• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Twitter has decided to put a warning to the tweet as it was glorifying violence and thus he broke Twitters Rules, but did not remove it as they believe that it's important for people to see.

EZK7vJZU0AEPD3T

Twitter is finally treating him like everybody else, and he is truly such an awful President... like Jesus Christ, just sad.

Last edited:

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not an American but banning him would be the worst possible decision. I think what's Twitter is doing is actually correct.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
This dude's about to beat his single-day tweet record when he wakes up and sees what happened.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those moments where everyone figures out which side of the line they cross. Im fairly convinced twitter has a nice army of lawyers ready to defend their position, but at the same time Trump has the supreme court ready to do his bidding and all norms have been broken last few years. So all bets off.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Last edited:
OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is big news, Twitter is actually treating him like any other twitter person finally, just that since they don't want to censor him by just deleting it, they are still letting people look at it if they wish to.

This is rather smart from how Twitter thought about doing it.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine the Twitter C-suite having back-to-back emergency meetings about the executive order on social media and just deciding to go for broke while they still can to preserve their independence as they see it.

I could see this tweet becoming the subject of a federal court case. Imagine a Supreme Court case wherein the president has written out a threat of violence toward black people and that's not even the issue at stake.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
MUH FREEDUM OF SPEEK

Cannot believe Twitter actually did a good thing for once.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know the new news new thread thing, but the discussion will be exactly the same across the two topics.
I believe during these times, both warrant such a thread as they both are different in their own way I believe.

Especially for Twitter to finally start doing something about Trump.

That's the really big part.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Trump was mad enough earlier this week to craft up an executive order to try to punish Twitter, I can't even imagine the screaming he's going to do now.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
they need to do like my old boss, he couldn't fire this one fuck so instead he promoted others above him, and that fucker really lost his shit. make a gold verified user or something and only give it to Obama

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
D E P L A T F O R M I N G W O R K S
The presidency is his platform. I could setup a social media platform that posts to the internet from an excel spreadsheet tomorrow and if Trump used it people would read it. Banning him from Twitter will actually have less impact on his words than this does. This is a direct provocation from Twitter to Trump and I fucking love it.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is this idiot still not banned. It's time.
Until that eventually happens, What twitter is doing here is pretty damn good. They had no choice after he tweeted yesterday about that employee from twitter, putting a target on that guy for no reason.

Later today he is going to go crazy when he find out about this.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
D E P L A T F O R M I N G W O R K S

He's the President of the US - he's not some Youtube vlogger who relies on the platform to reach his audience. His platform is the Presidency.

If he wasn't saying it directly, then every word of his would still be spread by those who support him, and those who oppose him.

Just with the added bonus of him being able to say that he's being 'silenced'.

At least in this instance there's a clear record of what he's saying direct from source.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would assume the are now planning to ban him. His executive order was probably the straw that broke the camels back. I expect him to banned shortly as he continues to post content that violates Twitter's rules.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Wtf are those tweets man.. As an outsider this guy keeps finding new lows
Good on Twitter for doing this

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be really fucking awful listening to Republicans defending his tweet and being more outraged about the tweet warning than to Trump wanting to shoot people.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the above commenters. Sure, the right loves nothing more than the play the ultimate victim, but deplatforming Donald Trump would still be a net positive. They act like fucking toddlers no matter what you do; might as well roll with it.

Edit: While he has an automatic platform from being president, Twitter is by far an easier and more effective method than anything else he could access. No other site has the reach. Far fewer people will see his bullshit if he's off Twitter.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Should have been done years ago. Now he's going to paint them as biased and try more dictator king shit.