer camp was canceled but I'm almost positive today's news will spur them to find a way to make it happen.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
They keep saying everybody must follow the safety guidelines, but we know people aren't doing that.
It's all bullshit. Gov. doesn't give a shit.

Granted I am not so fearful on simply walking outside. But once people start packing themselves indoors going EVERYWHERE, we are going to be in trouble.

Edit: Also, I don't regret the Quarantine. I got to spend time with those who I love the most (wife/kids) So yes, it was for safety, but it was also very enriching. I am glad we got to spend the time together. The work grind can often get in the way of such moments.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It's all bullshit. Gov. doesn't give a shit.

Granted I am not so fearful on simply walking outside. But once people start packing themselves indoors going EVERYWHERE, we are going to be in trouble.

Edit: Also, I don't regret the Quarantine. I got to spend time with those who I love the most (wife/kids) So yes, it was for safety, but it was also very enriching. I am glad we got to spend the time together. The work grind can often get in the way of such moments.

This 100 percent

It's gonna get bad when everything opens up 😠

Deleted member 63846

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Government is spinning absolute reckless action as a positive because I guess that is the "Texas Spirit". I can't trust anyone to adhere to any safety guidelines on the scale required to actually bring down the numbers with Texas now entering "phase 2". There's been a bingo place opened for weeks since they entered "phase 1" and the parking lot was packed every single day of the week since. These people don't care, and these people make up the majority of this state.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Phase 2 officially already began, in addition to the Phase 1, these are open:

New, Now in Effect as of May 18, 2020
Effective May 18, 2020

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they sure bailed out after that question about people not social distancing or wearing masks.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Wife said they put out a chart saying testing was going up while new cases was going down? I thought the tracking project numbers were showing otherwise

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Phase 2 officially already began, in addition to the Phase 1, these are open:

New, Now in Effect as of May 18, 2020
Effective May 18, 2020

is the R0 at < 1 now?

Jul 3, 2019
American is going to have a very deadly summer, but I guarantee a lot of media is going to intentionally not report on it or minimize it.