• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The advice to get a firearm is dumb as shit.

If you could get a gun here, the stalker would have one.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
User banned (5 days): insensitive commentary over multiple posts
She would be doing this while risking a prison term. I get that being alive is better than prison, but she shouldn't have to deal with such a terrible dilemma.

and yet here we are

if she cant get a gun she better get a quality alternative weapon

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Telling her to get a gun is insane. The problem here is the police not doing enough, seemingly mostly from their own inaction, or perhaps by issues with the legal system. The answer is reform to fix the problem and in this specific case right now, for people in her life who can help practically helping, especially with getting a lawyer. "Getting a gun" is abandoning civil society and descending into everyone for themselves, making most people be in far greater danger. You're not helping people with this, you are abandoning them. You are telling them to get in greater danger. It's disgusting, actually. The US is a cautionary tale and nothing else.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017

A guy from New Zealand pulled this shit with a girl from the US, actually travelled over and tried breaking in and her mom ended up shooting him. That ain't going to work in the UK though.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017

If people aren't allowed to arm themselves, they have to have faith that the police and legal system are going to protect them. The US system has a million flaws, but I fail to see how the UK's is any better in this instance.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can American morons stop promoting guns. We don't need them in this country and we're all much better without them.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Can American morons stop promoting guns. We don't need them in this country and we're all much better without them.

There was one person in the thread who had a reasonable alternative suggestion (her getting a lawyer), and it seems like they were American.

If you want to shut them up, signal boost the reasonable suggestions instead of this

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
A guy from New Zealand pulled this shit with a girl from the US, actually travelled over and tried breaking in and her mom ended up shooting him. That ain't going to work in the UK though.
If people aren't allowed to arm themselves, they have to have faith that the police and legal system are going to protect them. The US system has a million flaws, but I fail to see how the UK's is any better in this instance.

My sister's stalker slashed her car tires and tried to break in. Don't hold up your Rambo wish fulfilment anecdote like it means shit.

The guy has threatened this streamer with a knife. He absolutely 100% would threaten her with a gun if it were possible. One instance of a womans mother shooting an attacker doesn't mean anything with the massive amount of cases going the other way for the victim.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
My sister's stalker slashed her car tires and tried to break in. Don't hold up your Rambo wish fulfilment anecdote like it means shit.

The guy has threatened this streamer with a knife. He absolutely 100% would threaten her with a gun if it were possible. One instance of a womans mother shooting an attacker doesn't mean anything with the massive amount of cases going the other way for the victim.

What happened with your family's stalker situation?

Kyle Key

Apr 15, 2018
Man, Wales Interactive couldn't have picked a worse day to release the trailer for "Gamer Girl."

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
What happened with your family's stalker situation?

Got someone bigger who the stalker was scared of to threaten them. Threaten being the most I'm saying on a public forum.

Nothing else worked. Not the police. Not attempting to get a restraining order, nothing. I til that point he was willing to do anything.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda nuts how local authorities are so useless with this stuff. Thousands of women per year die in similar conditions, many times it is exes.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017

I'm from the UK, I wasn't advocating using a gun, just highlighting how different it can be when shit goes down over there with similar situations. Like someone else said, I'm surprised a sibiling, close friend or someone else hasn't stepped in to help a bit. Maybe she's on her own.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm from the UK, I wasn't advocating using a gun, just highlighting how different it can be when shit goes down over there with similar situations. Like someone else said, I'm surprised a sibiling, close friend or someone else hasn't stepped in to help a bit. Maybe she's on her own.

Sure, but my point is that if you allow guns here then the stalker becomes several times more dangerous.

The only defence agaisnt it would be the chance that she arms herself and is capable of killing him before he kills her. She still in danger at the moment but not in as much definite danger as if guns were legal.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Got someone bigger who the stalker was scared of to threaten them. Threaten being the most I'm saying on a public forum.

Nothing else worked. Not the police. Not attempting to get a restraining order, nothing. I til that point he was willing to do anything.

That's messed up. Would hope there'd be alternatives aside from threatening violence, but law enforcement seems to be useless in these situations.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019

This is one thing im thinking in this situation though I don't know if that would be enough for this particular person. I'm honestly not that gung-ho about firearms, but the people dismissing it because of the concept versus the actual practicality were pissing me off. It feels like she needs to get a little legally creative at this point, and fast.

She can't just sit around and I'm fairly certain she's exhausted the standard legal options at this point, its been years of her being afraid for her life.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
She's talked about this for a long time and no one that can help will do anything. At this point the cops are just going to let her get killed before they step in.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
1. It's a tragedy how much law enforcement is failing her right now.

2. If possible I would just move if I was her without telling anyone where I was going. Pack up whatever minimal amount of stuff you need and just ghost.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
2. If possible I would just move if I was her without telling anyone where I was going. Pack up whatever minimal amount of stuff you need and just ghost.

She's talked about this not being a good option for her before, he would find her and she's taking care of her mom IIRC which limits her options

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That's messed up. Would hope there'd be alternatives aside from threatening violence, but law enforcement seems to be useless in these situations.

I'm not going to go into any further detail on it but I was sitting there, as the police officer was talking on the radio and the person on other end said the last cop had reported the situation resolved (hadnt even gone to speak to the stalker after saying they would).

And he just looked at us and said "right, um... He shouldn't have done that."

Nov 14, 2017
First, this is super fucked up. She has some of the best streams.

Second, wtf is wrong with you people? Why would you instantly just say 'get a gun OMEGALUL'? America is so fucked up.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Okay, my last post in this topic. Again, don't own a gun, have no interest in doing so, and have barely interacted with them in my life. There isn't a single thing that has been posted that will convince me that, in this situation, if she didn't have Tourette's and didn't live in a country where it was illegal to do so, that she'd be any less safe than she is right now if she had a pistol for self defense. If that makes me another stupid American, then so be it. I've never heard of this person before today, but I don't want to see her get hurt, especially because everyone she relied on for protection has failed her.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is terrifying. How the hell does the police allow this to continue after all the scary situations she's already been in? Poor girl.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Read the article but couldn't find anything about a restraining order. Does she already have one? I would think that'd be key to getting him sentenced long-term, with an escalating sentence if he repeatedly broke the order afterwards.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Read the article but couldn't find anything about a restraining order. Does she already have one? I would think that'd be key to getting him sentenced long-term, with an escalating sentence if he repeatedly broke the order afterwards.

V

Wait, 3 months ago Sweet Anita said the stalker got a restraining order.
nc1pjvfghlr41.jpg

So the dude just ignored it?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
This is one thing im thinking in this situation though I don't know if that would be enough for this particular person. I'm honestly not that gung-ho about firearms, but the people dismissing it because of the concept versus the actual practicality were pissing me off. It feels like she needs to get a little legally creative at this point, and fast.

She can't just sit around and I'm fairly certain she's exhausted the standard legal options at this point, its been years of her being afraid for her life.

Okay, my last post in this topic. Again, don't own a gun, have no interest in doing so, and have barely interacted with them in my life. There isn't a single thing that has been posted that will convince me that, in this situation, if she didn't have Tourette's and didn't live in a country where it was illegal to do so, that she'd be any less safe than she is right now if she had a pistol for self defense. If that makes me another stupid American, then so be it. I've never heard of this person before today, but I don't want to see her get hurt, especially because everyone she relied on for protection has failed her.

I apologise that I insinuated anything about yous (likewise everyone else). I got a bit worked up and yous have her safety in mind.

But I don't believe that a gun will make her safer. If someone comes at you with a gun, you have to take it out, point at them and have the will to fire most people don't get past step 1.

Whereas if the stalker comes at her with a gun he's already got himself worked up to shoot and has the weapon drawn and loaded.

There is a very small window of circumstance that she would have to protect herself with a firearm.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
anita on stream going in on people telling her to get a gun, get martial arts training, getting an attack dog, getting a big buff boi.

she's working on something and calling to other streamers to help. she says she's going to make an example of her stalker, that she is going to change the law.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
There's clear intent to murder, how do the police not put him in jail just for that and sentence him? What the fuck Met Office.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
She's already been assaulted. I clearly know she can't get a gun, but I'm not against her having something to defend herself. Clearly the police aren't doing a damn thing.

I'm not big on guns but in her case I say ehh she might need some sort of personal protection if the law isn't going to help. This person isn't going to stop at assault.

Alternatively, booby trap the back yard lol.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Whew man that's a lot of US idiots here screaming get a gun. Actually disgusting. It's like people can't even consider other defense tools that aren't lethal like pepper spray, tasers or what not. We all know the stats on a shit country like the US that is all gun fanatic and where that leads so no thanks.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not big on guns but in her case I say ehh she might need some sort of personal protection if the law isn't going to help. This person isn't going to stop at assault.

Alternatively, booby trap the back yard lol.
She can't just get a gun, she lives in the UK. How does everyone keep missing that?

If she lived in a place where guns were that easy to get her stalker would've already had one and she'd probably be dead already. This back and forth over guns is pointless, it's not an option. When this kind of thing happens in the US, if a gun is involved then the vast majority of the time the victim is the one who gets shot.

What a scary situation for her though, I think her best option is to have some friends come stay with her to act as a deterrent, since the police won't do shit.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
She can't just get a gun, she lives in the UK. How does everyone keep missing that?

If she lived in a place where guns were that easy to get her stalker would've already had one and she'd probably be dead already. This back and forth over guns is pointless, it's not an option. When this kind of thing happens in the US, if a gun is involved then the vast majority of the time the victim is the one who gets shot.

What a scary situation for her though, I think her best option is to have some friends come stay with her to act as a deterrent, since the police won't do shit.

Calm down lol. I know she can't have one, I was speaking figuratively (and also why I suggested booby trapping lol).

Oct 31, 2017
How does she manage to sleep?

thats fucking insane. I hope this gains a shitload of traction, and I hope the police department is bombarded by calls to the point where they're forced to put this guy behind bars for a long time