• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So...other than the candles joke, these aren't remotely funny. I'll just assume I'm missing something as I turn into a corn cob or whatever.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how well known dril actually is, or enough people still watch adultswim or television.

Wouldn't it have been better if it was in the same internet sphere on YouTube?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck no. Don't bastardize a good thing. That trailer is a perfect example of how to suck the magic out of something that works because of its presentation. You can't change the medium and expect it to be just as good.

Dril is unironically the best person on the internet
ContraPoints tho.

So...other than the candles joke, these aren't remotely funny. I'll just assume I'm missing something as I turn into a corn cob or whatever.
A lot of his stuff is social commentary through layers of demented abstraction. The corn cob thing is funny because it evokes the behavior of narcissistic blowhards like Trump.

Last edited:

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
dril's tweets can be amazing, but going by this trailer the show seems pretty shit. A large part of what makes the tweets so great, to me, is that they're just text, and my brain gets to read tone and delivery into them. Don't blame the man for trying, but the magic is lost to me now.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
ohchNyd_d.jpg
A classic. Our zeitgeist in one tweet.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't even make out what dril was saying in the trailer. I don't think his Twitter humour will translate but maybe it will still have some good one liners.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
watching in awe as people see "this trailer is bad but dril deserves to make some living" and instead turn straight into bad takes avenue

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, it looks like almost every other Adult Swim live action "people acting awkwardly and stupidly" show from the trailer. I really hope it's funnier than the trailer makes it seem.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is another ceokazhirai thing where everybody seems to think it's hilarious but I just sit here looking like "huh"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The candles tweet is the only one I ever really found funny. I think he gets quoted too much. But if other people enjoy him, more power to em I guess.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Adult swim's livestream shows are excellent. They aren't really meant to be these well produced always funny things so I think the dril show will fit right in. Also the show will always be live so I'm not even sure any of the trailer content is even reflective of the show.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like dril and I'm happy for him, but the trailer for the show was really meh. Hopefully the final thing will be better.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Very exciting. Him and Derek post funnier things than literally every other Twitter account, absolutely no competition. Derek's video on how British people are dogs is among the greatest things on the internet.

also, this is a stream, not a TV show.

Syntrophos

Nov 25, 2018
dunno if being funny in tweets can really transfer to being funny in a long form format. Like the people comparing making memes (the terrible cold pockets stuff) to stand up. Will give it a watch, but I'm not too hopeful. Glad he is making bank though.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Im guessing you don't like the Tim and Eric, Eric Andre kinda humor because thats partly what it all is. Random bullshit thats handled expertly.
The guy screaming at the fence to be let into somewhere? Yeah, I just don't get the humour - I'm all into absurdist stuff, but its almost always British in origin.

EDIT: Anyway, I popped into the thread to see if the video made me crack a smile. It did not. My confusion continues.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like people project their own humor into the tweets or just agree with the masses to fit in since they make shit sense most of the time. A ridiculous Lao Tzu for these stupid times. Some tweets are funny but a show is a little too much. We'll see I guess

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The only way it can work is if his existence on the show is solely relegated to screaming complete nonsense to badger the non-masked host.