• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting it's either 3rd Strike, CvS2 or Marvel 2 for the next one. Only bad thing about CvS2 and Marvel 2 is the lack of rollback which might make things difficult

It could be run via Parsec which is how the first UMvC3 tourney happened. That seemed to run well with some minor hiccups.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
That was wild, wheels is absolutely insane but goddamn that Thunder was terrifying.

Good matches.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about 3rd Strike. Max is a big fan, yes, but they can't use Fightcade on Twitch Rivals, 30th Anniversary suffers from noticeable input delay due to emulation, and Online Edition is still stuck on obsolete hardware and may thus not be accessible to many of the people Max would like to invite to the tournament.

JusDoIt

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
30th Anniversary suffers from noticeable input delay due to emulation, and Online Edition is still stuck on obsolete hardware and may thus not be accessible to many of the people Max would like to invite to the tournament.

SF30th and OE play identically online. OE is a package with way more features, but the gameplay has like zero differences. SF30th even has the same issue with EX moves that OE has.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I don't know about 3rd Strike. Max is a big fan, yes, but they can't use Fightcade on Twitch Rivals, 30th Anniversary suffers from noticeable input delay due to emulation, and Online Edition is still stuck on obsolete hardware and may thus not be accessible to many of the people Max would like to invite to the tournament.

They can't use Fightcade on Twitch Rivals? I guess I get it considering no one is ripping arcade boards to play on it lol

CvS2 and Mahvel 2 should be also out then. No way to run them without emulation

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
SF30th and OE play identically online. OE is a package with way more features, but the gameplay has like zero differences. SF30th even has the same issue with EX moves that OE has.
I haven't gotten the chance to play OE myself, but every time Max plays 3S on stream someone asks why he plays OE and not 30th and that's the answer he gives. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professor Beef

Official ResetEraâ„¢ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I haven't gotten the chance to play OE myself, but every time Max plays 3S on stream someone asks why he plays OE and not 30th and that's the answer he gives. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
From what I understand, 30th isn't arcade-perfect and there's a frame or two of lag. It's why people still prefer Fightcade, or OE if they still have a PS3/360.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope Microsoft makes a sequel after seeing the love for this game

Max needs to film his own version of this:

b1a.gif

"WHEN'S KI"

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Wheels interview from Chen's channel after the KI Twitch Rivals event:

timestamp 54:00

He talks about how he adjusted his control scheme to play KI because of his disabilities. For example, he can only use 5 or the 6 buttons and maps double inputs to the right stick.