• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Color Dualsense Will You Get?

• Midnight Black

Votes: 416 51.5%
  • Cosmic Red

Votes: 319 39.5%
  • Both

Votes: 112 13.9%

• Total voters

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
They should have made the lower part anotehr colour but logistically it seems that part is manufactured in masses and won't bother investing in changing it, so it was not a matter of perspective that they missed now but mostly cost.
The lower part of the black controller is a different colour though? It's black on the white controller, but dark blue on the black.

Screenshot_2021-05-13_at_16.41.18.png

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Nice to have some new colors in addition to the standard one. I think these new ones are pretty good, and hope there's some more fun colors and designs to be released in the future.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Well, 👏 to ShopTo for being the first online shop I've come across to randomly not get over the trans barrier I guess. Had to log in with my old deadname email and account, use the exact same card and it worked instantly. Whack.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...wish getting a PS5 was as easy as this, lol. I knew it kind of was last year for pre orders but still.

I usually get different color controllers for others that come over n play. Make it alot easier.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're up for preorder directly through Sony, but I thought I saw people have complained that Sony takes forever to deliver... Might just wait until Amazon, Best Buy or Target show up.

Everything I have ever ordered from Sony Direct has arrived on time and quickly. If you're a PS+ member, you get free expedited shipping (FedEx Express). I never opt for the standard shipping which may be the reason why people have complained?

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
ShopTo not wanting to verify any of my cards is definitely the frustrating element of the day it seems. Incredible how they work with literally every other shop on the internet. What a genius idea to have your live chat support be Facebook too, so can't even use that.
The site lag when its a "high demand" item is ridiculous and no idea their chat was on Facebook. That's dumb as hell

It might be with the "1 per customer "items that it won't let you buy it as a guest and you need to log in? I'm not sure.

There's still some left on GameCollection if it's still giving you grief.

[Update] Just saw your recent post. My apologies.

Please ignore my bullshit post. That sucks.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, they got charging stations in stock too?

Production ramped for accessories I see....hmmmm.
Everything I have ever ordered from Sony Direct has arrived on time and quickly. If you're a PS+ member, you get free expedited shipping (FedEx Express). I never opt for the standard shipping which may be the reason why people have complained?
Yup, I wish I had gotten my PS5 thru them. I pre ordered all the accessories and they all came a few days early. Was the best experience I had with these next gen consoles.

Even the communication was good with them about the pre orders, they sent emails about a week or 2 before shipping telling ppl to make sure address and payment info was straight to avoid any delays or cancellations.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I have no need for an additional controller but that black one looks great.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The site lag when its a "high demand" item is ridiculous and no idea their chat was on Facebook. That's dumb as hell

It might be with the "1 per customer "items that it won't let you buy it as a guest and you need to log in? I'm not sure.

There's still some left on GameCollection if it's still giving you grief.

[Update] Just saw your recent post. My apologies.

Please ignore my prior bullshit. That sucks.
Haha no problem, and it wasn't bullshit. Appreciate you looking out and trying to help, thank you. I would have gone straight to GC but they seemed to have sold out of the black one when I peeped. Genuinely no idea what's up with ShopTo but I sent through a support request. Makes no sense to me, I've been using these cards everywhere under my new name but they just straight blanked on this system. Certainly isn't on my bank's end either as I get app notifications whenever a transaction is rejected with the reason (wrong address, wrong expiry etc.).

Just bizarre. Logged into the old email, used one of the cards I was trying and just insta-worked. Not a great customer experience that's for sure, but at least I've got an order for both locked in. Just annoying it's currently under the wrong name, wrong email and going to the wrong address lol.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Yup, I wish I had gotten my PS5 thru them. I pre ordered all the accessories and they all came a few days early. Was the best experience I had with these next gen consoles.

Even the communication was good with them about the pre orders, they sent emails about a week or 2 before shipping telling ppl to make sure address and payment info was straight to avoid any delays or cancellations.
Well shit. Might as well try them and see how it goes. Not like I don't have working controllers in the meantime.

EDIT: They claim free (for Plus members) release date delivery, and if anything I'm pretty sure this purchase will be added to my Sony Rewards account anyway. Was hoping for Target since I'd get 5% off, but oh well.

Last edited:

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Preordered the red one. Not even a week ago I bought another dual sense to try and get my wife to play It Takes Two with me, and then these are announced haha. Whatever, both of these new colors look cool. I wonder what I can do with my other white one when this red one arrives? Haven't been to GameStop in years, I wonder if they take dual sense trade ins or something.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Controllers are up on Amazon (praise be to Wario64). Ordered both. Love the red, not sure on the black but rather order and have them than not be able to find it later.

modernkicks

Apr 7, 2020
I was about to finally buy a 2nd dual sense soon so the timing on this is perfect

just pre-ordered the cosmic red one on amazon

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The lower part of the black controller is a different colour though? It's black on the white controller, but dark blue on the black.

Screenshot_2021-05-13_at_16.41.18.png
I think it's the same color on both - "off black" with a slightly blue tint. It just looks like pure black when contrasting with with white shell. You can see it in this custom job:

R5bfSDr8paNtLKd5u4Tivk.jpg

Edit: It's obvious in this picture too:

ps5-controller-on-switch-hero2.jpg

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Haha no problem, and it wasn't bullshit. Appreciate you looking out and trying to help, thank you. I would have gone straight to GC but they seemed to have sold out of the black one when I peeped. Genuinely no idea what's up with ShopTo but I sent through a support request. Makes no sense to me, I've been using these cards everywhere under my new name but they just straight blanked on this system. Certainly isn't on my bank's end either as I get app notifications whenever a transaction is rejected with the reason (wrong address, wrong expiry etc.).

Just bizarre. Logged into the old email, used one of the cards I was trying and just insta-worked. Not a great customer experience that's for sure, but at least I've got an order for both locked in. Just annoying it's currently under the wrong name, wrong email and going to the wrong address lol.
Their store is absolute trash anytime a pre-order pops up. I still prefer them to GAME (Which I have just seen they actually have them on) or Amazon, but the fact they haven't remedied that storefront since the PS4 Pro days, is just wild.

But yeah, that's like some next level of bullshit as far as shopping experiences go for sure. Sorry for that. Here's hoping you can get everything sorted.

Also, I didn't see that gamecollection had sold out the midnight one. Reckon I was too fixated on that Red/Definitely 100% Pink one XD

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Very sexy especially the black one. With color coded buttons the black one would look even sexier. Hoping the PS5 slim or Pro comes in black.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I usually buy my controllers on sale during days of play but I doubt these will be cheaper this year lol. Maybe next year!