• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone wants to see the other streamer's apology:

Her apology came across as so much more genuine than the other one that she just should've stopped there before making excuses again. Way better than whatever the fuck that last one from the other streamer was tho, that's for sure.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
OK, let's be real. Bets on how long until we hear "I can't be racist, my main is black"?

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm so sorry, y'all, and as you can tell I can only afford a single lamp, so please subscribe and donate and join my patreon. Byyyyyyyyyye!"

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Noel Brown is actually Justin's best friend.
That doesn't mean he can't be and isn't racist, and he definitely is excusing racism there.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Reinforcing harmful stereotypes; numerous previous infractions
I bet $20 they have White boyfriends.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
The one with the camera (phone, probably?) fucked up, but the pink-haired one only seemed to be running to catch up to her friend and laughing at how stupid she was being.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like most of the Asians in my family are pretty racist. Especially the religious ones.

My wife's family is surprisingly bigoted. The most hilariously absurd part is that some of the language they use about black folks they also use towards other Chinese people who are not from Shanghai, like, I've heard them refer to Beijinger's as "土老帽", basically "hillbilly".

It extends to other Asian ethnicities as well. The Japanese "are savages". My wife's cousin married a Filipino woman who had her own successful tourist company yet his mother and father referred to her as "the help" when discussing her.

It's wild.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
My wife's family is surprisingly bigoted. The most hilariously absurd part is that some of the language they use about black folks they also use towards other Chinese people who are not from Shanghai, like, I've heard them refer to Beijinger's as "土老帽", basically "hillbilly".

It extends to other Asian ethnicities as well. The Japanese "are savages". My wife's cousin married a Filipino woman who had her own successful tourist company yet his mother and father referred to her as "the help" when discussing her.

It's wild.

I heard my Taiwanese friend refer to Cantonese speakers as 'ghetto'. Had to pull her ass up about that one.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao this is the most fake/coached thing I've ever seen. Also Daigo >>>>> Justin Wong even more now.

550px-Whiteknight.png

Oct 28, 2017
She says the guy was behind her, but where? Sounds like a complete lie. She also doesn't seem that nervous at all in the video this is about.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
User banned (Permanent): Rationalizing Racism; previous severe infractions
It doesn't feel racist to me. Just one of those casual stereotype jokes you make to get a laugh. The girls ended up apologizing for it so they're okay with me.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017

It's wild.
My fiancé is Hmong and before she stopped talking to half for family (it's complicated) she once went over her grandparents house and her dad side of the family assumed I was some abuser and I probably sell weed and they said don't be afraid to tell us. That was part of the reason she stopped talking to them which was years ago. They prefer white/Asian ppl.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't feel racist to me. Just one of those casual stereotype jokes you make to get a laugh. The girls ended up apologizing for it so they're okay with me.
It's a dumb joke and people in the vicinity probably didn't appreciate it. The presumption of criminality ain't a punchline, thats shit nearly all Black people have to deal with and some lose their lives over.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
"It's not racism! It's racial stereotyping as a joke, huge difference because who doesn't like laughing at the idea that black men are scary violent criminals who want to hurt you and steal your shit... it's so funny! We forgive you queens"

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
They all know Jamie I'm pretty sure. The circle of Asian IRL streamers isn't that big. Toast is very hard to listen to
I mean he must see the others react to his half formed sentences, yet he just plows on. He did point out in the end that even he knows saying 'what's up my naga' is not just describing a Warcraft race.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why calling out Asians as being especially bigoted has anything to do with anything other than confirmation bias with a white supremacist bent. An Asian person calling a black person a "nigger" is white supremacy. A black person calling an Asian person a "chink" is white supremacy. These Asian women clutching their purses and running is white supremacy. Putting it all on these women without addressing the society that informs them is peak white liberalism. If a snapchat of me getting called a "gook" by a black guy went viral, would there be a couple dozen posts about how black people are racist against Asians and how "my black wife's family hates Asians?" I would think not because that would hopefully be met with the call outs for using "my black friend." It's really telling that this doesn't apply when it comes to Asians and especially Asian women. Frankly, I hope the apology is genuine, but there is absolutely no way to be sure outside of seeing their future actions.

Inter-ethnic conflicts within the Asian community is a lot more complicated than "Asians are racist against other Asians!"

Last edited:

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
The way they giggle and hold their purses mockingly pisses me off. Plenty of other asians are around black and Hispanic and Indian and middle eastern people all the time, you wouldn't catch just any dainty Asian girl scurrying from a black dude giggling and holding her bag. No excuses for these two.

Jan 3, 2018
I dont know how trustworthy it is, but i did read in a reddit thread about the apologize video from JVNA that there is another clip which shows how they two did the running and purse holding
again because one of them did forget something and they had to go past the same dude.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I don't see why calling out Asians as being especially bigoted has anything to do with anything other than confirmation bias with a white supremacist bent. An Asian person calling a black person a "nigger" is white supremacy. A black person calling an Asian person a "chink" is white supremacy. These Asian women clutching their purses and running is white supremacy. Putting it all on these women without addressing the society that informs them is peak white liberalism. If a snapchat of me getting called a "gook" by a black guy went viral, would there be a couple dozen posts about how black people are racist against Asians and how "my black wife's family hates Asians?" I would think not because that would hopefully be met with the call outs for using "my black friend." It's really telling that this doesn't apply when it comes to Asians and especially Asian women. Frankly, I hope the apology is genuine, but there is absolutely no way to be sure outside of seeing their future actions.

Inter-ethnic conflicts within the Asian community is a lot more complicated than "Asians are racist against other Asians!"

Yes there would be.

You can't just throw out white supremacy to absolve any non-white race from being racist towards another minority.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those girls did a really shitty thing, and they should be rightly raked over the coals for it.

But can the Asians and the white people who think they have Asian cred because they have Asian girlfriends shut the hell up about how such-and-such family is racist? Just because the family you know is racist doesn't mean all of them are. There's no need to throw other Asians under the bus to impress white people with how woke you are.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes there would be.

You can't just throw out white supremacy to absolve any non-white race from being racist towards another minority.
And you don't see a problem with white men appropriating their PoC partners voice to confirm their white supremacist biases? There are people rightfully shitting on Justin Wong for talking about his black friend, yet no one says anything about the dudes in this very thread talking about the families of their Asian gf/wives in the same spirit.

No one is being absolved here. Unless you think racism is just racism, you don't understand what racism really is and understand racism in a way that's functionally no better than Justin Wong's.