• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Those screenshots are fucking adorable. I'd buy this game, but feel like I got my fill with Doraemon:SoS, unless this title is any different?

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
The idea of a game character getting affectionate towards the player tends to give me a weird vibe.
latest

(flashbacks to Shura suddenly trying to kiss ME when I was seeing my Corrin as a separate character for the whole game.)

Nonetheless, I'm happy for you'all that were frustrated with the gay repression. Reminds me of the struggle with Animal Crossing and gendered clothes being normalized in New Horizons. Those screens did look cute, with everyone being so happy.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Those screenshots are fucking adorable. I'd buy this game, but feel like I got my fill with Doraemon:SoS, unless this title is any different?
This is a remake of the GBA Friends of Mineral Town games, which use elements (characters for examples) from the 64 and PS1 games while adding in new animals, crops, and a few more things.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always had faith XSEED would deliver on this front and they did so spectacularly. It's without a doubt the definitive version of a classic game and huge props to them for going out of the way to remove all the ambiguity present in the JP version.

Dunno if it was politics or what that made them be ambiguous in the JP version but I still give 'em props to announce the feature would be included in the first place during a Chinese interview. From my admittedly meager understanding of world politics, it seems like the feature would have even stronger political issues there.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have to imagine they'll be continuing the trend with Rune Factory 5 and onwards, which would be great.

Stardew Valley is probably the thing that lit the fire under them. Would be embarassing to be so het normative after that game.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine they'll be continuing the trend with Rune Factory 5 and onwards, which would be great.

Stardew Valley is probably the thing that lit the fire under them. Would be embarassing to be so het normative after that game.

From what I understand, they wanted to do it ages ago (like, mid-2000's) but Natsume scared them off it. Definitely likely Stardew helped any fears they had about backlash that Natsume instilled in them though.