• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order was announced for Steam on October 29th, a bit more than 2 weeks before release.Game is also available on Origin Access Premium for 15$/
€. And despite all of that we could say that game is huge success on Steam.

qbUc8cm.png

Lqrf1hc.png

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Respawn, Congrats Stig, Congrats EA, Congrats SW:J:FO. :]

I look forward to playing you.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nice.

I'm in the camp that's really enjoying the game right now. Playing on PC, of course. Console offering looks pretty rough, though -- can't fault anyone that's there for being a bit upset. Hope there's a solution in the works!

My experience with this game feels like my sum takeaway from Mirror's Edge: there's some great ideas and those great ideas mostly work really well for me personally, but I must acknowledge that they may not work for everyone. To me, though, this is my favorite Star Wars game in a long time, and it maintains Respawn's high pedigree in my eyes. But again, I'm rocking that PC privilege right now, and the biggest audience is likely on console, so it's hard to say how accessible this game will be. Seems ok if you go with the 30fps, higher res modes on the enhanced consoles, but I still have no idea what the actual adoption rate of the enhanced spec consoles was.

Oct 26, 2017
Battlefront 2 should come to Steam as well.

With all the new content and at a good price, the game won't remain dead like now.

And Titanfall 2

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really liking all of the positive word of mouth for the game. Once I start winding down with Pokémon, I fully plan on playing this.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Gosh I need to pick this up. Just feels like a throwback to earlier Star Wars games and looks like overall a fun, well made game.

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see Respawn get such a good reception.

Has the PC version been having tech issues or is that mainly console?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
EA: ☺️
Acti: 🤔
Ubi: 😔

I prefer to buy games on Steam where possible, but I opted for the Origin version in this case, largely due to the 2FA promo, which will essentially give me an extra ~two weeks with the game should I need it, but also because of the terrible regional pricing.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Even though it didn't click with me, I'm really glad it is doing well. We need more single player star wars game and I liked what respawn was going for with this one. Good shit

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Easily deserved. Best SW game on EA and GOTY this year for sure. They took all the good elements of previous classics and implemented them with excellent precision. The game is very demanding on hardware, but it's required to get this kind of fidelity.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic game I am enjoying every second of it. It's not perfect and has a few issues, but overall its awesome and it's a great base for future sequels.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
This game must have been a big hit across the board, almost 50k peak on Steam despite later release & we don't know sales on Epic/Origin. if it's doing decent on PC, it's doing good on Consoles too, so maybe EA is rethinking the whole MP only BS.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
It's a good time being a Star Wars fan. I adore the new movies, shows and games - especially compared to the quality of the prequels and games output like Force Unleashed...

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love it but I wish they'd hurry and get some patches out.

This would have been a GOTY frontrunner were it not for the technical issues.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yup it's an awesome game and one of my favorites of the year. A performance patch or two and this game will be even more amazing.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Fakespot drops the user score down a tad, though this early in the game's lifespan I expect that happens a lot since people are more likely to rate it "dude this is awesome" which Fakespot then removes. I'll be curious where it ends up in a couple months.
I wonder if it's detecting a kind of light reverse review bombing where some Steam users are leaving positive reviews with little gametime because they appreciate what EA has done. Like with Assassins Creed Unity and the Notre Dame situation.