• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Twitch culture is fucking trash, her cosplay is good.

Dying @ the need for the definition of "coomers" in the OP tho, that's how I knew we've gone too far.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
It's an unfortunate reality that a decent amount of people who follow females online are going to be scummy 'coomers' as she puts it who don't actually give a shit about the person behind the camera. They tend to be the vocal ones too which doesn't help... And then cosplay happens to be one of the most fetishized things out there as well, AND you're cosplaying one of the most fetishized characters ever? Yeah that's not gonna end well. Never got into watching streams personally, and this isn't really making me want to either.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't catch her stream today but I knew she was planning to do this cosplay.
From my experience, Twitch chat is mostly a giant hive mind that constantly spams shit without much thought of what they are typing and the potential consequences for the most part.
So I wasn't expecting her to take the Twitch chat so seriously this time either...

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
It's an unfortunate reality that a decent amount of people who follow females online are going to be scummy 'coomers' as she puts it who don't actually give a shit about the person behind the camera. They tend to be the vocal ones too which doesn't help... And then cosplay happens to be one of the most fetishized things out there as well, AND you're cosplaying one of the most fetishized characters ever? Yeah that's not gonna end well. Never got into watching streams personally, and this isn't really making me want to either.

What's a coomer?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Mansplaining, downplaying and dismissing sexism.
As a mid tier streamer myself, i just can't understand how she went to tears over this.
I mean, she idealized her fanbase or what? Every time you open your camera you should know that you will receive insults, trolling or something worst, people will try to make you feel bad if you are ugly to increase their self esteem, they will do the same if you are beautiful (her case) because they wish they were you, i mean, its pretty easy to understand.
Yeah, she idealized her fanbase, envy is a common thing in humans, you should expect it eve from your family, i wish she recovers well from this, this kind of low blows to your self esteem can be pretty damaging (When you are not expecting them)

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
As a mid tier streamer myself, i just can't understand how she went to tears over this.
I mean, she idealized her fanbase or what? Every time you open your camera you should know that you will receive insults, trolling or something worst, people will try to make you feel bad if you are ugly to increase their self esteem, they will do the same if you are beautiful (her case) because they wish they were you, i mean, its pretty easy to understand.
Yeah, she idealized her fanbase, envy is a common thing in humans, you should expect it eve from your family.
Fuck off, dude. Seriously, fuck right off.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, she idealized her fanbase, envy is a common thing in humans, you should expect it eve from your family, i wish she recovers well from this, this kind of low blows to your self esteem can be pretty damaging (When you are not expecting them)

dude really?

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can still be respectful even if you're a thirsty person watching a cosplayer display their work, in my opinion. I don't even know who the person in the OP is but I don't think it's fair to put the blame on her for breaking down like this.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds to me like your jealous she has a big audience. Oh and also extremely un called for.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen her stream a few times, her chat is often quite heavy on the banter and shipping, but it's usually pretty light hearted since her community seems to understand her boundaries.

With her doing cosplay, she probably wasn't ready for an influx of hyper thirsty weirdos spamming her chat. It probably doesn't help that she can't do alot of her usual outdoors content and maybe feels a bit like this might be the new normal for her.

Last edited:

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Shrugging toxicity off with "what did you expect? this is normal for that space" is, in and of itself, toxicity.

Criticizing someone's emotional reaction to toxicity as irrational or an overreaction is, in and of itself, toxicity.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Victim Blaming Rhetoric; Prior Bans for Inflammatory Behavior
she should know better

still sad to see

Mod Edit: Reverted post

Last edited by a moderator:

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Harassing a streamer for something as petty as this...that's gross and lame.

It's one thing to be horny on your own time, whether good or bad per se that's your own business, but the extra need to control how other people dress and act, to the point of attacking someone simply for wearing a costume you don't find "sexy enough"...it makes me ever so slightly more ashamed of humanity.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
It's not.

I'm more interested in knowing why they posted that in the first place.
I'm more interested to know why people wouldn't want posts demonstrating the poor treatment of women on Twitch.

Edit: Re-reading, I think I misunderstood and this is also your stance. My bad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I've seen her stream a few times, her chat is often quite heavy on the banter and shipping, but it's usually pretty light hearted since her community seems to understand her boundaries.

With her doing cosplay, she probably wasn't ready for an influx of hyper thirsty weirdos spamming her chat. It probably doesn't help that she can't do alot of her usual outdoors content and maybe feels a bit like this might be the new normal for her.
I think this is the case, and thanks for the insight, as i said hope this doesnt affect her too much, first time your fanbase betrays you Is always hard

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I don't understand twitch streamers that continue to do this hobby if people are that awful with them. For your own sanity, just stop please. It's not worth the humiliation and pain.
It's not like these fuckwads should have any influence over what she enjoys doing or not. In fact, they'd probably take it as a victory if she stopped.

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Shrugging toxicity off with "what did you expect? this is normal for that space" is, in and of itself, toxicity.

Criticizing someone's emotional reaction to toxicity as irrational or an overreaction is, in and of itself, toxicity.
I wasnt "shrugging It off" if i sounded harsh im sorry, sometimes you cant make these comments pretty when english Is not your first language, i didnt know another way to write It, and i wasnt trying to blame her, why would i? For fucks sake people, as i said above, i was trying to offer an insight as a streamer, totally uncalled for? Yes, but It is something different to the conversation and it doesnt harm anyone because as i said, i wasnt putting the blame in her shoulders

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm sure these are the same brain surgeons from this board who said Tifa wasn't sexy enough when Square revealed her Remake version last year.

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I don't understand twitch streamers that continue to do this hobby if people are that awful with them. For your own sanity, just stop please. It's not worth the humiliation and pain.
Because is not always like this, sometimes you have morons in your stream, sometimes you have a GREAT time with the followers that apreciate you for real, that feeling is the one you are doing this for.

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
You can still be respectful even if you're a thirsty person watching a cosplayer display their work, in my opinion. I don't even know who the person in the OP is but I don't think it's fair to put the blame on her for breaking down like this.
No dude, im not putting the blame on her, but the way i said i looked like a prick try hard smart ass, and that was not my intention, really.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
User Banned (1 Month): Sexism and Victim Blaming Over Multiple Posts
I can't feel bad for her. She cries because some random guy said her she wasn't sexy enough? Did she expect to only receive positive feedback?

Edit: Sorry I see that it was a group thing and not a single individual.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
meanwhile on the other side:
BF1.jpg

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I can't feel bad for her. She cries because some random guy said her she wasn't sexy enough? Did she expect to only receive positive feedback?
No, she is crying because she was betrayed by her audience and she wasnt expecting that, as Uhyve said above, her everyday chat isnt like this, makes sense, when you built the kind of audience she had before this, these kind of insults is the last thing you expect

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
It's horrible that her own audience would do something like that to her. Was she raided or something? It's really messed up.