• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So the right wing is going full steam ahead claiming that BLM was outside the hospital chanting that they hope the cops die yet I can't seem to find any recordings or footage of this even from the sources claiming it 🤔

Yet multiple recordings of Trump are fake news.

I've seen a few videos of literally two and three people standing in the driveway while a small group was off to the side. AFAIK no ambulance was actually ever blocked from entering and police could have easily moved the crowd of less than a dozen people in the area if they decided to try so...

Yes there was a (small) crowd and (a few of them) blocked an (empty) driveway into the hospital while protesting.

But you know those types won't focus on the facts.

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Considering the LASD had literal hit squads in Compton I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier. LAPD / SD is always involved in some fuckery and it's been known for years.

www.latimes.com

Compton Executioners deputy gang lied about guns and hosted inking parties, deputy says

'Ghost guns,' inking parties and a decades-long struggle to crack down on cliques within the Sheriff's Department

If anyone cares. Not saying the two shot were involved in this but at this point joining that organization is putting a target on your back for all the bullshit they've put the city through.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
So the right wing is going full steam ahead claiming that BLM was outside the hospital chanting that they hope the cops die yet I can't seem to find any recordings or footage of this even from the sources claiming it 🤔

They need a phony culture war(cancel culture, campus free speech) to distract from real big issues(healthcare, environment, and racism).

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I've seen a few videos of literally two and three people standing in the driveway while a small group was off to the side. AFAIK no ambulance was actually ever blocked from entering and police could have easily moved the crowd of less than a dozen people in the area if they decided to try so...

Yes there was a (small) crowd and (a few of them) blocked an (empty) driveway into the hospital while protesting.

But you know those types won't focus on the facts.
Were they actually chanting what they claim they were chanting? And an even better question, how did they beat the ambulance to the hospital? Or even know where to go?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Were they actually chanting what they claim they were chanting? And an even better question, how did they beat the ambulance to the hospital? Or even know where to go?

Yeah I heard that in the video, but like I said it was only like two or three people shouting it out. Hardly a huge chant.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Yeah I heard that in the video, but like I said it was only like two or three people shouting it out. Hardly a huge chant.
Regardless of the number of people doing it that is extremely shitty. It's strange that the video isn't easier to find but maybe the small number of folks doing it doesn't fit the narrative.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the number of people doing it that is extremely shitty. It's strange that the video isn't easier to find but maybe the small number of folks doing it doesn't fit the narrative.

Yeah I haven't seen it since last night. Wonder why it isn't getting pushed around more. You're probably right that once people see how few people it was it's more hurtful to their narrative than helpful.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020

What's more shitty, a couple of people saying these cops deserved this... or the millions of cops saying every brutalization of people of color is deserved. The ones that laugh as they act out their horrible executions and torture? The ones willing to crack some skulls in order for things to stay the same?

I'll take those shitty people over the police chiefs pushing racist stop and frisk laws, and the police union ass hats protecting the worse of the worse any day of the mother effing week.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
What's more shitty, a couple of people saying these cops deserved this... or the millions of cops saying every brutalization of people of color is deserved. The ones that laugh as they act out their horrible executions and torture? The ones willing to crack some skulls in order things to stay the same?
Dirty cops are shitty lowlifes but I like to think that I'm not one so I don't pray for anyone's deaths. Even though Trump keeling over would bring me joy that would mostly come from knowing he won't be able to harm any more people. Ideally I'd want him to live for decades, in jail.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Dirty cops are shitty lowlifes but I like to think that I'm not one so I don't pray for anyone's deaths. Even though Trump keeling over would bring me joy that would mostly come from knowing he won't be able to harm any more people. Ideally I'd want him to live for decades, in jail.

Even if you're not a dirty cop, you are still part of the same system that is systemically racist, unjust, and falls over itself protecting the bad cops. Until that changes, you're not getting any sympathy from me neither are those cops. I don't wish them harm, and it's good that they are pulling through. But it irks me that when shit like this happens, there's never any doubt of justice being served, assuming they find the people responsible, but when it's police abusing their station justice is the last thing anyone can even hope for these days.

The fact that cops are throwing up the blue lives matter motto as a response to BLM without a hint of irony, it's just an example of how out lopsided things are.

I mean the whole institution has been on the wrong side of history EVERY DAMN time. Cops were wrestling women to the pavement 100 years ago when they sought the right to vote. Cops where shooting at kids when they protested because they didn't want to go to the meat-grinder that was Vietnam so that a bunch of old rich guys can play chicken. Cops were turning loose their dogs, their hoses, and beating and killing black folks when they asked to be treated like human beings. Other law enforcement departments like ICE have been responsible for reprehensible treatment of people. Breaking the law just to make some of the most miserable people in the world, more miserable. History just keeps on repeating itself.

Last edited:

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Something I just thought of, and sorry in advance, this is coming from conspiracy-ville / my ass, also, haven't read through the thread...

Has any theories come out that this could be a hit? Maybe these were some "good cops" that needed to be silenced? One of them being so young, and the other female makes me think they were "good cops" for some reason.

Again sorry my thoughts are so conspiracy-ish but it immediately went to that and was wondering if that was brought up anywhere.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Even if you're not a dirty cop, you are still part of the same system that is systemically racist, unjust, and falls over itself protecting the bad cops. Until that changes, you're not getting any sympathy from me neither are those cops. I don't wish them harm, and it's good that they are pulling through. But it irks me that when shit like this happens, there's never any doubt of justice being served, assuming they find the people responsible, but when it's police abusing their station justice is the last thing anyone can even hope for these days.

The fact that cops are throwing up the blue lives matter motto as a response to BLM without a hint of irony, it's just an example of how out lopsided things are.

I mean the whole institution has been on the wrong side of history EVERY DAMN time. Cops were wrestling women to the pavement 100 years ago when they sought the to vote. Cops where shooting at kids when they protested and because they didn't want to go to the meat-grinder that was Vietnam so that a bunch of old rich guys can play chicken. Cops were turning loose their dogs, their hoses, and beating and killing black folks when they asked to be treated like human beings. History just keeps on repeating itself.
Any officer who has witnessed criminal activity perpetrated by another officer and not reported it is dirty as far as I'm concerned so my comment casts a pretty wide net. There's so much about what has happened and continues to happen that frustrates me to no end. I've actually spoken to cops about these issues, they've admitted to me that they know they're encouraged to shoot first/ask questions later but across the board they don't acknowledge the racial element to their use of force or the reason for the anger from the Black community. The amount of whataboutism that gets thrown around while acting as if they're completely oblivious to the difference in justice when a cop is killed vs unarmed black people makes me want to tear out my hair. They understand good and well what injustice is in the 1% of instances that they experience it but don't understand why someone would be mad when their loved one is killed "by accident" and the police get vacation time.

The main thing that's become clear to me is that all cops, regardless of color, get fully indoctrinated in the "us vs them" mentality and fully believe that society can't exist without them. I don't feel like these issues are correctable in my lifetime and it's heartbreaking.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Any officer who has witnessed criminal activity perpetrated by another officer and not reported it is dirty as far as I'm concerned so my comment casts a pretty wide net. There's so much about what has happened and continues to happen that frustrates me to no end. I've actually spoken to cops about these issues, they've admitted to me that they know they're encouraged to shoot first/ask questions later but across the board they don't acknowledge the racial element to their use of force or the reason for the anger from the Black community. The amount of whataboutism that gets thrown around while acting as if they're completely oblivious to the difference in justice when a cop is killed vs unarmed black people makes me want to tear out my hair. They understand good and well what injustice is in the 1% of instances that they experience it but don't understand why someone would be mad when their loved one is killed "by accident" and the police get vacation time.

The main thing that's become clear to me is that all cops, regardless of color, get fully indoctrinated in the "us vs them" mentality and fully believe that society can't exist without them. I don't feel like these issues are correctable in my lifetime and it's heartbreaking.

Well, if we had more cops like you maybe we could.

activepassive

Oct 28, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

Took me 3 seconds to find this?

https://www./news/article-8727929/D...otesters-taunt-cops-shot-deputies-inside.html
Mod edit: Link to inappropriate subreddit removed

Last edited:

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Took me 3 seconds to find this?

Mod edit: Link to inappropriate subreddit removed
I did try, all I found were right wing websites reporting it.

I mean they don't sound much different than a few trolls who would show up to heckle anything. I would think the right, especially the alt-right, would relate.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did try, all I found were right wing websites reporting it.

I mean they don't sound much different than a few trolls who would show up to heckle anything. I would think the right, especially the alt-right, would relate.
They won't relate with anything that isn't white.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
User banned (permanent): Highly inappropriate response to this specific thread, prior bans for a homophobic joke, racist trolling, and dismissing the sexualization of minors
ACAB

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
They also weren't shot?
True, the 1000s of memes and jokes that they were making about George Floyd and some of the other recent murder victims would probably be a better example.

But all the same it's not something I would do, I don't condone it, but I guess knowing that the cops will recover and actually seeing the nature of the video doesn't make me feel as bad about it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the LASD had literal hit squads in Compton I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier. LAPD / SD is always involved in some fuckery and it's been known for years.

www.latimes.com

Compton Executioners deputy gang lied about guns and hosted inking parties, deputy says

'Ghost guns,' inking parties and a decades-long struggle to crack down on cliques within the Sheriff's Department

If anyone cares. Not saying the two shot were involved in this but at this point joining that organization is putting a target on your back for all the bullshit they've put the city through.

I guess my question to people is what would your reaction be if this was a story about two gang members, or two members of a drug cartel, or two members of the mafia, being ambushed and attacked? Because there is very credible evidence that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is not that far off from that.

activepassive

Oct 28, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I guess my question to people is what would your reaction be if this was a story about two gang members, or two members of a drug cartel, or two members of the mafia, being ambushed and attacked? Because there is very credible evidence that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is not that far off from that.
Do you have evidence that these two specific cops are "executioners"? I am honestly, legitimately sickened by the responses here.

www.cnn.com

Los Angeles deputy saved partner's life after Compton shooting while bleeding from a wound to her face | CNN

With authorities still looking for the man who shot two unsuspecting Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies on Saturday, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Monday the fact that the pair survived is a "miracle."

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a natural end-point with the ACAB mentality that a lot of people sadly have.

It's an end-point for the stoking of antagonism that police in general have built up for themselves, especially those departments that are notably aggressive like the NYPD and LAPD. If police had better specializations and more appropriate training to defuse situations before engaging in combat, situations like this would happen significantly less often. Police institutions have the power in the relationship with the public, they wield power of life and death over an average citizen, the responsibility of the consequence ultimately lies with them.

activepassive

Oct 28, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I know a bunch of people I don't like - you could even say I think they're bastards. That doesn't mean I want to see them gunned down... because I'm not a psychopath.
Thank you. Nothing else needs to be said. I can agree that drastic police reform is necessary without wishing death upon them, or even not caring whether they live or die. This is classic othering (on both sides) and it's gross (from both sides).

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
LA Sheriff's are a gang* , they stay shameless with shit ike this:

* and no ,no one should be ambushed and shot like that before the usual suspects show up to try and finger wag me

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
www.nytimes.com

Man Charged With Attempting to Murder Two Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputies (Published 2020)

The authorities said that Deonte Lee Murray, 36, of Compton, Calif., shot the deputies multiple times on Sept. 12 in an attack that was captured on video and prompted widespread condemnation.

A man was charged on Wednesday with shooting two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies who were sitting in their patrol car, an attack that was captured on video and that prompted widespread condemnation, including from both presidential candidates.

The man, Deonte Lee Murray, 36, of Compton, Calif., was charged with two counts of willful, deliberate and premeditated attempted murder of a peace officer and possession of a firearm by a felon, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.
It's being reported they had the suspect in custody since September 15th, after an arrest for an unrelated carjacking on September 1st.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
No motive known yet but don't let that get in the way of the DA and law enforcement pushing their cop worship.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
www.nytimes.com

Man Charged With Attempting to Murder Two Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputies (Published 2020)

The authorities said that Deonte Lee Murray, 36, of Compton, Calif., shot the deputies multiple times on Sept. 12 in an attack that was captured on video and prompted widespread condemnation.

It's being reported they had the suspect in custody since September 15th, after an arrest for an unrelated carjacking on September 1st.

This suspect doesn't get to stay home and get paid by the taxpayers? 🤔

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is somewhat disturbing to me. I understand that the police have done their fair share of harm to the black community, but condoning attempted murder to another human being is something else entirely. I can stand for reform, but trying to kill someone is no way of making any progress towards that goal. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
This thread is somewhat disturbing to me. I understand that the police have done their fair share of harm to the black community, but condoning attempted murder to another human being is something else entirely. I can stand for reform, but trying to kill someone is no way of making any progress towards that goal. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

You summed up my feelings exactly. I want the police to be de-funded and held accountable for their actions, but I'm not about to sit here and advocate murder.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017

I don't advocate murder. I also don't express sympathy for them either.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Because they feel as if there's no sympathy for the victims, considering the immediate response for anything that results in a civilian death is digging up anything they may have done that was kind of illegal at any given time to obfuscate and remove sympathy to the plight in the eyes of the public.

Why give sympathy to the institutions that killed your brother or father before your eyes because they thought a wallet was a gun, or because they gave conflicting and confusing demands and took any sudden movement as a threat even though you're hysterical and bawling your eyes out.

No point in reciprocating what you're not given.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Yeah, this puts it very well...

You can feel sympathy for an individual but still hate the organisation no? Now, I have high faith in the police (well white male so I don't have any of the problems minorties have and I live in Sweden where, while still have issues, no way near how the cops act in the US), but not expressing sympathy for people that was ambushed and shot is, for me, sickening, when they where doing their jobs.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Pretty much. The police force is a tool of state violence first and foremost. They have the monopoly on violence. So, if cops get shot, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm torn up about it, even if I'd prefer nobody died.

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much. The police force is a tool of state violence first and foremost. They have the monopoly on violence. So, if cops get shot, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm torn up about it, even if I'd prefer nobody died.
Amen. Cops sure as shit don't show sympathy when they kill an innocent man in the streets. Or an innocent woman in her home. I won't waste a bit of sympathy on them either.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
You can feel sympathy for an individual but still hate the organisation no?
Theoretically, sure. In practice, no.

There was no sympathy from police for Dillon Taylor, who was murdered by police from behind and he wasn't even aware he was being stalked.

There was no sympathy for Daniel Shaver, who they simply shrug and say "he should've complied" even though he was ambushed by guns and a cacophany of shouts.

There was also no sympathy for the homeless man shot and murdered at a bus stop by three cops with assault rifles when they could've approached him while he was unaware to grapple and arrest him considering he wasn't aware of much until right before they dumped rounds into him.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Are these the actual people that did that to you and your friends and family?
They don't need to be since they haven't done anything to prevent it from happening in general. Partaking in the institution without verified claims of them trying to do better by the community automatically means they're like the others. They can't do the bare minimum, they can't get the benefit of the doubt.

Speaking of which, did anything come out of that unsubstantiated claim that the woman shot was one officer caught on camera smiling to the crowd after the security guard was killed?