• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those tweets in the OP are obnoxious even by Musk standards which is really saying something. And to resurrect Chuck Norris, lord. He's really the cringelord extraordinaire.
This is exactly what someone who hasn't read the art of war, the art of the deal, and 12 rules for life would say. Elon is a tactical mastermind, please try to keep up.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a few friends that work there. Morale is absolutely terrible.

The damage is done but have Musk settle for like 20 billion. Then ban his ass.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Musk never actually intended to buy twitter for $44 billion. He tried to outsmart the room to drive up his own stock (probably taking a cue from Trump) and ended up tanking Tesla and tried to weasel his way out of it.

I'm not sure how this isn't criminal securities fraud, if provable. There needs to be a serious investigation, regardless.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Wonder if they will settle it out of court, i expect Musk will buy it for a reduced price in the end but still a bit more than Twitter is worth. He clearly regrets his original high bid.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
1. Court orders Musk to pay damages to Twitter (in the neighborhood of $1-2 Billion) and Twitter stays public and independent of Musk
2. Court orders Musk to go through the deal, Twitter is sold to him for $44 Billion, and he's out tens of billions of dollars.
3. In an attempt to avoid the above two options, Twitter and Musk come to an agreement to either
3a. Sell Twitter to Musk for less than $44 Billion, or
3b. Let Musk abandon the deal but pay more than #1-2 billion
Perfect response-exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ehb-dZhXgAA2w5F.jpg

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I don't even understand the issue, didn't Twitter say they would hand over all of their data regarding bots(exactly what musk was asking for)? This is all on Musk if so, no way he wins
from bsigg in the other thread
Twitter provided Musk a detailed explanation of how Twitter samples for bots back in May and Musk didn't read it but then went on the tirade about BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! because he saw Tesla shares slipping.

unknown.png
fucking clownshoes musk

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
1. Court orders Musk to pay damages to Twitter (in the neighborhood of $1-2 Billion) and Twitter stays public and independent of Musk
2. Court orders Musk to go through the deal, Twitter is sold to him for $44 Billion, and he's out tens of billions of dollars.
3. In an attempt to avoid the above two options, Twitter and Musk come to an agreement to either
3a. Sell Twitter to Musk for less than $44 Billion, or
3b. Let Musk abandon the deal but pay more than #1-2 billion
That number is very conservative. It's probably way more consider Musk's meddling caused stocks to tank.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
What's the expected price Twitter would go for today? I imagine any settlement or damages amount would have to be significantly less than what he would lose if he consummated and quickly re-sold, otherwise he would rather just do that.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What's the expected price Twitter would go for today? I imagine any settlement or damages amount would have to be significantly less than what he would lose if he consummated and quickly re-sold, otherwise he would rather just do that.
Market cap is currently about $26 billion, so maybe around $30.

JoanneAlley

alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2022
Pretty meh. Most likely Musk will end up paying the 1b break up fee, even though he liquidated 8.5b in Tesla stock without the share price tanking..
a 1 billion dollar breakup fee doesnt actually exist here. He's legally bound to pay the full value he agreed to. The only way he escapes it is if Twitter decides to settle, and in that case they're not going to settle for anything less than 10 billion.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh this is hilarious for all the reasons, but he fleeced the alt right figureheads for clout and NOW, now they're not even talking about it. HUNH I wonder why

jfc Ben Shapiro, someone's gonna nuke you out of orbit, and salt the fucking earth with it what a dumbass grifter

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Twitter included Musk tweets in this leads me to think they wont be seeing to sell to him, but to try and drag him over coals for fraud/damages pay out

Oct 27, 2017
See the thing is, the alt right keeps propping up this "Market of Ideas" as though their ideology is buffet and IT IS NOT

if anything, it's landfill/minefield buffet, and instead of a plate, it's your soul and your brain space

This so called culture war is being waged because lumpenproletariat is mobilizing and capital don't like that and they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink to stop it

even if Musk was to buy Twitter, Shareholders would have his ass staked because twitter should be a money machine. It should give you money every time you come across it, right?

Alt right Tim Pool and fucken Ben Shapiro should STFU about Musk, musk didn't catch that arc of iron man that he eventually grew up and tried to save the world and what not

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I am eating popcorn waiting for a big settlement, then ending the event with an unceremonious ban on EM's account.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Normally I would think this is going nowhere and he'll get off with a slap on the wrist but here we are talking about a rich person being sued by other rich people so he may very well get fucked and I hope he does.

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I would think this is going nowhere and he'll get off with a slap on the wrist but here we are talking about a rich person being sued by other rich people so he may very well get fucked and I hope he does.

Delaware courts are notorious for keeping and honoring deals, this wont be some thing Musk can strong arm with his BS.

Oct 25, 2017
Him devaluing the company is exactly why this board would want to force him to buy it at the agreed upon price.

I mean sure, getting paid is good but then they also remain on the board of a company run by a guy who could care less. It's a real catch-22 here. In every situation short of Musk going bankrupt, he kind of wins

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I mean sure, getting paid is good but then they also remain on the board of a company run by a guy who could care less. It's a real catch-22 here. In every situation short of Musk going bankrupt, he kind of wins

???

Then they just immediately resign from the board, leaving Musk with a company with no board as they'll likely get a gigantic severance package.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

There wouldn't be a board. Boards are for public companies.

Musk would be "the board" as the owner and operator.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Most (or perhaps even all) of them will not remain on the board. Why would they?

There wouldn't be a board. Boards are for public companies.
Private companies can have boards as well.