• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Watchdogs legion...madden...nba2k and for honor are in my rotation.

Watchdogs is amazing. Especially visually. Having a blast. Easily the best madden and 2ks I've ever played(I've played every entry in both series). For Honor is my evergreen game...next gen update with 60fps makes the game so much better.

I understand there isn't a next gen only visual showcase.... I'll still say this launch is pretty damn great so far anyway.

OP
OP
Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Watchdogs legion...madden...nba2k and for honor are in my rotation.

Watchdogs is amazing. Especially visually. Having a blast. Easily the best madden and 2ks I've ever played(I've played every entry in both series). For Honor is my evergreen game...next gen update with 60fps makes the game so much better.

I understand there isn't a next gen only visual showcase.... I'll still say this launch is pretty damn great so far anyway.
I've played exactly zero minutes of the Watchdogs franchise ... what could I expect from Legion?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I've played exactly zero minutes of the Watchdogs franchise ... what could I expect from Legion?

Quoting myself
Visually - It's the most impressive game I've played so far on the series x. Certain downtown areas around the map have some impressive areas where there are a lot of lights, colors, traffic and drones flying by it creates a really amazing city.

Gameplay- The entire gameplay loop can be had in the first 2 hours or so of playing. I enjoy trying to make a complete team... different characters have different strengths and it can have an affect on completing missions. I can see the game falling apart completely if you end up not liking that part of it. I've really enjoyed my time with it.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
This is what I've been playing since the Series X launched. The list is roughly in order of play time.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
Dragon Quest XI S (gp)
Forza Horizon 4 (gp)
Slay the Spire (gp)
Halo: MCC (gp)
Valkyria Chronics 4
Tetris Effect (gp)

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
As a new owner of a Series S that skipped the previous MS generation (the One) I am impressed by this service

Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 are WONDERFUL

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
My playlist since my Series X arrived:

• The Touryst (GP) - very nice game full of creative minigames/activities. And it runs at 120fps!
  • Katana Zero (GP)
  • Tetris Effect Connected (GP)
  • Sekiro - started playing it last year and loved getting back to it at 60fps after a huge gap.
  • Gato Roboto (GP) - metroidvania is my jam.
  • Super Mario Sunshine - had to solve some ... unfinished business...
  • Star Wars Squadrons - I would've waited for this to hit EA Play but I got a review code and very much enjoyed it.
  • Gears 5 Hivebusters (GP) - played in one sitting with two friends online, great time!
  • Control (GP) - I bought the Ultimate Edition and was waiting for the next-gen update... but then it came to GP, so I got a refund and just played it at 30fps...
  • Carto (GP) cute little indie :)
  • Morkredd (GP) - also done in one sitting with a friend.
Currently working on:
  • Resident Evil 7 (GP)
  • Gears 5 (GP) - I use it to take a break from the tension from RE7, and enjoy the visuals.
  • Rayman Legends - one of my favorite games on Wii U, got it for cheap for some nice platforming, looks fantastic with Auto HDR!
  • River City Girls (GP) - playing it a bit at a time with the same friend as Morkredd.
I'm certainly getting my money's worth off Game Pass. More than I've ever had before.

OP
OP
Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
My playlist since my Series X arrived:

• The Touryst (GP) - very nice game full of creative minigames/activities. And it runs at 120fps!
  • Gato Roboto (GP) - metroidvania is my jam.
Currently working on:
  • Resident Evil 7 (GP)
I'm certainly getting my money's worth off Game Pass. More than I've ever had before.
What's The Touryst all about? I know it runs at like 6K / 120fps or whatever, but what's the gameplay like?

Just played a little Gato Roboto myself this evening after reading that. It's fairly simple, but I like it for what it is. Being a cat lover certainly helps.

What are your thoughts on Resident Evil 7? I personally found it kind of difficult to motivate myself to return and play it. The game is extremely weighty and handles weird in my opinion. I was also annoyed at the times when I'm supposed to take damage for plot purposes and when I'm in actual danger of a game over. Often, it's tough to discern which is which.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Just finished DQ11S on GP and it was amazing. Gonna play through some small stuff now like the super hot expansion. Waiting to play The Medium when it comes out later in Jan.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a lot of time with MCC which is absolutely glorious @ 4K/120. Ditto for Ori, though I only dabbled in that. Bought the entire enhanced Splinter Cell series just to have them. I love those games and they look great in 4K. Played a little next gen Destiny too, but I couldn't allow myself to fall back down that hole right now.

60+ hours into Cyberpunk and I'm beyond thankful the XSX has allowed me to have a remarkably smooth experience, especially compared to what people are reporting with other consoles. I've only had a single crash caused by Quick Resume, along with a handful of minor visual hiccups. And between the boost in graphical effects, resolution, and density over other consoles it already begins to resemble a next-gen game at times.

Wasteland 3 is up next and I'm excited to finally get to it. I would've started it weeks ago if not for Demon's Souls on PS5 and CP's release looming.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I've been having a blast playing DQ11S so far. Been playing on Series X in the living room half the time and other half on my PC when my wife kicks me off the living room TV. Cross save/cross platform and auto-synching between Xbox and PC GamePass is such a blessing.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I just got the series X today (had three years of Gold ready to convert to game pass ultimate) and... holy shit. This is going to keep me busy for a while.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Got mine about a month ago.

I've played and completed:

- Cyberpunk 2077 (6/10)
- Sinkr 2 (8/10)
- Gears 5: Hivebusters (9/10)
- Twin Mirror (6/10)
- Dishonored (9/10)
- Dishonored 2 (9/10)
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (10/10)
- Bright Memory (6/10)

Currently Playing:
- Doom 2016
- Tetris Effect Connected.

Picked up a PS5 as well, and as I skipped the PS4, I've been playing catchup.

Deleted member 59

I've bought some games in the BF sale and own AC Valhalla and Falconeer but have just been playing and finishing gamepass games since launch:

The Touryst: Initially only downloaded due to file size to give me something to play while bigger games downloaded, but i loved this. Nice music, great visuals, really chill feel at times. Can't wait for a follow up.

Tell Me why: I think this shouldve been held back to launch with XSX rather than launching late August/September. Really enjoyed this. Characters i cared for and a story that goes places.

Gears 5: A next gen tour de force imo. One of the best looking games I've played. Fantastic/best in glass gunplay and shooting, likeable lead in kait and a stunning world.

Hellblade - Senuas Sacrifice: After playing this with headphones all the way through, the sequel jumps straight up to the top of my most wanted games. Amazing sound design, fantastic visuals, decent puzzles and combat, but it's the story and the battle against inner demons that make this such a memorable experience. Fantastic performance by the lead actress.

Just started Ori: Will of the wisps and the high quality hits just keep coming. This is GOTY material. Game Pass is too damn good.

Looking at what i played and finished in November, i can see the December has been a lot more inconsistent and disappointing for me. Plenty of titles started that i just ended up uninstalling and giving up on.

I only finished one title and that is Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Definitely up there with my favourite titles of this year. Just a joy to play in terms of movement, combat, music visuals and story.

Started/stopped:

Star wars Jedi Fallen Order
Rise of the tomb raider
Indivisible - found it rather repetitive after a couple hours
Call of the Sea - waiting for a performance patch

Currently playing:

Darksiders Genesis - Darksiders has always been a guilty pleasure series of mine. Rather enjoying the gameplay loop in this and combat is a great. About 2/3 the way through but stopped when i moved house. Will get back to asap.

Guacamelee 2 - loved the original so don't know why i slept on the sequel. A fantastic followup. Just working on endgame related clean up. Great platform action with combat system that is a blast.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Still have a lot to play, but I got into Destiny 2 for an online coop with a friend that also picked up Series X and that's basically all I've played. It's been a real joy

Once things slow down I'll move back to Control and Gears.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still working on AC Valhalla, with the occasional World of Warships Legends (I'm ashamed at how much I spent for it but I had to buy Scharnhorst) and Halo MCC.

Plan to play either Jedi Fallen Order or Code Vein once I finish Valhalla.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
My Series X suffered a hardware fault and have had to sent back for repair/replacement.

So experience hasn't been great

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I was lucky to get both a PS5 and a XSX at launch.
Was PS4 only last gen.

Initially just wanted the Series X for gamepass and probably already recouped my 150€ I spent for 3 years (conversion method) by playing a shit ton of Forza 7, Gears 5, FH4 and Gears Tactics.

Currently have Fallout New Vegas, The Medium, Tell me why and Control waiting.

Thing is though after playing Astrobot, Morales and Demons I haven't touched my PS5 at all.
Decided to buy 2077 and Yakuza 7 for Xbox.

Tl;dr it's great

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
What's The Touryst all about? I know it runs at like 6K / 120fps or whatever, but what's the gameplay like?
Yeah, it was the first game where I appreciated 120fps!

The game reminded me of Fez in the art style and sense of mystery. Basically you have to visit mysterious ruins in several island, and each island has a completely different vibe and theme. The game is full of side quests that are composed of unique minigames and activities, including things like soccer, surfing, music, platforming, mining and even recreations of arcade games.

The game isn't very long, but it constantly surprises you with how many different mechanics they put in. Definitely worth a play.

And it's made by Shin'en so the lighting is quite gorgeous.

OP
OP
Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Waiting to play The Medium when it comes out later in Jan.
Same! Pre-installed it yesterday. I'm very excited to see our first next-gen taste from an Xbox studio.
Spent a lot of time with MCC which is absolutely glorious @ 4K/120. Ditto for Ori, though I only dabbled in that.
Ori looks ridiculously good at 4K / 120. I'd suggest getting back in there and pressing on to unlock more abilities. The game goes from great to excellent once you get the full toolkit.
I always forget about this series. I haven't played a single minute of it, and I don't really have an excuse for not playing it with it being on GamePass and all.
Looking at what i played and finished in November, i can see the December has been a lot more inconsistent and disappointing for me. Plenty of titles started that i just ended up uninstalling and giving up on.

Call of the Sea - waiting for a performance patch
That's all good. That's part of what I like about the service. You try something out, it doesn't click, and you bin it. It's much better having it this way that dropping $30-60 on a title that you ultimately end up regretting. Also, Call of the Sea could definitely use a performance patch, but I plowed through it in a matter of days. I think it's a brilliant title, and I would suggest getting back in there.
Yeah, it was the first game where I appreciated 120fps!

The game reminded me of Fez in the art style and sense of mystery. Basically you have to visit mysterious ruins in several island, and each island has a completely different vibe and theme. The game is full of side quests that are composed of unique minigames and activities, including things like soccer, surfing, music, platforming, mining and even recreations of arcade games.

The game isn't very long, but it constantly surprises you with how many different mechanics they put in. Definitely worth a play.

And it's made by Shin'en so the lighting is quite gorgeous.
Cool, I'll give that a try.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Been playing The Observation on Gamepass and really surprised by how cool this game is. Excited to check out Deliver Us the Moon next. That game looks incredible, hopefully its as good as it looks.

Gamepass isn't just good for discovering games, its also amazing for letting you play games you were planning on buying and realising you dont like them. Can see this service saving me a crazy amount of money over the future.

I really want to play Subnautica but apparently a next gen version is going to be released along with the sequel later this year.