• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I know people here may have watched this guy in the past, he has some Rock Band 2 record and was the first person to ever hit Pirate Legend in Sea of Thieves.

www.dexerto.com

Twitch streamer Prod1gyX arrested on charges of child abuse - Dexerto

Long-time Sea of Thieves streamer Prod1gyX has been charged on four felony counts, including two counts of first-degree child abuse.

Streamer Robert Paz, known as Prod1gyX on Twitch, has been arrested and charged on four felony counts — two counts of first-degree child rape and two counts of first-degree child molestation.

Six months after Robert had left their household on Valentine's Day, Bonny told Insider she called Child Protective Services after she heard allegations related to her children and Robert. Bonny says the "police conducted forensic interviews" with the kids. Bonny said she was notified of Robert's arrest on March 25.

What the fuck?!

DoktorAkcel

Aug 30, 2019
Another "be a popular streamer and don't be an awful human being" challenge failed.

Seriously, why that always happens?

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's a higher proportion (there are thousands of streamers). But I imagine its much easier to lure people when you have a following. Same with celebs in general.

It's easier to commit crime and "lure" someone in because young people are often attracted to internet fame? Idk.

The victims were his own step-children.

Edit: After rereading the article I was mistaken. The allegations came from the step children, not that they were necessarily the victims.

Why are such a high proportion of streamers such hideous people?

I don't know if this is statistically true. But if it were, I imagine it's the same reason why executives exhibit psychopathic traits at higher than rates than the rest of the population. Having fewer morals might make it easier to be successful on social media.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck. I watched him sometimes on the platforms he was. Making sure i am unsubbed from everyone one of them. Fuck him

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Bruh I just checked his Twitch and he has videos with 29 views and a grand total of 129 followers. There's a difference between a Twitch streamer and "someone who streams on Twitch," hopefully he does neither in the future. I think in this case the guy is cooked regardless due to the charges, but my concern is in other cases when people have like 29 followers and get Resetera threads for doing shitty things they are actually getting a ton of advertisement and it helps them more than hurts them.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Why are such a high proportion of streamers such hideous people?
Generally, I believe it's due to the ego. This doesn't really apply to this person who has basically no audience but I think there's an observable phenomenon overall.

Being a popular content creator or streamer can feed into someone's narcissistic tendencies. Your job is to just be you (or a performed version of you) on camera for thousands of people who like to watch that content just because you're you. You are the product. You are what everyone likes. This kind of validation for someone with a narcissistic personality or an inflated ego can be very reassuring that they can do no wrong. As they become popular and powerful the abuse of that popularity and power is simply inevitable.

But just imagine the reassurance you must feel to have thousands of people who tune in every day to watch you play video games. Imagine the sense of authority you'd feel knowing you had so many people who looked upon you with such dedication and reverence. All you're doing is playing video games and people come to watch you do it. The confidence and entitlement that can stem from that is going to alter your behavior dramatically.

There is also the detachment phenomenon where you begin to mold your personality around channel metrics. The development of your personality and ideology is reinforced entirely by what gets you more views. More views means means more support and more support means you're "doing the right thing." When your entire value system revolves around what gets more people to pay attention to you then your values no longer have any basis in morality. This created a really antisocial way of relating to others - including your audience. They belong to you. Why shouldn't you do what you want with them?

Naturally this is not the case for every streamer or creator so don't think I'm saying that. But whenever we see a YouTuber or a streamer turn out to be a total freak this is what I think about. You saw this kind of dynamic a lot with creators like Onision, who provides the model for this type of behavior.

But I am not a psychologist. This is just what I think after watching this sort of thing happen over and over and over again for a long time. Even "good creators" that I like have exhibited some of these traits over time. I find it really worrying. It cannot be healthy to have to maintain a daily relationship with thousands or even tens of thousands of people that you will never meet but think you are their personal friend. This can challenge good people and bring out the worst in bad ones, I think.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh I just checked his Twitch and he has videos with 29 views and a grand total of 129 followers. There's a difference between a Twitch streamer and "someone who streams on Twitch," hopefully he does neither in the future. I think in this case the guy is cooked regardless due to the charges, but my concern is in other cases when people have like 29 followers and get Resetera threads for doing shitty things they are actually getting a ton of advertisement and it helps them more than hurts them.

He had a peak of 14k viewers. I think when he was doing the Sea of Thieves thing. So not a staple big name, but definitely had 5 minutes of fame.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this guy a lot when he was approaching pirate legend.

It's wild to think about how depraved people hide in plain sight.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Bruh I just checked his Twitch and he has videos with 29 views and a grand total of 129 followers.

Do you have the right guy? His Twitch has been deleted, so you can't see anything there right now.

He has 9k followers on Twitter, is listed as "Xbox Guru, SyFy's WCG Ultimate Gamer, Guiness World Record Holder" and is sponsored by Oculus Rift.

And the article says "Prod1gyX has built a fanbase of nearly 50,000 followers on Twitch since he first began streaming on the Amazon-owned platform in late November 2016. "

Edit: Yeah I think you found prod1gyx97, who is NOT Prod1gyX.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this dude popped off? i used to watch him maybe around when gears of war 4 came out and he was like a 50 viewer streamer.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
This was the guy that hit Pirate Legend first in the world....fuck I vaguely remember this guy, fucking horrible (for the victims not him).

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Do you have the right guy? His Twitch has been deleted, so you can't see anything there right now.

He has 9k followers on Twitter, is listed as "Xbox Guru, SyFy's WCG Ultimate Gamer, Guiness World Record Holder" and is sponsored by Oculus Rift.

And the article says "Prod1gyX has built a fanbase of nearly 50,000 followers on Twitch since he first began streaming on the Amazon-owned platform in late November 2016. "

Ok yeah, I saw this guy Prod1gyX97.

Feel bad for him though, having such a similar name.

And Ok yeah with the that high amount of followers I agree he definitely needed to be exposed.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth that's Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Is it a requirement for popular twitch streamers to be trash? I hope he gets what he deserves. No one should feel pitty for people like that.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's fallen out of relevance but he's still pretty big.

Sponsored, was on Syfy's gamer show, big xbox/MS guy etc. The last relevant thing he did was hit PL first.

And in true scumbag fashion, he did not do it "legitimately" Instead he leveraged his online community to basically invite him to the crew every time they were about to turn in a big loot haul. Zero work. All grift.

Rare has been doing cool stuff my immortalizing players for cool actions within the game and I believe he is not even immortalized .

Dec 11, 2017
He's fallen out of relevance but he's still pretty big.

Sponsored, was on Syfy's gamer show, big xbox/MS guy etc. The last relevant thing he did was hit PL first.

And in true scumbag fashion, he did not do it "legitimately" Instead he leveraged his online community to basically invite him to the crew every time they were about to turn in a big loot haul. Zero work. All grift.

Rare has been doing cool stuff my immortalizing players for cool actions within the game and I believe he is not even immortalized .
I believe there is a book hidden in the world called something like "The Tale of the Rubbish Pirate" that is just making fun of him. He's definitely not the kind of player that Rare envisioned becoming the first "Pirate Legend".

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe there is a book hidden in the world called something like "The Tale of the Rubbish Pirate" that is just making fun of him. He's definitely not the kind of player that Rare envisioned becoming the first "Pirate Legend".
seaofthieves.fandom.com

The Tale of the Rubbish Sailor

The Tale of the Rubbish Sailor is a journal that can be found at various locations in-game and provides a short tale of an unnamed, cowardly, and thieving pirate. The text itself may be a poem or a shanty, given the rhyming nature. Unlike the Mysterious Journal, this journal does not provide the...

I don't think its about him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any easter eggs. But could be mistaken.

Rare basically refused to recognize him in any official capacity. I do recall an interview or something where they mentioned the first PL did it in a very cheap way and he became a villian in the community. That aspect of it is something they liked, that a "legend" was created.

Of course if he was immortalized in any way its a good time to remove it lol

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't his name somewhere within Sea of Thieves? Although I remember that whoever declared himself the first Pirate Legend did so with some controversy around it, so I don't know if Rare bothered to acknowledge them

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
This has nothinag to do with twitch/streaming. It's just shitty people. Streaming is huge, there are bound to be horrible people into streaming.
I never undestand why people immediatly blame any medium over blaming an individual for their shitty behavior.

Maybe people who do literally anything are shitty because humans suck and humans engage in those activities and bring their suck with them.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

while 50k followers isn't easy to get, its still in the realm of being a nobody. Going off my follows, the average Twitch streamer has like 100x more followers than average viewers.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is the kind of person that should be kicked into a deep deep hole and forgotten about.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My eyes popped out of my head when I got to the point where his estranged wife had to call the cops. I feel terrible for her kids.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
4 felony charges mean they have some serious stuff on him and it's going to be tough to escape them. He he did this, I hope more charges are filed.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Was shocking to read this on twitter. He's not huge on twitch and is probably best know for being the "WCG Ultimate Gamer" but he did have some viewership in the early days of sea of thieves by being the first Pirate Legend but I remember he was never really embraced by the community because his community was basically gathering loot for him and having him join their servers for free progress. The term "Not my Pirate Legend" was thrown around and the time and well it's use is pretty ironic now. Just awful to read all around.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Was shocking to read this on twitter. He's not huge on twitch and is probably best know for being the "WCG Ultimate Gamer" but he did have some viewership in the early days of sea of thieves by being the first Pirate Legend but I remember he was never really embraced by the community because his community was basically gathering loot for him and having him join their servers for free progress. The term "Not my Pirate Legend" was thrown around and the time and well it's use is pretty ironic now. Just awful to read all around.
Jup