• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AriesM4rch

Oct 27, 2017
People talk but don't give examples. I've yet to come across an example of a streamer with inclusive or wholesome chat no matter what, and they happen to have a big following. They would need several moderators around the clock to ban the trolls and bigots.
There's hasanabi, he's a left-wing political streamer with large following.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not the most clued up with twitch, but couldn't she have turned off the chat? Or even just turned off the stream for a while while she cleaned the chat up of the haters?

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People talk but don't give examples. I've yet to come across an example of a streamer with inclusive or wholesome chat no matter what, and they happen to have a big following. They would need several moderators around the clock to ban the trolls and bigots.

Literally Timthetatman. Nickmercs. Valkyrae. Do some research.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Mansplaining, downplaying and dismissing sexism.
I mean, if you're a streamer, or any profession where you become "famous", you need to grow some skin, because there's always bad apples out there that will are gonna go after you, no matter what. Its best to ignore that shit (or block them, or remove them from chat), as that person isn't worth your time.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand twitch streamers that continue to do this hobby if people are that awful with them. For your own sanity, just stop please. It's not worth the humiliation and pain.
So it's fine for people to attack her based on not showing enough cleavage but she can't break down or call out what's wrong in society? God please get a fucking brain.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Twitch chat is toxic AF as are many streamers that tolerate that toxicity and don't do anything about it. Especially with the normalization of incel rhetoric. Not to mention how much twitch admins tolerate diet racism and overt sexism. If you were to get 5c for every use of the word simp in the past month on twitch you'd be as rich as bill gates in a week's time.

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

What the hell is wrong with people?

mktrOOps

Oct 27, 2017
Just to make clear: Not EVERY twitch chat is a pathetic shithole. Those people in chat are of course not tolerable in any conceivable way, sometimes I hate people.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if you're a streamer, or any profession where you become "famous", you need to grow some skin, because there's always bad apples out there that will are gonna go after you, no matter what. Its best to ignore that shit (or block them, or remove them from chat), as that person isn't worth your time.

I mean yeah, twitch chat us scum, but that's common knowledge. Dunno why your expose yourself to that.

Seriously? It's like you guys don't understand what happened here exactly.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not the most clued up with twitch, but couldn't she have turned off the chat? Or even just turned off the stream for a while while she cleaned the chat up of the haters?
That's not the answer, no. People should be better. Good luck on that, though.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Damn, watching the clip really made me feel bad for her and anger towards those asshats. Why do people (especially a lot of these games, internet and other "nerd shit" as a lifestyle weirdos) are so fucking awful.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Would it really be such a bad thing if everyone had their identity tied to their accounts online? This would never happen if everyone could be held accountable with ease.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden

Lobosjr is the only example I can think of. Dunno if he's "big" enough, but he's been around for a LONG time.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
MaxDood, CohhCarnage moderate their chats pretty well while basically pulling in 10k+ concurrent viewers, there is probably more.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh disgusting. I will never understand the lives these people live when shaming someone for this is the best use of their time.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Goddammit, she was just excited about a game and wanted to dress as one of the characters. She wasn't trying to tease the boys. Fucking pathetic men.

babyzelda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
did they find it sexy after she started crying? why are they on twitch and not some site where people can consent to their humiliation and sadism?

just the grossest people :(

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
SE should release Tifa's ac outfit as dlc. Or better yet, made it the default one and charge for her iconic outfit.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
While I don't dispute that she is the victim here and the people talking shit to her need to fuck off, if she's not made of sturdier stuff than she should get away from Twitch, as I just don't think it's doing her any good, poor lass.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
That clip was hard to watch. But it's the same problem that has been going on the Internet for years, anonimity makes people forget basic manners and respect, and that's kind of the reality of it.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why does she even care what those ******** say? If you can´t accept negative comments, get out of twitch.

I don't know that particular streamer and her community/audience but parasocial relationships don't have to be onesided, i.e. she (obviously) cares about what they say because validation is a thing.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
User banned (1 month): Downplaying sexism
Scumbag people but honestly, people should know that cosplaying Tifa atracts that kind of garbage beings.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Posts like this fucking suck

Maybe instead of suggesting the person being attacked just quit, maybe call out the attackers??
Maybe he worded it wrong but I can understand what he is saying. It is a hard one because its not like a case where only one person is doing it and they can be singled out, this is coming from multiple people. If you go after everyone, how will you get the time to enjoy what you are doing? It was a pretty hard video to watch because I felt really sorry for her. I have a daughter and if she wanted to do something like this, I would probably advise her not to do it unless she is very mentally strong in order to take the shit that comes with it. A person should be able to do what they love doing without getting harassed and berated by a community, unfortunately we don't live in a world that allows that. If she goes after one person, more idiots will pop up to harass her, its a vicious cycle.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised how many here haven't heard of the word coomer. Anyways as usual Twitch chat is useless. Shit goes by way too fast and is filled with toxic individuals.
Serious question but why would i need to know the word coomer?
Me too. This situation and some in this thread are confusing me. Ho
The existence of gamers and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
I know you mean well and this is a general response and not just you.... but gamers entail to more than just males.

Ant Fort

Mar 22, 2018
I always hope that developers that actually listen to Twitch chat anymore . Twitch Chat is by far the worse community ever. People might talk about Neogaf , or youtube or etc. But Twitch is much worse.

lactatingduck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Mansplaining, downplaying and dismissing sexism.
If you're looking for outside approval on the internet, you're gonna have a bad time.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
She is gorgeous and look a lot like Tifa. Like a LOT. Good job on the cosplay.

I would say try not to focus on stupid people and their stupid comments, it's what they do lol.