• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jsunu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
holy crap - using the official white house twitter to start a internet argument with twitter - this is INSANE to me. THIS is what is deemed important to tweet?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Removing him from Twitter would force him to have to vocalize in front of the camera his most fucked up shit

And internet is not treated as seriously as sound clips.

Jan 10, 2018
Slapping a "this tweet violated our TOS, but we're not going to do anything" warning on the tweet is asinine. Trump gets to continue pretending he's victimized without anything changing, people share this tweet even more to show off the toothless warning, and no one is enlightened that calling for people to be shot is a calling for violence. A ban on twitter isn't some panacea for the POTUS being a racist dipshit but it would be something compared how utterly pointless this is.

I wish you were right, but you certainly are not

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's all 'sad' really. I mean, I'm never gonna be President or anything, but I think it don't look right good to be writing stuff like that on Twitter. The common sense bit of me? He is just fucking deranged, dementia ridden and totally the wrong choice as a leader. In what reality are we supposed to be living where a man like this rules what is supposed to be the most powerful nation in the world. Just ridiculous.

Last edited:

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I would be worried about incitement etc. from his crazies, sure.

But this is exactly the kind of thing that drags him down with the public. Nobody (figuratively speaking) likes his tweeting. Like, a *lot* of his voters wish he would tweet less. I think most don't really care much, to be sure. But it doesn't energize the right people, either.

Trump's approval gets into worrying territory when he shuts up and passes shit Republicans like.

This is a presidential election year and people are calling him out more than they ever have before. Trump will not be able to keep his trap shut, expect this to continue for another 6 months.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
It doesn't look like it to me, but I'm completely uneducated on the Israel/Palestine conflict so I could be entirely wrong.
I was trying to figure out a proper way to say exactly this. When I first read that, I honestly didn't see the direct issue with it. But again, I'm pretty ignorant on the deeper substance of it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Fresh Whataboutisms! Get your Whataboutisms here!

Fucking pa-the-tic.

But it will resonate

tWitter should be cracking down on a lot of popular names that break rules but they wont which allows the right to demonstrate election interference

twitter needs to make a statement outlinin trumps most horrible tweets and putting the dog in his place

i want them to call out his blatant lies to piss him off

trump criticizes trump is a great subreddit to show hIs hypocrisy. Id love for twitter to just delcare war on him and expose him

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Just a staggering mixture of bleakness (COVID & the number of deaths), sadness (Minneapolis), and amusement (Trump/White House vs Twitter) this morning.

What a fucked up timeline! 😫

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
It means he has to call a bunch of people and reporters up to the white house to spread crap instead of rolling over in bed and grabbing his smartphone off the night stand at 3am. He'll still have a platform but not one he can access at a whim or instantly.

I just don't really buy that. I agree deplatforming works, I don't think it works when you're the president of the united states, particularly this president. It'll just get all the "MY FREEDOMS! MY SPEECH!" people worked up even more, it gives him too much ammo.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If he leaves twitter for Gab, don't we have stats on how much people will follow him over there? Like a huge chunk of people won't be bothered to use a different platform even if God emperor demands it. It's essentially halving his follower base iirc. And if there are not so many bots there, it's gonna be even less since we know a lot of his followers are bots.
It's different for the President. He'd be a huge get. The things the president says are inherently newsworthy, regardless of whether he says them on Twitter or Gab, so the reporting will drive users to the platform.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just a staggering mixture of bleakness (COVID & the number of deaths), sadness (Minneapolis), and amusement (Trump/White House vs Twitter).

What a fucked up timeline! 😫
The UK government is also completely fumbling at the moment, and they are just as right wing. Turns out these fuckers can't handle the pressure so I hope it continues and the public really sees the right wing for what it is

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The UK government is also completely fumbling at the moment, and they are just as right wing. Turns out these fuckers can't handle the pressure so I hope it continues and the public really sees the right wing for what it is
At least the US has an upcoming election. We're stuck with the bumbling fucks for years, minimum.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"foreign propagandist".

IIRC isn't that kind of weird to say about an internet platform which sees global use?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
WhiteHouse has reacted

The White House @WhiteHouse
This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, @Twitter has determined that it will allow terrorists, dictators, and foreign propagandists to abuse its platform.

link to image

2:53 PM - May 29, 2020

Where is the breaking of ToS in that tweet? Whataboutism for shit that ain't even there...

Oct 27, 2017
Man I've been following Fox News home page all morning they are in total spin city right now.

I love the thumbnail they decided to use to illustrate the article. And this is a website who's supporting this piece of shit.

iBHiSPy.png

Oct 27, 2017
It's different for the President. He'd be a huge get. The things the president says are inherently newsworthy, regardless of whether he says them on Twitter or Gab, so the reporting will drive users to the platform.
Of course it would be a big "get" but it would still be fractional compared to Twitter's reach. He'd get journalists and maybe a few million real followers?

Platform "stars" always need the platform more than the platform needs the star.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most crybaby shit I have ever seen.
It's fucking incredible in the worst way. It's genuinely incredible how much of a Joke the US government has become at the behest of someone with the most fragile ego imaginable. I'm genuinely continually in awe at just how fragile it all really was.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Those saying that deplatforming only works at certain scales: we have no evidence of that. A platform is elevated by its very nature. Get him off the platform and he'll scurry to some other one, but it will absolutely hurt him even if it's just temporary. It also sends a lot of positive signals and sets a precedent for what kind of world we want to be interacting in when we're online. There are so many good reasons to ban his account like all other offenders.

Deleted member 63846

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Perhaps Twitter just gives him like a mandatory 3 day ban from Twitter. That way Twitter when they lift the ban, it was still them doing it and not bowing to Donald. And Donald meanwhile is basically left just screaming at everyone around him for three days.