• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Twitch streamer Narcissawright who tweeted:

Got perm banned and within ONE WEEK, Twitch accepted her appeal and reduced her ban to 22 days:

I'm sure you all know Tyler1s girlfriend Macaiyla? She threatened to bomb a school and got perm banned for 2 years before Twitch finally gave her another chance.

Velvet_7 a Korean streamer from Canada got banned multiple times from a "mistake" on Twitchs part and then got perm banned:

Velvet_7 was banned for 18 months before Twitch finally accepted her appeal (she was rejected several times before).

I find it weird how one can express "remorse" and be so changed after 1 week and get perm ban reduced to 22 days, yet appeals from these 2 streamers were rejected multiple times. Crazy how quick they overturned this ban when there are multiple streamers who get banned for unfair reasons and don't even get a reply back.

Another case of Twitchs ban leadership.

Also, before anyone says "Things work differently in Korea for Korean streamers. Velvet_7 lives and streams from Canada. I remember when this happened a lot of people on Twitter kept bringing up that Korea Twitch handles things differently, so I'd rather make sure it's known she doesn't stream or live in Korea so doesn't abide by their rules.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Any irregularity with how they reverse bans probably has to do with a constantly changing staff at Twitch, regional differences (not that that's an issue here though like you say) and the handling of it on a case-by-case basis.

Also, hasn't Narcissa been going through a tough bout of mental health problems/stream harassment lately? I could see them cutting her some slack for that.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Any irregularity with how they reverse bans probably has to do with a constantly changing staff at Twitch, regional differences (not that that's an issue here though like you say) and the handling of it on a case-by-case basis.

Also, hasn't Narcissa been going through a tough bout of mental health problems/stream harassment lately? I could see them cutting her some slack for that.

The inconsistencies are so extreme that something has clearly gone wrong with their system that needed fixing a long time ago.
Surely there are some kind of guidelines the staff are supposed follow in regards to suspension other than "fuck it, just choose a number that feels right"
Also, reporting people who are clearly breaking ToS with being bigoted and antagonistic to others seemed to do absolutely nothing, and I have proof of that.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Doesn't seem that strange given that the threat was aimed at Twitch itself, I would say it's up to them to forgive her and resort to a shorter ban, whereas they can't forgive her on behalf of schools or other threatened places?

(I would imagine not everyone at Twitch is happy she got her ban reduced though)

OP
OP
I_love_potatoes

I_love_potatoes

Banned
Jul 6, 2020

She streamed herself going through 4Chan and then crying on stream after reading a bunch of stuff. What she needs is help and I don't think Twitch unbanning her for this is going to help anything. She'll go back doing what she wants knowing that being "remorseful" will work again.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I could accept that except she threatened to shoot people though.

Yeah I still don't think you unban her for a while cuz of that but I'm just trying to understand why they'd reverse a perma-ban to just weeks.

She streamed herself going through 4Chan and then crying on stream after reading a bunch of stuff. What she needs is help and I don't think Twitch unbanning her for this is going to help anything. She'll go back doing what she wants knowing that being "remorseful" will work again.

Oof, sounds like her mental health might be better off not streaming.

The inconsistencies are so extreme that something has clearly gone wrong with their system that needed fixing a long time ago.
Surely there are some kind of guidelines the staff are supposed follow in regards to suspension other than "fuck it, just choose a number that feels right"
Also, reporting people who are clearly breaking ToS with being bigoted and antagonistic to others seemed to do absolutely nothing, and I have proof of that.

This is also a sentiment with my friends who watch a lot of Twitch.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Doesn't seem that strange given that the threat was aimed at Twitch itself, I would say it's up to them to forgive her and resort to a shorter ban, whereas they can't forgive her on behalf of schools or other threatened places?

(I would imagine not everyone at Twitch is happy she got her ban reduced though)

That would be nuts though, are they gotta take responsibility for their employees safety if she actually goes through with it?

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly... this just seems like business between Twitch and these people, whoever they are. Like, this sort of thing feels close to off-site drama to me, but I guess I'll throw in my two cents and say if I worked at Twitch I would absolutely feel uncomfortable about the notion of extending additional chances to people who threatened the lives of myself and coworkers, even if it's in jest.

OP
OP
I_love_potatoes

I_love_potatoes

Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Oof, sounds like her mental health might be better off not streaming.

Exactly. She needs to seek help rather than thinking she can get away with anything online.

Honestly... this just seems like business between Twitch and these people, whoever they are. Like, this sort of thing feels close to off-site drama to me, but I guess I'll throw in my two cents and say if I worked at Twitch I would absolutely feel uncomfortable about the notion of extending additional chances to people who threatened the lives of myself and coworkers, even if it's in jest.

Yeah, same here. Especially in a country that is known to have daily mass shootings.

I just find it crazy how a woman with big breasts is more rule breaking for Twitch even though she can't control the size of her breasts as they'll literally always be there no matter what clothes she wears, compared to someone who threatens a mass shooting. Boggles my mind.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
People here were giving them a pass for that shooting threat tweet. "It's not who they are". The thread got locked before it went any further. I don't know how especially in the US that isn't taken very seriously.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is sad and concerning situation, but ultimately we don't want to host a thread on someone's mental breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.