• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The kid probably has emotional issues and you're all making fun.

My son has behavioural issues and is going through assessment but it's judgemental people like some of you that make taking him out awkward and stressful

flawfuls

Oct 28, 2017
c
I have a way bigger problem with the guy filming and posting this vid on Twitter, what's the point? Kids do this everyday.

Yeah I also have a problem with us helping this spread across the internet. I feel like there is a reasonable chance this gets back to the kid and haunts her for a long time.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

My son has behavioural issues and is going through assessment but it's judgemental people like some of you that make taking him out awkward and stressful
If you know your child has issues you should keep an eye on them so they dont harm other kids. My nephew has issues and my sister watches him like a hawk when she takes him out. Obviously the parent isnt even watching since they shouldve said something to their kid while she was blocking the slide.

Imagine if they black kid's parent wasnt there, she wouldve had a big plug bitten out of the side of her face.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Is it too much to ask for the parents to be around if this is the case to discourage their child that's going through these issues to not BITE other children? I mean, damn man. To at least be nearby and attentive enough to stop this issue prior to it escalating to that level. I really don't think the folks commenting in the thread are the real issue here.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017

Then keep an eye on them so they don't bite kids?

EDIT: that came out snarky and that's not how I intended that. I'm sorry you're going through that with your kiddo and glad you're getting them the support they need.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a developing child…but what a shithead. Also, shittier parents/guardians. Those kids should've just pushed her down.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Then keep an eye on them so they don't bite kids?

EDIT: that came out snarky and that's not how I intended that. I'm sorry you're going through that with your kiddo and glad you're getting them the support they need.

No problem at all, and I agree, the responsibility is doubled when you have a child like this and you should be there just incase. Luckily my son isn't biting children or anything like that but it's very hard when he has an emotional episode in public and you just know people are looking and judging and jumping to basic conclusions like some of the posters in this thread.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
What tf is up with this thread?

It's a child no older than 6 and already labelling her a psychopath?

I've being hit in the head by a brick from a girl her age as a child and she grew up to be a doctor which I do see the irony in

But point is it's a child they still in a strong learning how to be a person stage

alias bean

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is pretty gross so far and you guys have no idea what sort of developmental disability this kid has.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
The most fucked up part here is definitely posting the video online without blurring anyone's face.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
I'm thinking the person filming was so they could show the parents of the little shit the actions of their precious child. Often times parents don't believe their angel is a bully, and this video is proof.

Not only that, but it is a parent of a black child. He needs proof of white child misbehaving badly before he can even correct her as a flimsy shield against the absent white parents and cops.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
No problem at all, and I agree, the responsibility is doubled when you have a child like this and you should be there just incase. Luckily my son isn't biting children or anything like that but it's very hard when he has an emotional episode in public and you just know people are looking and judging and jumping to basic conclusions.

No doubt. And I just caught myself in that. So again, I apologize and I appreciate your post. Good to slow our rolls sometimes. I sometimes jump to snippy on here and shouldnt on such sensitive issues.

I am super sympathetic to the public episodes issue. I don't have kids yet but work with them and when a kid is over stimulated they are gonna do what they do and no one did anything wrong. But I'm sure it feels like all eyes on you. Again. Working with kids everyday whose parents don't want to get services to help their kids - fucking good on you for getting your kid the tools to be successful. For real.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Not only that, but it is a parent of a black child. He needs proof of white child misbehaving badly before he can even correct her as a flimsy shield against the absent white parents and cops.

I think that is why he continued to film... but initially, I think he wanted to see if or how his daughter could find a way to resolve the issue (getting blocked).... just for memories sake....or something to talk to her about later.

But the other girl went all UFC with the Khabib leg tie....then went Mike Tyson.

Magilla

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't judge children. If you want judge the adult filming. Anything else is kinda gross...

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Adult filming kids and posting online. The best part is he admitted that's not his kid. Gross.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
It seems like the guy videoing is the dad of the kid trying to get down the slide.
Why not intervene when the other girl scratched his kids leg?
Why not intervene when his kid scratched back, you could tell from a mile away it was escalating.
Why are you videoing this at all???
Why not call out "Hey, is this your kid?"

Theres about 10 things I would have done in that situation instead of videoing lol

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
It seems like the guy videoing is the dad of the kid trying to get down the slide.
Why not intervene when the other girl scratched his kids leg?
Why not intervene when his kid scratched back, you could tell from a mile away it was escalating.
Why are you videoing this at all???
Why not call out "Hey, is this your kid?"

Theres about 10 things I would have done in that situation instead of videoing lol

A black man touching and sternly talking/yelling to a white child, a girl at that...does not go well for said black man

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
A black man touching and sternly talking/yelling to a white child, a girl at that...does not go well for said black man
Found the person with no kids.

(Real response: parents generally don't escalate confrontation when they see two kids getting into it--you redirect your own child and keep it moving)

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
cat-bite.gif
Hk27W4q.gif

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Rest of the video is missing

That girl proceeded to eat that man

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
As a father of four, I already know this but

KIDS are practically sociopaths when you start annoying them.

That kid in the slide is an asshole hid and if she was mine she would be in massive trouble and I 'd be calling my insurance agent about a claim for that girl she bit.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
He may have been filming to make sure there was evidence but there was no reason to put this on the internet.

These are kids. They have the right to not have their shitty tantrums broadcasted on the internet for all the world to criticize. Close this thread and don't contribute to this bullshit.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I mean, what they said was not wrong though, at all
I mean, it's wrong if they think any decent parent is going up to other people's kids and enacting discipline as a first, second, or tenth resort. Like, the poster acts like "sternly talking to/yelling at" someone else's kid is the only other option, when a thoughtful parent is going to make every effort to avoid, questions of race aside.

The speed at which posters here jump to direct confrontation as...the first and only right thing to do is just not moored in reality. Too many videogames.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
The girl blocking the slide is wrong, and what started this whole thing, buy you all do realize the other girl scratched the shit out of her leg, which caused the bite reaction, right? Like, is nobody actually watching the video?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The girl blocking the slide is wrong, and what started this whole thing, buy you all do realize the other girl scratched the shit out of her leg, which caused the bite reaction, right? Like, is nobody actually watching the video?

We don't need to dissect which kid is to blame when there are parents ignoring what is happening or filming it to post online.

Nell

Oct 27, 2017
Scratching and biting 😄

This also happened to me and my friend, little boy was blocking the slide but we slide down anyway and he both bit us. Normal for no parents to be at the playground back then so we just cried and eventually walked home.

Parent should not be posting this video.

Oct 29, 2017
This kind of stuff happens all the time. Kids have their moments. You don't film it and put it on the internet. Cameraman is an asshole.

Thisisme

Apr 14, 2018
Jesus Christ, the labels being put upon the girl blocking the slide in a 30 second video clip. And my heart goes out to the girl being blocked.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Slide blocking is such a weird thing. What's even the point. Though I feel like young idiot me might have even done it as well at some point

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a way bigger problem with the guy filming and posting this vid on Twitter, what's the point? Kids do this everyday.

Yeah, no reason to shame a kid on Twitter, no matter how ill behaved.

(That said, I hate dealing with kids like that. Nothing you can do as an adult other than find their parents.)

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Look, I don't want to judge anyone's parenting style, but if your kid is blocking the slide for the entire park and biting other kids in the face, I'm not sure that's "just children" lol.
Sometimes kids do stupid shit. Sometimes they bite. Luckily mine never did, but if it's handled appropriately it won't happen again. It's just not that big of a deal. If it becomes a pattern or something then sure, question the parenting.

Oct 29, 2017
Slide blocking is such a weird thing. What's even the point. Though I feel like young idiot me might have even done it as well at some point
Kid was acting out for some reason. We will never know why. Kids do that all the time. Another kid could have called her a name and this is how she acted in response. Her mom could have disciplined her a minute earlier and she responded this way. It happens. People judging the kids or the parents for a 30 second video where nothing all that bad happened is dumb.