• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
She's already been assaulted. I clearly know she can't get a gun, but I'm not against her having something to defend herself. Clearly the police aren't doing a damn thing.

She should reach out to a lawyer in my opinion. If she can't get them to do anything a lawyer will.

Assuming they hate legal paperwork as much as the US police.

Oct 25, 2017
The police need to do more. I feel like I always read stories where they completely fail women in these kind of situations and sadly the outcome is always horrible.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
yes I agree she should put her and everyone in her home at a much higher risk with almost no benefit whatsoever

he is clearly a very reasonable person who would definitely respond appropriately when he finds out a gun is involved

Dude, she doesn't need to broadcast to the whole entire world that she has a gun (not that she can legally get one in the UK anyway, as has been established). What would you have her do if she is getting no support from the people who are supposed to protect her? You want her to just sit around until he assaults her again? I don't particularly like guns and have fired one exactly one time in my entire life, but at a certain point when you are getting death threats you need to take more extreme measures. Don't be naive.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Dude, she doesn't need to broadcast to the whole entire world that she has a gun (not that she can legally get one in the UK anyway, as has been established). What would you have her do if she is getting no support from the people who are supposed to protect her? You want her to just sit around until he assaults her again? I don't particularly like guns and have fired one exactly one time in my entire life, but at a certain point when you are getting death threats you need to take more extreme measures. Don't be naive.
the only naive one here is you who thinks introducing a gun into this situation is likely to help in any possible way instead of just increasing the chance of death for her or the ones around her

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
the only naive one here is you who thinks introducing a gun into this situation is likely to help in any possible way instead of just increasing the chance of death for her or the ones around her

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Hope she stays safe, finds help, and can move on with her life without having to constantly look over her shoulder.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2017
There absolutely are laws against this sort of thing in the UK. Section 127 of the communications act 2003 would cover the death threats for a start.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if some of their inaction stems from her condition. She's talked at length before about how long it took for her to find out her exact condition and the struggles she's had with being taken seriously as a result of it. This is abhorrent; just a total abdication of their duty to serve and protect.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Wait, 3 months ago Sweet Anita said the stalker got a restraining order.
nc1pjvfghlr41.jpg

So the dude just ignored it?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I don't own a gun and have no plans to, but if I had a guy doing this I would 100% get one and not tell anyone else.
i don't know what you want me to say

people keep saying they want to actively increase their and everyone else's chance of injury and death in the house and make it much less safe

like okay congrats? i don't think that's a good plan but if you think dying sounds good go for it?

it does not help you. you have seen too many movies and heard too many american conservatives and think guns are some magic solution to this

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Yes the laws and protection are extremely lacking but "get a gun" is not the answer

Christ

The police aren't helping her, and she has/had a restraining order which he has violated. I fail to see what other option she has at this point other than to just sit and hope for the best.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Stalking can (and often does) continue to escalate and can turn deadly very quickly, this needs to be taken extremely seriously.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Her life is honestly in his hands at this point, not sure what she could do. She can't get police help, according to people ITT she cant (and maybe shouldnt...?) get protection, so whats the move here?

She is basically a tragedy waiting to happen and damn near everyone is enabling it.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Restraining orders aren't shit to a lot of these people who are clearly out of their minds. What is this piece of paper going to do to prevent him from just straight up coming in and killing her? It's pretty much a "you have one last chance to do it, don't get caught!"

I can't imagine the situation that she's in. It's fucking scary.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"The cops can't do anything about being a creep" but I'm pretty sure attempted assault with a deadly weapon is a felony worth some jail time in most of the civilized world.

Verbal threats are also a crime if they are specific and believable in the US.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Holy shit that must be scary for her. Hopefully everything can be resolved before anything happens to her and she can feel safe again.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the firearm talk because:

She can't. She's in the UK.

She has Tourette's syndrome.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Like, I totally get not wanting to encourage her to get a gun. When I first advocated that, I was unaware of her medical condition nor of the firearm laws in the UK. That said, she has literally done everything that folks in this thread have suggested and yet the issue persists. Poch and Dash, you two are basically just telling her to take her chances now.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
This is why USA is fucked.

"Get a gun!!!"

It's not a fucking movie, lads.

I don't get the firearm talk because:

She can't. She's in the UK.

She has Tourette's syndrome.

You guys are just saying the same thing over and over. Because society, the same one that has failed her, says she cant get a gun, she shouldnt arm herself to protect herself. She should just wait and hope he doesnt follow through on his stalking.

She should take steps to reclaim her life from this insane person

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Like, I totally get not wanting to encourage her to get a gun. When I first advocated that, I was unaware of her medical condition nor of the firearm laws in the UK. That said, she has literally done everything that folks in this thread have suggested and yet the issue persists. Poch and Dash, you two are basically just telling her to take her chances now.
I've not told her to do anything, I'm telling you and others that her getting a gun is bad advice

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

A firearm isn't going to help her, what's so hard to understand here? There's a fuckton of data to back that up. It's a bad idea.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Stalkers really are such fucking scum. Lets hope this one accidentally ends up on the end of a few well placed punches to the face.

A very close friend of mine had to put up with human vermin like this guy stalking Anita and no matter what she tried to do from a legal stand point nothing deterred him and it only stopped when the fucker died of an illness.

I will never celebrate the death of anyone but it was a huge relief to my friend when the stalker did die. She went from being a confident outgoing person to being scared to leave her own house at one point. I really hope Anita will be fine as she is such a lovely person and no deserves to be stalked as it is terrifying.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
You guys are just saying the same thing over and over. Because society, the same one that has failed her, says she cant get a gun, she shouldnt arm herself to protect herself. She should just wait and hope he doesnt follow through on his stalking.

She should take steps to reclaim her life from this insane person
I get it. But the suggestions are not sustainable because it is illegal and the training requirements for her to use it successfully are not available on top her medical condition would could make it worse.

She actually needs something more urgent. Because let's say she obtains an illegal firearm, how long would she need to train to get proficient at it to use it with Tourette's? Where is she going to train? Does the UK have firing ranges?

She would be doing this while risking a prison term. I get that being alive is better than prison, but she shouldn't have to deal with such a terrible dilemma.