• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Cohen was speaking at the Robin Hood Investors Conference in New York on Monday, according to Bloomberg. He was joined by fellow hedge-fund billionaire Paul Tudor Jones, who agreed the market is careening toward a volatile future.

For his part, Jones said that if Elizabeth Warren were to win the election, the S&P 500 SPX, -0.08% would drop by about 25% and economic growth in the U.S. would slip to 1% from estimates of more than 2% this year.

Cohen predicted Warren only need win the Democratic nomination for a double-digit drop in the stock market to take place, according to Bloomberg's report.

The views of Cohen and Jones echo those of fellow Wall Street billionaires Rob Citrone and Leon Cooperman, in making bearish market forecasts should Warren's rise toward the White House continue.

Are you willing to take the risk, Warren-Era?

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Historical reference implying violence
Instead of listening to billionaires, we should be sharpening the guillotines.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. This never actually happens because a certain President was elected. Billionaires afraid to be taxed right there.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Trump getting voted out will be used by everyone to send the house of cards down. It is inevitable. It's all phony money.

Seven of Nine

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea if this would realistically happen. I do know that if it did, Republicans would point to it saying that Democrats destroyed the booming Trump economy.

Of course if it doesn't they'll still say that, even if a recession starts tomorrow.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this is always just a tacit acknowledgement that they know they are the principal benefactors and culprits of egregious wealth inequality.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Pathetic attempts at fearmongering because she's coming for their hoarded cash.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Many of these hedge fund managers will still do well even if the market does crash, so this really serves nothing but to stir the "eat the rich" crowd.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Sounds to me like they aren't making a prediction, rather they are trying to scare people into not voting in people who will tax them more.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Guess who needs to win the election then?

Damn. If Warren makes them uneasy, President Sanders would be the post-apocalypse to them.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Billionaires always pull out the threats when they get nervous.

Just confirms what Warren and Bernie is doing is right.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Guess who needs to win the election then?

Damn. If Warren makes them uneasy, President Sanders would be the post-apocalypse to them.

I want a Bernie win, but I always thought that he'll get stopped by the powerful men behind the scenes one way or another. Would it surprise you if he got taken out? I mean seriously - thats what happens in other countries.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I totally believe these billionaires. And why wouldn't I, it's not like they love their extreme wealth and will do and say anything to keep from them losing even a penny more of said wealth. Just really upstanding gents who are hoarding all their money from the underprivileged members of their society.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Let me wipe my tears away for the billionaires as the rest of us have to figure how we are going to get out of crippling debt from a lopsided system. Whatever makes these guys bitch and moan I am all for.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Well this will lead to more support for her.

These statements are always dumb but I like that they fear her.

Realisticly she's not getting her plan through if she becomes the president.Even if the dems run all 3 branchs it will get watered down a lot before it passes but that will still be better than where we are now. The progessives members will have to have a ton more control before anything close to Warren's or Bernie's plan passes in tact.

The progressive movement really needs an organized 50 state plan to gain more members and control in both houses and not let up until things change. Getting control state level should be a goal too but the dream requires funding as well.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I want a Bernie win, but I always thought that he'll get stopped by the powerful men behind the scenes one way or another. Would it surprise you if he got taken out? I mean seriously - thats what happens in other countries.

What the fuck lol

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017

Certainly possible, but his biggest obstruction would be Congress, specifically the GOP Senate.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I totally believe these billionaires. And why wouldn't I, it's not like they love their extreme wealth and will do and say anything to keep from them losing even a penny more of said wealth. Just really upstanding gents who are hoarding all their money from the underprivileged members of their society.

The sick thing is - that its all a game to these folks. Even after making their billions, they still need to beat the next guy or work out how to squeeze out more profits. Also most of the time, their line of thinking is - i got here from nothing, I expect everyone to do the same.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Dragons throwing a tantrum that the cash pile they stole from the commoners is at risk.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Why vote for someone predictable and with no bold ideas when you can take a chance on Warren or Bernie. Biden, Kamala, and Buttigieg offer very slight incremental change. I'm not for that any longer.