• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/03/11/twttr-beta-testing-app/

At launch, the Twttr app is going to focus on testing a new design for conversations, which is aimed at making it easier to follow replies to an initial tweet. Conversations feature a more chat bubble-like shape along with indentation and color coding.

twitterepliesbeta-800x844.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I made the joke that Twitter should be called Twttr and Tumbler should be called Tmblr years ago, so you're welcome Twttr

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still using Tweetbot so I don't have to see ads. Not using the stock app until I can view the timeline without ads

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Twitter: "What should we do to make Twitter a better experience for everyone?"

Everyone in the world: "Get rid of the Nazis."

Twitter: "Introducing... Twttr! It's like text messaging... but with Nazis. Yay."

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still using Tweetbot so I don't have to see ads. Not using the stock app until I can view the timeline without ads
How do y'all live with all the throttled functionality?

Tweetbot went from giving you additional functionality to severely limiting it in search and tweets displayed years ago. No way an promoted tweet here and there is worse than a crippled search and not seeing all of your tweets.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter's client is so awful I'd pick Tweetbot and Flamingo even if the crippled it to only calling the API half a dozen times a day.
Are you on Android?

The iOS app has been buttery smooth since they revamped it around the time they crippled the 3rd party apps. No hitches in scrolling, going between menus, etc. The way to access your own profile is a bit dumb, and of course no customizable UI like Tweetbot, but small price to pay to see all of your tweets on your feed.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Are you on Android?

The iOS app has been buttery smooth since they revamped it around the time they crippled the 3rd party apps. No hitches in scrolling, going between menus, etc. The way to access your own profile is a bit dumb, and of course no customizable UI like Tweetbot, but small price to pay to see all of your tweets on your feed.

It isn't. The app uses space so badly I can't stand it.

It's a microblogging app, the idea of only having three tweets on screen at once is laughable. Twitter is unusable like that.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't. The app uses space so badly I can't stand it.

It's a microblogging app, the idea of only having three tweets on screen at once is laughable. Twitter is unusable like that.
Ridiculous to argue that you can't see enough while using an app that is inherently limited in how much it can display, period. That's before you get to pretty much non-existent search capability.

I guess it makes sense if you follow next to no people. Otherwise, nonsense. If anything is unusable for even mild power users, it's Tweetbot. That's the reason why I switched back to the official app since you can't do or see shit on Tweetbot outside of patting yourself on the back for avoiding ads. The hyperbole surrounding the official app reminds me of how I felt after investing in Tweetbot, only to actually try the official app again and realize I was just trying to continue justifying my purchase by projecting the uselessness of Tweetbot onto the official app.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I thought tweets were rectangular to indicate they are public posts. These read like text messages. Can my UXers in the audience give me an amen?

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Snark about policies aside, this is cool. IDK if I like that implementation the best but it's cool they're trying it out in the open like that