• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So many people that deserve to get hit, and they go after people who do nothing wrong. Twitch is just wack.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Her underwear could be seen at one point in the revealing Mai costume hence the ban there.

I don't know how much she showed during the Chun Li stream but if her underwear was shown at some point that's basically against Twitch policy.
Well sure, but Twitch is a freaking joke. If big partners slip up oh just a slap on the wrist. Smaller channels get the full whip.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So people can say racist shit and get a slap on the wrist but someone dresses in a non-provocative cosplay gets suspended?

SMH Twitch. What the fuck?

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Rightfully deserved the ban as well, how could she wear that on stream? Doesn't hurt to wear 'normal' clothes for a change.

Animal abuse, racism or xenophobia is cool though, doesn't hurt anybody at all.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
This is getting ridiculous. Twitch probably has no idea wht they are actully doing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
should have said the N word or abused animals instead of showing some leg, HOW DARE SHE WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Twitch moderation right now is a complete mess, it seems like none of them are on the same page. They allow things that are wayyyyy more risque (I've no problem with it) and then they ban this girl for something incredibly mild.

If you're a Twitch streamer right now, you kinda have no clue what is and what isn't allowed. Sometimes they'll ban someone and they won't even give a reason, so you're lost on what you even did. Your own fans have to play detective to try and figure out what could've possibly done to have cause your ban,

They gotta figure out their shit.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Animal abuse, racism, sexism, violence, bigotry all A-ok on Twitch!.
But heaven forfend anyone show a small ammount of skin!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can think of plenty of other IRL streamers who show off far more and aren't banned. Why what's this one woman singled out?

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if she wears clothes that reveal her legs, she gets ban, but if she had said the N-word, no ban???

Does that mean that racism cancels out the whole showing skin ban or would Twitch just double down?

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
There is a bit of context missing here. She was previously banned for wearing the same type of costume. One where her hips were exposed and her underwear was exposed at the hip. She was banned for that, which was stupid IMO. But, she chose to wear the exact same type of costume but expected a different outcome. Doing something that you have been banned for already, is just asking for another ban. The problem is with Twitch's TOS. Had this stream been at the beach, this would've been okay I guess.

Do I think she should've been banned? Nope, girls stream in bikinis all the time if they're swimming. But, this particular girl was asking for another ban by wearing something she was already banned for.
Chun-Li and Mai's costumes are totally different.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Their moderation is a shit show. None of them are on the same page and let the wrong shit slide. Body painting is allowed, but showing "too much leg" wearing a cosplay of all things is too much? And lets not forget completely ignoring these clowns throwing out the n word like its nothing with no repercussions. Also there are plenty of other women on the sight showing the entirety of their legs including some ass and they don't get touched with so much as a warning (which they shouldn't, shorts are shorts are shorts are shorts).

Its all a combination of if you are woman, how much of a viewership you have, and the mod team being incredibly incompetent and probably filled with the same dudes that hate women.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Twitch's sexist double standard strikes again, she wouldn't have been put through this if she were a woma-- wait what?

It's hilarious to see people paint Twitch as "SJW" with all the shit they allow on their platform along with them consistently banning smaller female streamers for not dressing conservatively.

Really? Then what is the "This stream is intended for mature audiences" thing for?

Racism, transphobia, and misogyny?

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
twitch needs to get its crap together and not allow people to weaponize the reporting feature. It's obvious when it happens and yet it still happens.

It's too bad people won't massively stop supporting twitch for trying to police women and what they wear instead of actually dealing with their toxic culture.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk that's a pretty solid cosplay.

Boneheaded decision on Twitch's part

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's hilarious to see people paint Twitch as "SJW" with all the shit they allow on their platform along with them consistently banning smaller female streamers for not dressing conservatively.

A contingent of people here secretly take KEEMSTAR seriously (and are just in general bad at holding white dude streamers in particular accountable) and it's low-key sickening

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Really? Then what is the "This stream is intended for mature audiences" thing for?

I would assume violence, swearing, or sexualized content that is not nudity (which is what my original post was getting at--if you can stream sexualized content that isn't sex/actual nudity, why the fuck can't this girl show off her legs which is just like a normal fucking human body part).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If you're normally playing a game and you come across nudity like it's intended and you continue playing the game normally, it's totally fine. It's only an issue if you do shit with the game's nudity that's not normal. Like if you just keep re-doing the nude bits or zoom into the nudity with your streaming program, shit like that. You'd have to go out of your way to get ban for showing nudity in a game.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
twitch stays trash. She could've done something like amouranth or whatever, have an "accident" and only get banned for 24 hours or whatever the fuck it was

Trickstah

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Twitch is a joke. I do think there are some Twitch staff who really don't like certain streamers to the point of just banning them.

Not too long ago, the streamer xQc was going to get a 3 day ban but it was then overturned and he was unbanned for 2/3 frames and a couple pixels showing the tiniest glimpse of a ballsack. No one in chat reacted to these few frames or anything and neither did the streamer. But apparently, someone at Twitch spent their time looking for those few frames just to hand him the ban.

The inconsistency in them listening to their own TOS is just so random.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Damn shame because from the looks of it shes a pretty damn good cosplayer what is wrong with Twitch and some of it's users

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Why the hell are the social media and streaming sites so fucking bad at being human and not being idiot douchebags??

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Should've said something racist instead, then they'd find every excuse in the book not to ban her.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Has Twitch not seen you know... the game Chun Li is from that they allow to stream on their service?
I do believe I remember watching a lot of Chun Li at an event on Twitch a month or so back...

They've probably never heard of it... a little something called "EVO"...🙄

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume violence, swearing, or sexualized content that is not nudity (which is what my original post was getting at--if you can stream sexualized content that isn't sex/actual nudity, why the fuck can't this girl show off her legs which is just like a normal fucking human body part).
Because Incels are a bunch of losers

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Recently Amouranth was banned only a day and a half for exposing her privates (more than 10 seconds).

Those bans are just inconsistent, that's the big problem. And they won't say it clear what's really allowed or not

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I really don't get why twitch becoming so so extreme.... it is almost like they are turning into religous cult.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
What? Don't many other streamers do body painting, and weird psudo-sexual asmr stuff and whatever hell Amouranth does, etc, etc??

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is so fucking stupid. I wonder how those people can function on a daily basis. Twitch can really fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
How many of these people who were flagging and in favor of Twitch's suspension decision are also the "don't come for my Mortal Kombat sling bikinis" sorts, because I'm thinking it's all of them