• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
More info here on Nihon Dakkan and here on B.L.A.C.K.

And here is a music video for B.L.A.C.K.

And the teaser trailer for Nihon Dakkan.

Seems like B.L.A.C.K. is meant to be a rhythm game and Nihon Dakkan an RPG.

Not going to lie though, neither really seem interesting to me, either concept or in terms of art direction. Although more Kohei Tanaka music is always welcome.

I mean, if this is what it takes to help get the next game funded, then sure.

At least this means that it seems like they will be doing something with those trademarks they published back in May.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Neither are actually confirmed to be Sakura Wars games, but yeah, it seems pretty likely.

I was weighing the possibility that they're actually the same game (maybe B.L.A.C.K. is an idol group in the game universe for the RPG).

If they're two different games, it's interesting they chose to reveal them at the exact same time on two separate streams.

In any case, looking forward to seeing what they are.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Neither are actually confirmed to be Sakura Wars games, but yeah, it seems pretty likely.

I was weighing the possibility that they're actually the same game (maybe B.L.A.C.K. is an idol group in the game universe for the RPG).

If they're two different games, it's interesting they chose to reveal these games at the exact same time on two separate streams.

Given how differing the art direction is between the two, I am going to go with the latter. Not to mention the different streams and there being no sign of SEGA being mentioned in these DelightWorks trailers (maybe it's more of a hands off endeavor for them from SEGA?)

And just asked to put "(likely)" before new in the thread title!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sakura Wars/Puyo Puyo/Phantasy Star Online coming out of the crypt in 2020, good shit Sega.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Given how differing the art direction is between the two, I am going to go with the latter. Not to mention the different streams and there being no sign of SEGA being mentioned in these DelightWorks trailers (maybe it's more of a hands off endeavor for them from SEGA?)

And just asked to put "(likely)" before new in the thread title!

Well the lack of Sega in the DelightWorks game would likely be on purpose as mentioning Sega would give away what the game is without question.

But yeah, the art styles are quite different. We'll see tomorrow either way!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Wow, that MV is truly garbage. The stupid red hair, the awful song. Ew.

I wish them the best of luck if that's the best they can offer considering the competition in the genre.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Are they going to show them at TGS? Feels like TGS is a mobage convention the past few years.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I got excited and then I read mobile game. How dare you OP?

Edit I watched the trailers and nothing about these really says Sakura Wars to me?

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that MV is truly garbage. The stupid red hair, the awful song. Ew.

I wish them the best of luck if that's the best they can offer considering the competition in the genre.

Yeaaaaaah, honestly both of these mobages seem five years too late. And even then, they don't look that appealing aesthetically to begin with.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
I got excited and then I read mobile game. How dare you OP?

Edit I watched the trailers and nothing about these really says Sakura Wars to me?

For B.L.A.C.K. they have Kohei Tanaka doing the music (plus there was a trademark for Sakura Wars B.L.A.C.K a few months ago) and at 0:17 in the Dakkan trailer the character is wearing a thing that looks like a Kobu.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out they were one and the same game, Sakura Kakumei. It's currently being shown with a long as hell OVA.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

If they're two different games, it's interesting they chose to reveal them at the exact same time on two separate streams.

Just came to say I was right.

Here's some info: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/seg...-kakumei-hanasaku-otome-tachi-for-ios-android

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, so this was the delight works game. Will be interesting to see it's trajectory and reception for their first new title since FGO.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
I liked the animation and the story has potential. Maybe I would give it a try if it came to Switch, but will unfortunately stay since it is mobile only. Hopefully SEGA will put the gatcha money in good use for the next console installment!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Are those two different troupes that are fighting against each other? From glancing at the VA names, one has well known seiyuus, while the other looks to be newish names?

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so this was the delight works game. Will be interesting to see it's trajectory and reception for their first new title since FGO.

I was expecting a Sakura Taisen mobage, yes, but was also sort of hoping for a new Delightworks IP. Guess I'll be waiting a bit more for the latter.
Either way the setting looks interesting so hopefully story wise it delivers.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Are those two different troupes that are fighting against each other? From glancing at the VA names, one has well known seiyuus, while the other looks to be newish names?

Yeah there are 2 different Combat Revues this time, one of them being the enemy/rival

Here's more info about the story

Sakura Revolution is set in an alternate version of Tokyo, in the year Taisho 100 (2011 CE). In the year Taisho 84 (1995 CE), disaster struck the capital in a calamity known as the Great Imperial Capital Disaster. The nation was able to rebuild and recover, thanks to the discovery of a new energy based on spiritual power, known only as Mirai.

Sadly, with the activation of the New Imperial Tower, the cherry blossoms stopped blooming. Moreover, demons known as "Koki" began to increase in number, lashing out to attack people across the nation. To protect the people, the government formed the Great Imperial Combat Revue B.L.A.C.K., who protect the people from evil while bringing light to their hearts with unmatched live performances.

While peace reigns among the people thanks to Mirai and B.L.A.C.K. and many have put their trust in the government, some have come to realize that it is but a false prosperity.

These brave souls are known as the Imperial Combat Revue, and their mission is to uncover the government's conspiracy and retake Japan!

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

It seems that Jiro Ishii will part of the story composition again along with Matsuzaki Fumiya .

I know a lot of japanese people won't be happy about this, but personally I'm glad he's in this too, even though I'm not that much interested in this new project.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
It's smart of Sega to have a mobile entry for Sakura Wars just so the IP can maintain relevance with Japanese gamers, and it also demonstrates that the property still has value within Sega.

Let's hope the next Sakura Wars games are remakes of the Saturn/Dreamcast games.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

Another trailer for Kakumei
They also created an official youtube channel specifically for the game

Release date in Japan is getting close

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here started playing Kakumei since yesterday? I had high expectation before the launch, and honestly, this game completely exceeds it. It is fantastic in most aspects, and the gacha rates are actually not too bad. Already got a 5* character as well. SEGA said it is a spinoff (one of the possibilities of the timeline), but with the quality, I am willing to treat it as canon.

Here are some screenshots:
zJLnutQ.jpg

QBWE3E6.jpg

gDpzegV.jpg

VNm0pso.jpg

I particularly like how the characters continue talking during the LIPS session. It's like how they try to persuade you. They need to add this feature into the next mainline game.

Normally I don't tag people, but Eien1no1Yami should be playing this, right?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here started playing Kakumei since yesterday? I had high expectation before the launch, and honestly, this game completely exceeds it. It is fantastic in most aspects, and the gacha rates are actually not too bad. Already got a 5* character as well. SEGA said it is a spinoff (one of the possibilities of the timeline), but with the quality, I am willing to treat it as canon.

Here are some screenshots:
zJLnutQ.jpg

QBWE3E6.jpg

gDpzegV.jpg

VNm0pso.jpg

I particularly like how the characters continue talking during the LIPS session. It's like how they try to persuade you. They need to add this feature into the next mainline game.

I've enjoyed what I've played so far. What's weird is that I'll pull a unit and be really iffy on their plainclothes design, but then I see their combat outfit and it's always fucking awesome / weirdly inspired. For example, I pulled 能島ゆめ and thought 'Meh, shitty fanservice pirate':

vNhqP48.png

But then I realised that she's LITERALLY A FUCKING PIRATE SHIP:

lKeVl4I.png

And that's dope.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed what I've played so far. What's weird is that I'll pull a unit and be really iffy on their plainclothes design, but then I see their combat outfit and it's always fucking awesome / weirdly inspired. For example, I pulled 能島ゆめ and thought 'Meh, shitty fanservice pirate':

But then I realised that she's LITERALLY A FUCKING PIRATE SHIP:

And that's dope.
I have her as well. In this game 3* characters also have great design, which is really nice. I got 大井川りほ from a pull. Her motif is a maid and her 必殺技 is really something else. She rides on a fucking rail, shoots out a teacup from a canon (which heals HP of all teammates) while shouting ご主人様!!!

I installed the game but apparently ill need a vpn?
It seems that they just removed the region lock a few hours ago. I needed a VPN to access the game yesterday but now I don't need to.

Last edited:

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

Unfortunately I haven't managed to try it yet but I'm willing to
although most likely I won't play much because I'm not a particular fan of mobile games.
Of course I'm highly interested in the story so what I'm hoping is for japanese people to upload the story bits on youtube
like they do with the Kingdom Hearts mobile game and follow the story from there.
I'm even thinking of translating some of those bits for people who don't understand japanese.

One other thing is I'm using an iphone and not android.
Do we know an easy way to download the game from the app store and play it?
I know before that you could just change the region to japan from your account but I think now apple
put a restriction where you can do this once every 90 days, so I don't want to get locked to the japanese store for 90 days :P.

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
woah I got a 5*, I'll post her later once I get off work.

I have her as well. In this game 3* characters also have great design, which is really nice. I got 大井川りほ from a pull. Her motif is a maid and her 必殺技 is really something else. She rides on a fucking rail, shoots out a teacup from a canon (which heals HP of all teammates) while shouting ご主人様!!!

It seems that they just removed the region lock a few hours ago. I needed a VPN to access the game yesterday but now I don't need to.

Yeah I ended up just downloading a vpn to start the game. Gonna try without one after work

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Unfortunately I haven't managed to try it yet but I'm willing to
although most likely I won't play much because I'm not a particular fan of mobile games.
Of course I'm highly interested in the story so what I'm hoping is for japanese people to upload the story bits on youtube
like they do with the Kingdom Hearts mobile game and follow the story from there.
I'm even thinking of translating some of those bits for people who don't understand japanese.

One other thing is I'm using an iphone and not android.
Do we know an easy way to download the game from the app store and play it?
I know before that you could just change the region to japan from your account but I think now apple
put a restriction where you can do this once every 90 days, so I don't want to get locked to the japanese store for 90 days :P.
Particularly for japanese accounts? Cause I regularly switch from my german to my US Apple account and vice versa.