• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
YTxlzQV.gif

Is this you? Do you type even though you know the chat is unreadable? Do you spam garbage BetterTwitchTV emotes like LULW and KEKW 35,000 times a stream? Or do you watch more comfy lower viewer streams with a more reasonable chat speed and a small but nice community?

Thread for people that actually watch Twitch, non-viewers shoo.

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
When the chat is like that, nah. But then again I tend to only use lower-viewed channels and I definitely use chat in those.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I rarely ever type in chat. In the last year I've typed maybe twice in Tim Roger's twitch streams and that's it. I watch mostly VODs on Twitch because my favourite streamers are live while I'm asleep.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I prefer lower viewer streams. But i do like to use LULW.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I pretty much always hide the chat any time I watch a stream.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
if it's someone with about 100-200 viewers or below, sure, sometimes. anything above that makes chat useless.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I don't follow popular streamers so it's more of a community feel.

Oct 25, 2017
Rarely but when I do it's only if I'm watching a smaller streamer who will actually respond not some channel with 20k+ people talking.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
People type in twitch chat for the same reason people do those waves thing with their arms in a stadium. No, no one will notice you and just you lift your arms, it's more about being part of the show ambiance

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
It's usually spam and memes so I hide it an ignore it, but streamers love to overlay it so sometimes you can't get away from it. I generally will avoid participating because it's like adding a drop in the ocean

Some streamers interact with the chat more, usually when it's a few viewers or in limited modes like Subribers only, which makes it more interesting.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Only in chats where it makes sense. If chat goes by as in the first post and there is no moderation, nope. I really enjoy the community that Cohh made and chat there.

Oct 31, 2017
Smaller communities are better for interaction. There are some bigger channels like Cohh or Man where the chat isn't moving a mile a minute. Just stay away from meme chats.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I disabled chat in the lead up to TLOU2, avoiding spoilers and all and truth be told I havent actually turned it back even after beating it.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch anyone with streams that big so if I want to interact with people it's possible and not yelling in to the void. I mostly just have streams up on a side monitor though not super paying attention a lot of the time.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Only in some specific channels. Otherwise I'm a huge lurker as I keep the streams on when I sleep and play games etc.

I talk in Hasan/Mizkif/UberHaxorNova/probably another I can't recall but it's mostly just funny emote spam.
I also used to talk in Reckfuls chat all the time but yeah, sadly I'm no longer able to outside of reruns.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm generally on channels where there's too much going on in chat. I chime in, but don't expect any sort of reply, and what I do chime in with generally isn't very insightful anyways.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄░░░
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░toucan░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░has░░░░░░░░▀▄▄███████████████
░░░░░arrived░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████░░

ASMbly

Nov 13, 2017
I don't chat so often but I love looking at the mess that is larger stream chats. To me watching a big streamer without chat would be like watching a sporting event with no crowd, it's a small but essential part of the viewing experience.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
If the stream is small enough though, the community can be pretty good. Though you'll still get stray monkaS every 3 minutes or something.
Yeah, there are a couple podcasts that stream via twitch where I'll chime in. Still very few and far between though.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Hypocritically, no. Even though I stream and actively wish more people who watch would chat, I find it difficult to do so myself when watching others.

Mish

Aug 9, 2019
If it's a meme chat, almost never but it's funny to look at it to expect some reactions when something is happening.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I turned chat off six years ago and only occasionally turn it back on. I feel like my understanding of Twitch emotes is stuck in 2013, idk what this OmegaLUL shit is.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Code:
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
░▐████▀▒DIDDLY▒▒▒▒▀██████▄
░███▀▒▒▒▒SPAMLY▒▒▒▒▒▀█████
░▐██▒▒▒▒▒▒DOODLY▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌
░▐█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌
░░█▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▒▐███▌
░░░▐░░░▄▄░░▌▐░░░▄▄░░▌▐███▌
░▄▀▌░░░▀▀░░▌▐░░░▀▀░░▌▒▀▒█▌
░▌▒▀▄░░░░▄▀▒▒▀▄░░░▄▀▒▒▄▀▒▌
░▀▄▐▒▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░▀▌▒▄██▄▄▄▄████▄▒▒▒▒█▀
░░░░▄██████████████▒▒▐▌
░░░▀███▀▀████▀█████▀▒▌
░░░░░▌▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▌▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Really depends on the streamer. Some streams are way better to chat in then others.

Usually once it gets past a couple thousand, chat is just shit.