• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Variety and The Wrap reports on this special version of the X-Files theme song that has lyrics written by two fans of the X-Files:

Variety article on this special version of the X-Files theme song:

variety.com

‘The X-Files’ Cast Reunites for Charity Music Video (EXCLUSIVE)

"The X-Files" cast, including David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, have reunited to record a version of the show’s theme tune for charity.

Cast and creatives of series "The X-Files," including David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, have reunited virtually to record a special version of the show's famous theme tune, with fan-written lyrics, to benefit the World Central Kitchen.

"The X-Files" series executive producer Frank Spotnitz's desire to help the needy during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic saw him devise a challenge for "The X-Files" fans to write bespoke lyrics for the show's instrumental theme tune. The winning tune was written by fans Jennifer Large and Rebecca McDonald.

Spotnitz mobilized cast members and the creative team to sing the winning lyrics in a video compilation recorded from their homes. "Song in the Key of X" was recorded via video calls with 33 members of "The X-Files" cast and team, including David Duchovny (Fox Mulder), Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully), Mitch Pileggi (Walter Skinner), Robert Patrick (John Doggett), Annabeth Gish (Monica Reyes), James Pickens Jr. (Alvin Kersh), Laurie Holden (Marita Covarrubias), William B. Davis (Cigarette-Smoking Man), Nicholas Lea (Alex Krycek), Cary Elwes (Brad Follmer), alongside the show's creator Chris Carter, executive producer-writer Vince Gilligan, composer Mark Snow, director Michelle MacLaren and many others. The video was produced by Frank Spotnitz and Avi Quijada, and edited by Quijada.

The Wrap article about this special version of the X-Files theme song:

www.thewrap.com

'X-Files' Cast Reunites to Put a New Spin on the Classic Theme Song (Video) - TheWrap

"Song in the Key of X" adds lyrics to one of the most famous themes ever

'X-Files' Cast Reunites to Put a New Spin on the Classic Theme Song
"Song in the Key of X" adds lyrics to one of the most famous themes ever

Arguably the most legendary TV show theme song of the '90s — and possibly of all-time — belongs to "The X-Files." Now, the cast and crew of the famed series has reunited to give that theme song some lyrics.

The new video, titled "Song in the Key of X," sees show creator Chris Carter join the show's stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson along with dozens of cast members, writers and directors in an a capella version of the theme.

Among those in the video are "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan, who wrote several "X-Files" episodes; Carey Elwes, who appeared on the show's final season; Mulder's replacement Robert Patrick; and Lone Gunmen Bruce Harwood, Tom Braidwood and Dean Haglund. Frank Spotnitz, the show's executive producer, oversaw the reunion project.

The lyrics for the song were provided by "X-Files" fans Jennifer Large and Rebecca MacDonald as part of a charity contest to raise funds for World Charity Kitchen, which has provided tens of millions of packaged meals to families across America during the COVID-19 pandemic. More information on how to donate to WCK can be found here.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
this is something i never knew i needed knew i didn't need

I am willing to allow them to make another season, maybe.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm old enough to know where they got the name from.
Robert Patrick is looking interesting.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I want to read the lyrics again, they seemed kind of cheesy.

I don't know what was more shocking: Robert Patrick's appearance or William b Davis still alive.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I hated this with a passion lol From the first verse, I knew I was going into something cursed.

Robert Patrick looks like the bad guy from Men in Black.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I watched this again and its bad. The lyrics are like pure fan service and very cringe. I trust no one but youuuuuuuuu. GRoss.