• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017

I've been indefinitely suspended because of an insensitive comment I made lastweek. I don't condone hatred towards any person and it was a poor reflection of my character. I'm just trying to take this all in right now. I ask that my audience please remain calm and rational.

For anyone wondering it was a comment I made on the Rajj show that was uploaded to LSF. Obviously it was a joke but that doesn't excuse it. It was in poor taste and my fault.

Clip:

Twitch actually taking action. I'm guessing they'll lessen it to a 30 day ban or something though.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
WOW.... People have been trying to get this person banned for years over questionable takes and nothing ever happened. Then this happens.

1. How dumb can you be right now? This ain't no joke.
2. Deserved, rightfully so. That's a terrible thing to do. In character or not, joking about killing people is not funny.
3. Waiting for her supports to chime in she did nothing wrong.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!

I feel that this is yet again Twitch being Twitch. She's banned for this, while they're pushing other stars that have violated the law and nothing happened.

Oct 30, 2017
reading through her twitter and it looks like she's playing the donation game perfectly. smoking weed and "supporting the simps". seems like her cash flow just got strangled.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's really no different than joking about committing mass murder. Even if you're not serious, you probably deserve to be banned.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
It's always something to watch banned streamers realize how incredibly lucky they've been to make a living playing video games and joking around all day, once it's taken away from them.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
reading through her twitter and it looks like she's playing the donation game perfectly. smoking weed and supporting the simps. seems like her cash flow just got strangled.

Please don't use the term simp. It's pure toxic masculinity.

I don't understand why anyone would support her but bringing alt-right emasculating terms into this just makes our society even more of a clusterfuck.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Please don't use the term simp. It's pure toxic masculinity.

I don't understand why anyone would support her but bringing alt-right emasculating terms into this just makes our society even more of a clusterfuck.

Sadly cuck and simp are all over places like Twitch. It's pretty gross.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Same shit as always: she makes them money, so the ban will be lifted very soon, and nobody will ever talk about it ever again.

Oct 31, 2017
Can't say I care too much about Twitch banning indefinitely this person or not, since I'm not that much into this notion of forcefully silencing people just because they said stupid shit, but I'd be genuinely curious to understand from what angle she was coming from with that stupid "joke".

What was the punchline, again?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You know shit is getting real when Kaceytron gets banned from Twitch.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
She's gotten by with slaps on the wrist and side glances through a tonne of questionable shit over the years, so I'm genuinely surprised this is the straw that broke the back. Nonetheless I'm not going to shed a tear - play stupid games.

You know shit is getting real when Kaceytron gets banned from Twitch.
Right? Genuinely shocked me.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Can't say I care too much about Twitch banning indefinitely this person or not, since I'm not that much into this notion of forcefully silencing people just because they said stupid shit, but I'd be genuinely curious to understand from what angle she was coming from with that stupid "joke".

Forcefully silencing people? People have posted tweets of hers in this thread. Twitch has a right to curate their platform.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I feel that this is yet again Twitch being Twitch. She's banned for this, while they're pushing other stars that have violated the law and nothing happened.
Twitch is like the NFL, there's zero consistency with who does and doesn't get banned, and for how long. Streamer harms their cat? Nothing. Streamer flashes nude body part? Nothing. Streamer makes an insensitive comment? Banned.

They even let two blatantly fake streams that were impersonating shroud in order to steal Steam accounts to be live long enough yesterday to gather 5-6k viewers. Stuff like that should not even be live for minutes let alone long enough to reach the first page of streams.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick visit to her Twitter page showed me what a gem of a human being she normally seems to be.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

So with ageism and classism you think it's ok? No ban. Would you think the same about racism and homophobia?

Oct 31, 2017
So with ageism and classism you think it's ok? No ban. Would you think the same about racism and homophobia?
Nice loaded question, but that's precisely why I'd like to know "what the punchline was". To understand if the discrimination was to be taken at face value or if it was supposed to be some form of sarcasm where she meant the opposite of what she said, for a start.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, at least they aren't making excuses for themselves, that's always a good sign. Good call by twitch though, sometimes people can't help but try to be edgy and fuck, that really doesn't leave you much wiggle room post highschool; she does have some funny quips from time to time from the little I've seen but this ain't it.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Of all the 9 listeners who are visible, there is only one who is shocked.

tREEOKI.png

Personally, I would have issued a warning to all the other 8 listeners, on top of the interviewee, because it looks like they approve this kind of thinking.
How can one look so apathetic when they hear this kind of disgusting discourse? It is unsettling.

Hh0VmG8.jpg

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
"Well, a lot of people have been peddling conspiracies that it's a man-made virus to kill the elderly. It's very stupid of them but not malic-"
*watches video*
"... oh."

"please stop insulting me and calling me names"

I naively took it as "please don't insult Twitter asking them to reinstate me" but yeah, your interpretation makes a lot more sense.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

tREEOKI.png

Personally, I would have banned all the 8 listeners, on top of the interviewee, because it looks like they approve this kind of thinking.
This is bait, right?

Im sure the streamer in the OP will be back but I guess it's good that Twitch actually has started moderating. Don't think we'd see this happen to folks like Dr Disrespect if he was stupid enough to make the same comment but here we are.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
It violates the TOS very clearly. Maybe read the TOS if you're a streamer, idk.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It violates the TOS very clearly. Maybe the read the TOS if you're a streamer, idk.

Twitch does pick and choose how to enforce their TOS which is their prerogative. But it's clearly a different standard for different people.

Insulting trans people wouldn't be treated the same way for example.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Kacey has never been 'great' considering she is always on the Scuffed Podcast with Train and supposedly is against them but still benefitting from being on it, she's always advocated for certain 'progressive' views while profiting in any every way shape and form that goes against them. Associates with pretty horrible Twitch streamers and gladly goes against any sort of progressive ideology if it means getting in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

tREEOKI.png

Personally, I would have banned all the 8 listeners, on top of the interviewee, because it looks like they approve this kind of thinking.

Nah, that's a witch hunt. When you hear an unexpectedly horrible joke, your instinctive reaction is to nervously laugh in disbelief. You don't laugh at the joke, you laugh at the shock that someone is saying what they're saying (why people that do shock humor think they're so funny). Humor response is closely tied to the unexpected.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I know people who follow her. She seemed to take ironic indifference approach and implied sarcasm but not really on everything which appeared to make her bulletproof for the longest time.