• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
All the fun shit you can pull with the account of Jack, and instead he chose to write some racist tweets that people will forget about after a day.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
What the fuck is it with these people hacking peoples' accounts and adding in the weird #chuckling stuff?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Mades me realize recently... They MUST have some kind of special protections or whatever for Trump's account right? Like it must be the most attacked account in the world and yet he still has to get hacked...

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
546.jpg

How About No

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
should have changed his username to x69xjackx69x and given someone else the real one

what a waste

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hackers are so fucking lame. Everytime someone hacks a high profile account, it's shitty 4chan garbage.
Hackers were supposed to be cool, that's what movies made me believe in the 90s and early 2000s.
Bleh.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Just once itd be nice for a hacker to post something more sensible like "Trump is a cunt", "free palestine" or "pineapple pizza tastes like ass"

Jul 18, 2018
What the fuck is it with these people hacking peoples' accounts and adding in the weird #chuckling stuff?
All these internet hackers are probably the same ones that visit all these 4Chan type sites. So they all have really bad cringe/offensive humor that is so dated. It's like they are all 13yr old high school kids that vape on 4-20 and celebrate Hitler's birthday

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long it took for people to start thinking it wasn't him. >.>

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Mades me realize recently... They MUST have some kind of special protections or whatever for Trump's account right? Like it must be the most attacked account in the world and yet he still has to get hacked...

It likely has semi-frequent password changes, 2FA (but email and app only), and Trump probably doesn't know his own passwords. That's probably his assistant's job.

That's all that's required for a safe account. Jack's stuff was probably spoofed.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just once itd be nice for a hacker to post something more sensible like "Trump is a cunt", "free palestine" or "pineapple pizza tastes like ass"

Its such a missed opportunity. Imagine how much chaos you could cause.

A simple controversial but not entirely out there tweet, example - "For people that ask me, I wish we could ban Trump's account (he actually used a racial slur last time we spoke in private) but its too important and we cannot."

Thats all. Dont tweet anything else. Just log out and never return.

And then see how many people believe the "The account was hacked" press release that goes out.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think what chaos someone could unleash by hacking POTUS?
Indeed. Hackers are lame. If you're going to risk getting yourself thrown in jail pull a stunt like this by just being an awful miserable person anyway, might as well go all the way by hacking POTUS and having some fun/creativity while you're at it, and tweet something completely outlandish but with just that .00001% chance of bring true given it's Trump like:
"The #FakeNews were about to spoil what was supposed to be a wonderful birthday surprise so I'm forced to announce early that Ivanka, who CNN was very mean to, will be the new VPOTUS "ASAP"! Happy birthday sweetie and than you Mike Pence for 3 years of service!"
Or:
"I didn't want to do this, but the #GOP have failed to get me my wall for far too long! Therefore, effective immediately, I'm switching to the Democratic Party and passing all of Nancy Pelosi's "AWFUL" deficit "exploding" bills unless Mitch McConnell gets me my "wall!" #MAGA"

Y'know, something like that, that despite 99.99999% of being fake, would have that tiny bit of doubt given that it's Trump and cause a bunch of chaos until people figure out what's going on. Since if you're going to go out and be an idiot anyway like that, might as well go out big, instead of lame stuff like this that will be forgotten in 5 seconds. I don't get this at all.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Stupid hacker is just shouting profanity's instead of doing something clever like making professional looking announcements that would tank Twitters stock price or maybe do something funny like "We are instituting a new policy where all extremist right wing hate speech will now be prohibited and banned starting with the account of the President of the United States."

But nope, just profanity.
Im going to be honest, this is not the correct way too look at the situation. You shouldnt encourage such behaviour from either side. Hacking accounts to create shitshows helps no one.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Ryan Mac @RMac18

Twitter statement on @jack:

"The phone number associated with the account was compromised due to a security oversight by the mobile provider. This allowed an unauthorized person to compose and send tweets via text message from the phone number. That issue is now resolved."

8:14 PM - Aug 30, 2019

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Reading up on how trivially an employee was bribed into cloning a sim, I can't help but think there really should be federal laws against banks and other major institutions offering SMS-only MFA. Talk about a hot, open, gaping hole in everyone's personal security when they can't be assed to spend the day it would take to offer app-based MFA.